What's new

Iran warns: will hit militant 'safe havens' inside Pakistan

My only objection to your assertion is that dont call this Saudi led Alliance as an Islamic Alliance. This Alliance is formed under an illegitimate regime who has no right to rule Hijaz and Arab(So does Irani Mullahs). They are among the worst dictatorial regimes whose involvement in spreading Wahhabi terrorism is well established. Its also a established fact that Irani Mullahs and Saudis are supporting their respective brand of Islam economically and militarily.

Now we have to chose which Mullah is beneficial for us...and that is not Iranian mullah, for sure....Isolated one, arrogant, threatening this is all about Iran...

Also due to different sect, Iranians are not comfortable with Pakistanis...

Iran-Pakistan border is 900 Km long and not under dispute. However, just like Pak –Afghan border, it is a very porous smugglers den; especially along the area where Iran/Pakistan/Afghanistan borders meet. Iranian gasoline and diesel was being smuggled into Baluchistan when I was working for Esso even back in the 1970’s.

Pakistan has declared many times that she will not allow Pakistan’s land to be used as a base for attacks on the neighbouring countries. Jaish al-Adl is a sectarian Sunni organization allegedly associated with LeJ /SSP and with the Saudi backing; basically an arm of Saudis in their proxy war with Iran. Iranians are justified in complaining for the 26Th April and other attacks on the Iranian guards; however the wording used is very strong and not suitable for friendly countries.

Remember so many Pakistanis were also calling for surgical strikes on TTP targets inside Afghanistan. Iranian reaction is regrettably similar.

Saudi influence is no doubt very strong in Pakistan and even in the 'Report Card' where the participants are renowned journalists; I heard one who, in an indirect way implied “To hell with Iran”. Can we really afford to live surround by the hostile neighbours on 3 sides? Pakistanis have to realize that one must find a way to co-exist peacefully with the neighbouring countries.

There should really be no room for any Jaish, Lashkar or a private army in a sovereign country. IMHO, it is our diplomatic failure and lack of political will to control sectarian outfits that is to blame for this mess. Regardless of how long it takes and what is the cost on the ex-chequer, Pakistan Army must root out all such organizations from Pakistani soil. Only then States’ writ can prevail.

Arguably, we cannot find a negotiated settlement with India in the foreseeable future; but with Afghanistan and Iran we surely can.

I just can't believe this...U have such apologetic attitude...Do you have any proof that these Iranian guards got killed on our side? Do you know Iranians are brutally crushing Sunni Baloch in their sistan - resulting in birth of such organizations...What is the proof that these guards were killed by Pakistani organization/Pakistani side?

Pakistan should start sectarian mess with Parachinar and zanibiyoon brigade, formed by Iran to send Pakistani youth into sectarian war...

There is simply no reason to believe Iran...Sender of Jadhav, Uzair Baloch...

Arguably, we cannot find a negotiated settlement with India in the foreseeable future; but with Afghanistan and Iran we surely can.

Respectfully, I shall disagree.

Just skim over the threads here; the day begins with Nasr and Nuclear Bombs and ends with the same. When day after day a population is sold on the idea that only nuclear weapons will create a great nation (or should I say decades after decades, after all, it was ZA Bhutto's wish to position Pakistan as a leader of the Islamic World) without any other narrative being given the import, what will you expect? A population willing to understand the view point?

Sectarianism should be avoided at best in this thread. One can cite prexisting animosities between Persians and Arabs through the adoption& adaptation by the Safvids of political Shia ideals and current day Persians by default- and the more inter tribal issues of Arab Sunni-Shia split.

Either way, this has little to do with border clashes and is greater diplomatic language over Pakistani participation in the GCC alliance.

It is the pre-cursor of Pakistan being dragged into Saudi Arabia vs Iran games, with the way the situation in middle east is being allowed to grow out of control (or should I say - is being kept in a state of controlled flux?), am not going to be surprised if we see effects in this region too. This is what I alluded to in September, when I hinted was planning to put up something on CPEC and the region of Baluchistan - Sistan.

pakistan has a terrorist problem and a huge fundamentalist problem within the country its about time its tackled properly, its one thing a country like india is saying it, but when other countries point the ugly truth like Afganistan and iran and even western nations like UK/USA what exactly does that tell you.

Iran-Pakistan border is 900 Km long and not under dispute. However, just like Pak –Afghan border, it is a very porous smugglers den; especially along the area where Iran/Pakistan/Afghanistan borders meet. Iranian gasoline and diesel was being smuggled into Baluchistan when I was working for Esso even back in the 1970’s.

Pakistan has declared many times that she will not allow Pakistan’s land to be used as a base for attacks on the neighbouring countries. Jaish al-Adl is a sectarian Sunni organization allegedly associated with LeJ /SSP and with the Saudi backing; basically an arm of Saudis in their proxy war with Iran. Iranians are justified in complaining for the 26Th April and other attacks on the Iranian guards; however the wording used is very strong and not suitable for friendly countries.

Remember so many Pakistanis were also calling for surgical strikes on TTP targets inside Afghanistan. Iranian reaction is regrettably similar.

Saudi influence is no doubt very strong in Pakistan and even in the 'Report Card' where the participants are renowned journalists; I heard one who, in an indirect way implied “To hell with Iran”. Can we really afford to live surround by the hostile neighbours on 3 sides? Pakistanis have to realize that one must find a way to co-exist peacefully with the neighbouring countries.

There should really be no room for any Jaish, Lashkar or a private army in a sovereign country. IMHO, it is our diplomatic failure and lack of political will to control sectarian outfits that is to blame for this mess. Regardless of how long it takes and what is the cost on the ex-chequer, Pakistan Army must root out all such organizations from Pakistani soil. Only then States’ writ can prevail.

Glad Pakistan has pragmatic people like you. Hope Pakistan policies are influenced by such wise and pragmatic view.

This Iranian warning is nothing but a cause of laughter.

Let them try.

Do you know Iranians are brutally crushing Sunni Baloch in their sistan - resulting in birth of such organizations.

With this lame and ridiculous logic of yours, groups like TTP and LeJ are a result of Pakistan brutally crushing its Sunni population.

It just never fails to amaze me, be it in a Sunni majority or minority country, in many of them Sunni terrorist groups exist and people like you justify them by saying they are 'oppressed'. No they are not, they are just terrorists and sectarian psychos.

How about you put aside this extremely sectarian attitude of yours and simply swallow the harsh truth that you actually have to condemn these many Sunni terrorist groups that exist in various countries? Obviously, many 'real' Sunnis despise these groups, but there are also hypocrite logics like yours who cry when these groups strike their own country but sympathize with very same violent groups in other countries.

It's this hypocritical approach that makes recruitment for these groups so easy in countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria or Iraq.

This Iranian warning is nothing but a cause of laughter.
Let them try.
That's an interesting approach: invite the Iranians in, let them mop up the terrorists and destroy their bases, then declare it was a joint effort afterward.

Honourable Pakloves Turkiye,,

Firstly, don’t know how old you are, you may not know that Iran has supported Pakistan in the aftermath of 1965 war.

During 1965 and 1971 two brief but furious wars flared up between India and Pakistan. The first lasted 23 days and saw the PAF pitting its F-86Fs, F-104s and B-57s against the IAF’s Hunters, Vampires, Gnats, Ouragans, Mysteres and Canberras. Losses all round were severe. To recoup its losses, Pakistan took three main steps. Because of an arms embargo, it was cut off from its traditional source of supply, the United States, so turned to France for a limited supply of Mirages (these were too costly for the PAF to obtain in the numbers it needed). It turned to China for a large number of F-6 Fighters. These are a version of the MiG-19 and have been to this day an affordable but reliable (if outdated) aircraft. Finally, Pakistan looked for anv available “bargains” and, as it turned out, found an excellent one. A large batch of Luftwaffe Sabre 6s were currently surplus. Working no doubt with seasoned international arms dealers, Pakistan agents concluded a deal which saw the Sabres purchased by Iran. Some 90 were ferried to that country by Luftwaffe pilots. Once there so the story goes, they were flown into West Pakistan “for overhaul.” They never returned and were soon flying with PAF squadrons. The Sabre 6 was an ideal find for the Pakistanis—it was inexpensive and was readily serviceable; PAF fighter pilots had been brought up on the F-86F, yet the Sabre 6 was a good half generation advanced over the “F”. The Canadair Sabre was to form the backbone of the PAFs day fighter operation in the 1971 war and would fly again%[ vastly superior numbers of IAF fighters, including the Gnat, Hunter, Mystere HF-24, SU-7 and state-of-the-art MIiG-21.

http://pakdef.org/sabre-f-86/

Unquote.

Iranians may change but I am not an ungrateful SOB who forgets those who have helped Pakistan in “NEED”.

Let me ask you, were these guards in any way hurting Pakistan or Pakistani interests? Are we at war with Iran? Let us agree that Iranian are brutally crushing Sunni Baluchis; this act was not perpetrated by the Baluchis but a sectarian outfit.

These people also kill Pakistani Hazaras and other Shias. Are Quetta Hazara’s brutally killing Sunnis? Besides, Pakistani Army is also fighting BLA, not because they are Sunnis but because BLA fighters are insurgents. How can then any one condone Jaish al Adl who so proudly claim their vicious act? Finally, do you think that Pakistan is guardian of all the Sunnis of the world?

My honourable compatriot; I did not like the language either and said that the language used by the Iranian spokesman was extremely strong and not used among the friendly countries. I am not suggesting that Pakistan should accept bullying by Iran either.

Naturally you are welcome to call me apologetic if it pleases you, I think that I am just being pragmatic. I stand by my point. I am just stating a simple fact that no country can survive for long surrounded by hostile neighbours. Israel is an exception but she is also surviving because of strong USA support.

Last edited:
We have foreign sponsored madrassa which are secured by our intelligence agencies. What else ....

You are resonating what Americans, Indians and Iranians had been saying.
Fore record sake: Pakistan army have denied such baseless accusations many a times. On the contrary, even have shown evidence of involvement of Iranian and Indian agencies in recent surge of terrorism within Pakistan, which followed US occupation of Afghanistan.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why every one is ignoring the key point which is the subject matter.
Iran has cleverly played to the tunes of US and India, by accusing Pak army of hosting terror groups !!!
Whereas, Iran bombing Pakistan is a non issue, because it happens periodically and Pakistan has always ignored it to please Shia of Pakistan.

With this lame and ridiculous logic of yours, groups like TTP and LeJ are a result of Pakistan brutally crushing its Sunni population.

really ? you better do some study man, you information seems to be coming from Indians .
TTP was formed in early 2000's by some of those who fight in Afghan Taliban, that TTP formed against the Pakistan joining American alliance against Afghanistan no because Sunni's were oppressed .. and LeJ is also a sub division of TTP but they more Anti Shia rhetoric center ..
Come on buddy, you are a senior member , Act like one ..

Bro...He did nothing...He just called one member out who has talent and capability to make Iran victim/innocent even when they're not...

Brother, please read the post specifically:

I'd like to see Pakistani Shia members reply to this threat.​

Why are "Pakistani Shia members" being put on the spot? Above all, did the one member being called out to comment even defend Iran on this thread? In my humble opinion, this borders harassment at worst and chauvinism at best. Neither should be condoned.

And the member in question does have opinions but, from my limited interaction, I've mostly seen him argue passionately when it comes to taking side between Arabs and Persians which I feel is his right as a Pakistani. Kindly correct me if you feel I'm wrong.

Yes...This perception do exists that some Shia members ridiculously defend Iran even when Iran acts hostile...Hence, members over here interested in getting their opinion...

The perception is clearly false. I know plenty of Pakistani Shia families, military and civilian, and they don't care about Iran all that much. And we are a large country so people will have different views. I feel we can have a civil conversation without targeting or questioning the loyalties of our fellow citizens regardless of their views.

Last edited:
Whole of the muslim world has been devastated by the tussle between Shia Iran and Wahabi Saudia Arabia. These two countries are full of hatred for eachother because of obvious reasons. No matter what you do, the hate amongst the people and establishments of these 2 countries will never case to exist, instead over the recent years, it only increased and partly exploited by foreign power and end result is a ruined middle east with no end in sight for the wars.

Both the countries are headed by immature, corrupt, sectarian politicians who will burn whole of the world to settle their own hatred. The recent warning by Iran is a direct result after GRS joined Islamic Alliance officially. I'm of the opinion that for the safeguard of the muslim world, these 2 oil rich countries must cease to exist, they use petro dollar just for the spread of sectarian hatred and wars between muslim lands. This world would've been far better if there was no curse of Shia Iran and Wahabi Saudia Arabia. Siding with either one of those is suicide. Let them kill eachother or other world powers bomb the shit out of these 2 countries so rest of the muslim world can live in peace in future generations. Everything in the world will go fine if you take Iran and Saudia Arabia out of the equation.

It just never fails to amaze me, be it in a Sunni majority or minority country, in many of them Sunni terrorist groups exist and people like you justify them by saying they are 'oppressed'. No they are not, they are just terrorists and sectarian psychos.

How about you put aside this extremely sectarian attitude of yours and simply swallow the harsh truth that you actually have to condemn these many Sunni terrorist groups that exist in various countries? Obviously, many 'real' Sunnis despise these groups, but there are also hypocrite logics like yours who cry when these groups strike their own country but sympathize with very same violent groups in other countries.

It's this hypocritical approach that makes recruitment for these groups so easy in countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria or Iraq.

Unlike you, our official religion is Islam, not Shiaism...We represent all Muslims, not only one sect.

Have you forgotten Pakistan's help in Iraq war and riggi brothers...If Pakistan wanted, you would never had captured that guy...

We elected Shia leaders...Despite being Sunni majority country, we used to see Iran in positive light unless you back-stabbed us, like always since 1979....

Pakistan only country where majority views Iran positively: PEW

Honourable Pakloves Turkiye,,

Firstly, don’t know how old you are, you may not know that Iran has supported Pakistan in the aftermath of 1965 war.

During 1965 and 1971 two brief but furious wars flared up between India and Pakistan. The first lasted 23 days and saw the PAF pitting its F-86Fs, F-104s and B-57s against the IAF’s Hunters, Vampires, Gnats, Ouragans, Mysteres and Canberras. Losses all round were severe. To recoup its losses, Pakistan took three main steps. Because of an arms embargo, it was cut off from its traditional source of supply, the United States, so turned to France for a limited supply of Mirages (these were too costly for the PAF to obtain in the numbers it needed). It turned to China for a large number of F-6 Fighters. These are a version of the MiG-19 and have been to this day an affordable but reliable (if outdated) aircraft. Finally, Pakistan looked for anv available “bargains” and, as it turned out, found an excellent one. A large batch of Luftwaffe Sabre 6s were currently surplus. Working no doubt with seasoned international arms dealers, Pakistan agents concluded a deal which saw the Sabres purchased by Iran. Some 90 were ferried to that country by Luftwaffe pilots. Once there so the story goes, they were flown into West Pakistan “for overhaul.” They never returned and were soon flying with PAF squadrons. The Sabre 6 was an ideal find for the Pakistanis—it was inexpensive and was readily serviceable; PAF fighter pilots had been brought up on the F-86F, yet the Sabre 6 was a good half generation advanced over the “F”. The Canadair Sabre was to form the backbone of the PAFs day fighter operation in the 1971 war and would fly again%[ vastly superior numbers of IAF fighters, including the Gnat, Hunter, Mystere HF-24, SU-7 and state-of-the-art MIiG-21.

http://pakdef.org/sabre-f-86/

Unquote.

Iranians may change but I am not an ungrateful SOB who forgets those who have helped Pakistan in “NEED”.

Let me ask you, were these guards in any way hurting Pakistan or Pakistani interests? Are we at war with Iran? Let us agree that Iranian are brutally crushing Sunni Baluchis; this act was not perpetrated by the Baluchis but a sectarian outfit.

These people also kill Pakistani Hazaras and other Shias. Are Quetta Hazara’s brutally killing Sunnis? Besides, Pakistani Army is also fighting BLA, not because they are Sunnis but because BLA fighters are insurgents. How can then any one condone Jaish al Adl who so proudly claim their vicious act? Finally, do you think that Pakistan is guardian of all the Sunnis of the world?

My honourable compatriot; I did not like the language either and said that the language used by the Iranian spokesman was extremely strong and not used among the friendly countries. I am not suggesting that Pakistan should accept bullying by Iran either.

Naturally you are welcome to call me apologetic if it pleases you, I think that I am just being pragmatic. I stand by my point. I am just stating a simple fact that no country can survive for long surrounded by hostile neighbours. Israel is an exception but she is also surviving because of strong USA support.

Will you judge Iran by past or recent actions? Pakistan also reciprocated...I have heard their all diplomatic missions use Pakistan to communicate outside world...Heck, their nuke program also started with the help of us....Now what do you want? Should Pakistan appease each and everyone except oneself? Did Iran has ever ask Pakistan before taking any step?

This apologetic attitude of Pakistanis are the reason, we are in such mess...Any Tom, dick and harry is staring at us...

Peace!!!

You are resonating what Americans, Indians and Iranians had been saying.
Fore record sake: Pakistan army have denied such baseless accusations many a times. On the contrary, even have shown evidence of involvement of Iranian and Indian agencies in recent surge of terrorism within Pakistan, which followed US occupation of Afghanistan.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why every one is ignoring the key point which is the subject matter.
Iran has cleverly played to the tunes of US and India, by accusing Pak army of hosting terror groups !!!
Whereas, Iran bombing Pakistan is a non issue, because it happens periodically and Pakistan has always ignored it to please Shia of Pakistan.
For every failure our nation point finger at Iran,US,India. If you live in Islamabad then you should know Maula Abdul Aziz still deliver anti state sermon ....anybody there to stop him?. Who is protecting this terrorist right in the middle of nation capital .Plus , again we easily bring sectarianism in national security issue. If Pak Army think Iran is wrongly chasing terrorist then address the issue and knock down Iran forces right on border. Who is stopping PA.
Ahsan ula ahsan is now all of sudden disappear from media. A hardcore terrorist pardon ????

Back
Top Bottom