What's new

Iran turns its back on Russia and China with own battle tank

Just correcting you fanboys that karrar is not a t-90ms beater or even its analog.

Refer to post #300.

And on what evidence are you basing these comments on? were you involved in the development of karrar?

Both Karrar and T-90ms are based on the T-72 chassis. Iran has said, in certain aspects, the karrar would outperform the T-90ms. As long as karrar has comparable capabilities to the T-90ms, that is something to be happy about.

We know ... Nothing matches Al-khalid...

sheer toll.

And on what evidence are you basing these comments on? were you involved in the development of karrar?

Both Karrar and T-90ms are based on the T-72 chassis. Iran has said, in certain aspects, the karrar would outperform the T-90ms. As long as karrar has comparable capabilities to the T-90ms, that is something to be happy about.

Thats what i am asking, in what aspects will it beat the t-90ms?

sheer toll.

Thats what i am asking, in what aspects will it beat the t-90ms?

It was not said. So I can't really give you accurate information there. But I have no reason to doubt that claim.
It could potentially be in the armour. Who knows where it could be. The Russians are one of the best tank designers, to outdo one of their best tanks in even a little aspect would be a big deal in my opinion.

Thanks for reaffirming my point that it is nothing more than an upgraded t-72. Here is why:

it has no 2a46m5, rather the standard 2a46m main gun.
You didnt realise that it has the same old optics, look again, just the external unit is modified.

Only a naive person can say that turret is no big deal. It is not about shape, rather the materials used, refining and enhancing hardness of used steel as per Brinel standards, and use of electroslag remelting process and techniques.

http://www.engineersedge.com/hardness_conversion.htm

Now, what is the BHN strength of turret steel used in Karrar mbt and does it use ESR welding techniques? If not, it is just a glorified t-72 nothing more.

As for fire control, adding fancy displays is all that you guys have done. Without t-90MS's Kalina fie control system your tank is,well, a modified 72 at best.

So, now do you agree that Karrar=upgraded t-72?

By the way, after seeing this:
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/qaher-313 , i realized your industry's actual capabilities.

All hail iran.

Well, T-90 itself is an upgraded T72, it was at first known as T-72BU!!!

Anyway Karrar uses a new welded turret(unlike the cast turret of old T72), it uses a completely new Iranian made gunner sight and a new FCS, it is also equipped with a Panoramic sight, giving it a hunger killer capability.

So it is much better than a T-72S

Armor section:
New welded turret + new ERA + passive laser lock detector

Armament:
New Sights and FCS + RCWS + hunter killer capability

Communication:
New digital systems

Mobility:
We don't know anything.in this regard, most likely uses the same 840hp engine, although with new sensors

So Karrar offers alot for Iran, it is clearly inspired by T90MS, it may not be completely on par with T90MS but the best thing is that it is made in Iran and we can field hundreds of them by Upgrading our T 72 fleet to Karrar standard, by that time I believe that Iran can come with a solution for a new and more powerful engine for new Karrars, also it is possible that new Karras are already in mass production(via foreign acquired engines).

Last edited:
He has no point bro ...

Now ... Take a look at the best thing ever made :

563df68f5e330.jpg

You jelly?

It might not be Karrar but we are pretty happy with it.

He has no point bro ...

Now ... Take a look at the best thing ever made :

563df68f5e330.jpg

You jelly?

Soheil please stop baiting them, Karrar is in no way related to AlKhalid and these kind of trolling is beneath us.

Let them be butt hurts or whatever, in the end it makes no difference because we are moving forward and by each passing day, it becomes harder and harder for them to ignore it.

As it says, at first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Something like that.

It might not be Karrar but we are pretty happy with it.

I know bro...

It was sarcastic... :)

well it's an absolute beauty :lol:

Infact Al-khalid is a pretty good tank .

But some Pakistani brothers have a weird feeling about Karrar...

Seems brotherhood turns off in such a situations...

If @yavar is not Iranian, what is his nationality?.
what are you talking about ?? I Am Iranian born in Iran both my parent are Iranian .
you need to ask Iranian members here they will let you know .
i only said what big proportion of Iranian feel about our relation with China .
what that got to do with false flagger ?? I am much much more Anti American and Anti Israeli if you just follow my posts

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/u-s-gives-iran-a-timeout-lol.475686/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/israel-and-hezbollahs-golan-calculations.469295/

I know bro...

It was sarcastic... :)

Infact Al-khalid is a pretty good tank .

But some Pakistani brothers have a weird feeling about Karrar...

Seems brotherhood turns off in such a situations...

Noooo... Karrar is awesome and i luv tht
I luv to see iran going high

Chinese MBT-2000 !

Lol, as expected, you are a troll after all. Instead of answering some basic queries, you had to bring the Alkhalid in.

So much for the discussion.

In fact, despite the rhetoric coming out of Washington (which is mostly electoral politics), the true long-term enemy of the USA is China.

Actually so is Russia. As long as the Empire is maintaining its grip we will never see an outright Russia-US détente come to fruition. Also, in spite of the presnce of pro-US fifth columns in Russia (and because of it) the Kremlin has learnt not to trust Washington as a result of the calamities during the Yeltsin Era as well as numerous broken promises.

It's been refreshing to read several reasonable posts from Iranian members but my point in my previous post still stands. Trolls on the Internet aside, both Russia and China have to, with all due respect (that is still left of it, lol) to Iran, be wary of the victim mentality prevalent among the Iranian people - and perhaps Tehran as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom