What's new

Iran Unveils Home-Made Missile Launching Hovercraft

Although good development by Iran, but during war Hover's are not so practical if you're on defensive side...Even if you are thinking of swarm attacks, still no good.Spend money on something else.

"hava nav"

lol I love how we Iranians make up Iranian names for everything.

it is called SRN-6 hovercraft... a British Hovercraft from 1960s

SRN6-02-1.jpg

SRN6-1.jpg

SRN6-2.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-photos-multimedia/127368-imperial-iranian-armed-forces-shah-era-3.html

b/c a hover craft made in 2012 looks different from a hover craft made in the 60's lol

Whaat?
what.jpg

Ford GT 1960's
42429.gif

Ford GT 2006
Ford_GT_1.jpg

Catch my drift? Same car, diff tech.

It's a damn hover craft, what do you want Iran to do? Create a brand new design? Of course we're gonna copy the design!!

Sorry to burst the damn bubble...:) let me put it this way, dont really know what name is given to it by your generals but the fact still stands... unfortunately, it is a repainted British SRN-6 hovercraft from shah era...

Sorry to burst the damn bubble...:) let me put it this way, dont really know what name is given to it by your generals but the fact still stands... unfortunately, it is a repainted British SRN-6 hovercraft from shah era...
Just like the Altay that is a repainted version of Korean k2 and you are blabbering about it too much??
Why do we have too much ignorants here?

as expected.... no comments on the subject or an obvious fact stated by me but insults... just an Ad hominem reasoning from your side.

However, insulting people does not change the fact, the fact still stands... unfortunately, this is a repainted British SRN-6 hovercraft from shah era which was aquired in mid 1960s

7055942543_a6d59c1575.jpg

and Please feel free to visit the following thread to improve your knowledge on tanks...

-FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY;

http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/218597-15-november-2012-otokar-altay-p1-introduction.html

finally
-igrorant: Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware

I am glad that at least now after my posts you are less ignorant about British SRN-6 hovercraft and Altay

Man, the award for resilience goes to Iran :D

Its really commendable how in the face of world wide alienation and isolation these guys still maintain their resolve and still try to progress.

Now if only Ahmedinejad got his head out his rear and worked toward better relations with the US and Israel, kept Iran out of the Palestine issue, stopped supporting Hezbollah and Hamas, it would be great! For Iran and for the world.

. I do not think your advice would make a Nation change his stance specially when they have invested decades and billions of dollar in supporting their policy towards Palestine.

. I do not think your advice would make a Nation change his stance specially when they have invested decades and billions of dollar in supporting their policy towards Palestine.

Of course not. Thats why they suffer. Ahmedinejad should honestly rethink his approach for the sake of his people.

impressive, sounds like iran is incorporating russia's doctorine of naval missile carriers en masse

OMG these turks are smtg else

Are these hovercrafts repainted brit hovercrafts too?

Younes 6
100907865558.jpg

Iran produces 20 of them every year. We have 40+ of them if they produced these stuff for more than a year. If production is still going then we should have more than 60 by now.

guys leave the trolls alone, or on the other hand, the Jealous trolls.Iran has built yones small hovercraft 5 years ago. and now it's the time to show a big one.it wasn't weird. as all people know, we are under sanction, we cant waste a lot of money to design a new shape one, after revolution we should repair and build spare parts for our hovercrafts as like other military equipment in Iran. It's obvious That now they can build a copy of them.If now they waste a lot of money to design new shape it's useless. because our budget is limited and we are under threat and every second could war start. so instead of wasting money to build a lot of spare parts for two difference hovercrafts, we just build spare parts that can be use in old and new hovercrafts.
If we look at The other powers in the world which are not puppets, like china, Russia, They did as same as us.They first made a copy of Germany,USA equipment. and all know that most of Chinese military production were a copy of Russian equipment. So don't worry guys. we will see trolls again, the people who always are watching us and their butt burns.

guys leave the trolls alone, or on the other hand, the Jealous trolls.Iran has built yones small hovercraft 5 years ago. and now it's the time to show a big one.it wasn't weird. as all people know, we are under sanction, we cant wast a lot of money to design a new shape one, after revolution we should repair and build spare parts for our hovercrafts as like other military equipment in Iran. It's obvious That now they can build a copy of them.If now they waste a lot of money to design new shape it's useless. because our budget is limited and we are under threat and every second could war start. so instead of wasting money to build a lot of spare parts for two difference hovercrafts, we just build spare parts that can be use in old and new hovercrafts.
If we look at other powers in the world which are not puppets, like china, Russia, They did as same as us.They first made a copy of Germany,USA equipment. and all know that most of Chinese military production were a copy of Russian equipment. So don't worry guys. we will see trolls again, the people who always are watching us and their butt burns.

How many younes 5s do we have? Any idea? I'm guessing they're for patrolling the Iran-Iraq/Kuwait region right (shat al arab)?

If you mean me , i'm not a troll , i'm applauding iran's work here while the first thing comes to mind is the russian naval missile carriers , again i try to applaud iran's work without applauding it 100%

Although good development by Iran, but during war Hover's are not so practical if you're on defensive side...Even if you are thinking of swarm attacks, still no good.Spend money on something else.

dude, It doesn't mean we Use them in front line to attack to enemy warships! we have a lot of islands in Persian gulf that are strategic for us. The hovercrafts are most important equipment to transport forces and Supplies between islands and The coast line.
These hovercrafts saved Abadan during Iraq-Iran war, because Abadan was surrounded by Iraqi forces and the only way to access to Abadan for Iranian forces was the sea.some of them got killed in this way. RIP Their brave crews.

Back
Top Bottom