What's new

Iran wants in with CPEC project.

Last week I posted a thread to discuss how it would be a win win if Iran and Afghanistan join in with the 46 billion dollar China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.

Turns out Iran wants to join.

قدیم شاہراہِ ریشم کی بحالی میں ایرانی دلچسپی - BBC Urdu
56c297d8-fe39-4271-af9c-4e469373ff83.jpg

A map of China's Silk Road Economic Belt and the Maritime Silk Road
PressTV-Iran, China work to resurrect Silk Road

they are interested on silk route not PCEC.

Pakistan can accommodate India's concern with CPEC by avoiding Azad Kashmir and GB and look for an alternative route such as through Afghanistan to China.

No need to do that, Its non of India's business, its totally internal matter.

Even our friends at Bharat Rakshak know that "Azad Kashmir" is gone forever and I dare say there is a more or less consensus in India to make LOC=IB. So the Indian "objections" are for domestic consumption.

Anyway, Pakistan will continue to see the benefits of not joining the stupid KSA-led army in Yemen. Iran is Pakistan's neighbor and both countries not only share a lot but their destinies are joined together. Remember that: We can't change our neighbors.

A very welcome news. I really don't see why Iran would ever want to "sabotage" China led investment in Pakistan. Both Chahbahar and Gwadar can happily co-exists--much like Vancouver and Seattle do.

God help us from unknown means ....In our history we never get Bankrupted....why you're so much jealous :enjoy:

No, our economy went to recession once when the Korean war ended, Pakistan had less exports as demand of jute had fell and at the same time was facing a drought, it lead to food shortages and riots across Pakistan.
History 101 by Mr.Meap.

Though the RCD highway is no more but still Iran has a border with Pakistan and they know that Gawader would be a bigger hub then Chabahar. So they have to some how link their road and rail to this city.

Moreover Iran is also considering exporting its Oil and Gas through Gawader.

Iran are more than welcome to join and I hope they do. They will be refreshingly surprised there is no malice or ulterior motives in this bloc. Pakistan simply wants to economically progress and if that means collaboration from regional partners and they can benefit too then even better.

Some countries like to advance at others expense (India/USA) but CPEC its win-win.

Iran are more than welcome to join and I hope they do. They will be refreshingly surprised there is no malice or ulterior motives in this bloc. Pakistan simply wants to economically progress and if that means collaboration from regional partners and they can benefit too then even better.

Some countries like to advance at others expense (India/USA) but CPEC its win-win.
Indeed. That's what I mentioned in past that why would Iran involve itself into a conflict with china/pakistan just because India has problem with its neighbors. It seems like Pakistan's decision to stay neutral has given Iran more confidence. Iran/Afghanistan both should throw away Indian interests and join this pure economic block. Together we can make entire region prosper.

Don't let the irani mullahs in they are trouble makers.

Even our friends at Bharat Rakshak know that "Azad Kashmir" is gone forever and I dare say there is a more or less consensus in India to make LOC=IB. So the Indian "objections" are for domestic consumption.

Anyway, Pakistan will continue to see the benefits of not joining the stupid KSA-led army in Yemen. Iran is Pakistan's neighbor and both countries not only share a lot but their destinies are joined together. Remember that: We can't change our neighbors.

A very welcome news. I really don't see why Iran would ever want to "sabotage" China led investment in Pakistan. Both Chahbahar and Gwadar can happily co-exists--much like Vancouver and Seattle do.
You are right India doesn't want "Azad Kashmir"
But why India shouldn't use this as a bargaining chip to settle issues of investments in infra projects in Arunachal Pradesh and Oil drilling in Vietnam's SCS with China.
Making noises about "Azad Kashmir" may make China nervous and China may withhold or delay the project which again can be used as a bargaining chip in Kashmir talks with Pakistan.
So GB may be claimed by Pakistan but for the time being will remain is a sort of strategic asset for India.

it a bit tricky Situation , we cant blindly trust the Arabs and the Iranians , hence they are tend to betray us from the back , i hope some basic precaution must be under-taken ..

You are right India doesn't want "Azad Kashmir"
But why India shouldn't use this as a bargaining chip to settle issues of investments in infra projects in Arunachal Pradesh and Oil drilling in Vietnam's SCS with China.
Making noises about "Azad Kashmir" may make China nervous and China may withhold or delay the project which again can be used as a bargaining chip in Kashmir talks with Pakistan.
So GB may be claimed by Pakistan but for the time being will remain is a sort of strategic asset for India.

Whatever you are smoking is certainly working for you.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom