What's new

Iran wants in with CPEC project.

CPEC is a template,

As I have been saying in past, Iran, India, Afghanistan and Central Asian countries will be linked sometime in the future. It is a natural alliance after completion of infrastructure in Pakistan.

China & Pakistan needs to import energy from Middle East and Persian Gulf so it would lay a pipeline going across Pakistan. China has signed a deal with Russia for gas imports but it may not cater the growing demand of Western China. Afghanistan would want to gain access to Gwadar port for shorter route to Afghanistan so the route of CPEC will be beneficial for them. We will be looking forward to increase bilateral trade with Central Asia so they may also be linked together via Afghanistan.

It's a vision, beneficial for the whole subcontinent. Unless India develops a direct trade route with China, it has the potential to cater the needs of Indian trade going to China via Lahore & Sialkot. It is very ideal route to meet the requirement of North India.

The biggest beneficiary is likely to be China and Pakistan due to obvious reasons but the pace of bilateral trades between South Asia, Central Asia and Middle East will increase manifold.

Troll all you want. This project has nothing to do with India. Though I can bet with any man here. These projects will change Pakistan, generations will benefit from these projects and investment.

And I hope they benefit Pakistanis immensely but let's be realistic here, this isn't the first time Pakistan has believed a single project will radically change their country for the better. If you recall the hoopla around Gwalior port, their are striking parallels from the ecstasy around project to the faith of the average people that this would solve all their issues. 10 years later nothing has changed...

And I hope they benefit Pakistanis immensely but let's be realistic here, this isn't the first time Pakistan has believed a single project will radically change their country for the better. If you recall the hoopla around Gwalior port, their are striking parallels from the ecstasy around project to the faith of the average people that this would solve all their issues. 10 years later nothing has changed...
Gwaliar port of india has no geo political importance ... It doesn't offer several land locked States access to warm waters (Also one of the busies trade routes in the world) .. Nor does it offer the worlds largest or 2nd largest economy the shortest access to Arabian for mass imports...

46+ billion dollars... You Dnt spend that kind of money for an insignificant port unless you expect to recover it and also profit from it. That's basic logic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom