What's new

Iran wins Freestyle Wrestling World Cup 2013 title

well the traditional way is to crush the onion with your fist not cutting it in two , and I don't think they serve fried onion with chelo Kebab , it must be eaten raw

They don't fry it totally. It's cut in half but sometimes the cut onion is left on the grill for a very short time to lightly fry the bottom.

Other places serve it raw, as you mentioned.

Lots of talk about onions, so here's my $0.02

I personally don't touch my kabab or Abgoosht (specially abgoosht) without raw onion, no way. abgoosht without onion isn't worth eating.

Red onion is great on Shirazi salad, in fact it's one of the main requirements.

People in the West are missing out, but then again they're missing out on a ton of things with the crap they call food. Onion is the least impt with the kind of crap they eat.

ah, even in this thread the wahabis manage to stink up the place

buddy, Iran has been the only country in history to capture a Roman emperor alive. We killed 2 Roman emperors in battle and captured Valerian along with many of his soldiers alive. He died years later in Iran. Shapur used Valerian as a footstool for many years.

574px-HumiliationValerianusHolbein.jpg

Edit: btw, have the arabs ever accomplished anything in sports? Iran probably bagged more medals in the last Olympic than all arab countries combined in the last few editions.

The Arabs defeated the Romans and Persians- collapsing both- :agree:-

Guys make sure to watch the short video in this link

USA and Iran discuss future of wrestling [AMBIENT] | Rightster

This is how our relationship with the West should have been in the past 3+ decades. It will be again in the future. Once we become strong than we can take back what they took from us and than we can take revange. For now we must be their allies and work with them. Asia will have its revange and we must be smart and play this game properly if we want to be part of the big boys of Asia in the future.

From free style wrestling to Iranian foods and onions :D That's interesting! :bunny:

The Arabs defeated the Romans and Persians- collapsing both- :agree:-

Persian army was more suited to fight against Romans and armoured units, not light, agile Arab cavalry, I must also mention that Rome and Persia were weakened by war and internal rebellions so I wouldn't give too much credit to Arabs for their victories.

From free style wrestling to Iranian foods and onions :D That's interesting! :bunny:

Persian army was more suited to fight against Romans and armoured units, not light, agile Arab cavalry, I must also mention that Rome and Persia were weakened by war and internal rebellions so I wouldn't give too much credit to Arabs for their victories.

Iranian tribes such as the Massagetae were believed to be the originator of the class of heavy cavalry known as cataphract. During the time of Achaemenid Persia cavalry was the elite arm of service (as was the case in most civilizations), and many Persian horsemen such as the bodyguard unit of Cyrus the Younger were rather heavily armored by the standards of the era.

The Parthian Empire of Ancient Iran marks an early recorded utilization of armored cavalry in warfare, and are specifically believed to have given rise to the tradition of very heavily armored Cataphract lancers. These had a distinct role from ordinary heavy cavalry and were primarily used as an elite assault force, to pummel infantry formations into submission, or even acted in a dual-purpose role as horse archers and cataphracts.

Ammianus Marcellinus, a Roman general and historian, who served in the army of Constantius II in Gaul and Persia, fought against the Persians under Julian the Apostate and took part in the retreat of his successor, Jovian. He describes the Persian knight as:

All their companies clad in iron, and all parts of their bodies were covered with thick plates, so fitted that the stiff joints conformed with those of their limbs; and forms of the human faces were so skillfully fitted to their heads, that since their entire bodies were covered with metal, arrows that fell upon them could lodge only where they could see a little through tiny openings opposite the pupil of the eye, or where through the tips of their noses they were able to get a little breath."

"The Persians opposed us serried bands of mail-clad horsemen in such close order that the gleam of moving bodies covered with closely fitting plates of iron dazzled the eyes of those who looked upon them, while the whole throng of horses was protected by coverings of leather. "

407px-Knight-Iran.JPG

The oldest known relief of a heavily armoured cavalryman, from the Sassanid empire, at Taq-i Bostan, near Kermanshah, Iran (4th century).

Heavy cavalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
ah, even in this thread the wahabis manage to stink up the place

buddy, Iran has been the only country in history to capture a Roman emperor alive. We killed 2 Roman emperors in battle and captured Valerian along with many of his soldiers alive. He died years later in Iran. Shapur used Valerian as a footstool for many years.

574px-HumiliationValerianusHolbein.jpg

Edit: btw, have the arabs ever accomplished anything in sports? Iran probably bagged more medals in the last Olympic than all arab countries combined in the last few editions.

Rome Did'nt even exist at the time of the Arab invasions of the 6/7th century. It was an unstable Byzantine empire that was it's de-facto successor. If the Parthian and Early Sassanian emperors of Iran was alive during the 7th century, I would doubt the Arab would have defeated Iran so easily.

Persians are strong!!!! damn

You guys always wing strength sports, especially weightlifting and wrestling.

In recent times we've been doing very well in sports but regressing in football (soccer) weirdly enough.

In basketball we've won 2/3 previous Asian Championships (will hopefully win the next one), we won the previous Taekwando World Cup, we've won 90% of wrestling events in the world since 2010, we broke our own record in the past Olympics in terms of medals (I think we doubled our previous record), we won the previous Asian Volleball championships and we've also won 10/12 previous Asian Futsal championships. Oh and we won the Asian beach soccer championship that was held last month in Doha. I'm probably missing a few here as well.

Edit: I made a mistake. We won the 2010 taekwando World Cup not the last one. We were the runners up in the previous one (lost to Korea in the final)

taekwando is getting very popular in Iran right now. Same with basketball.

Here's a short Korean doc about Iranian Taekwando (in English)/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom