What's new

Iran to react if US prevents lifting arms embargo as per nuclear deal: President Rouhani

Absolutely....that's what I said as well. We have tremendous potential but due to the BS rhetoric and ideology our people have lost out on one of the biggest economic boom of the 20th and 21st century. Meanwhile UAE a literal sandbox is becoming a ME business hub.
Sadly, as an Iranian, you must either be a victim of American propaganda, anti Islamic Republic, blame Islamic Republic for everything and wish for regime change, or you must be full out blind supporter of whatever Islamic Republic does and reject the west entirely. There is no middle ground where we just focus on and want to see our country progress and prosper.

Iran should negotiate with Israel and Arabia Saudi, reestablishing relationships with them. And stop supporting Hezbollah, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad ...

Iran is currently isolated, they have too many enemies in the Middle East region.

Iran recognizing ISrael would be the absolute final card. why the hell would Iran do that? especially with an unpredictable clown like trump in office.

Iran recognizing Israel would end every single dispute with the West/US tomorrow. the Zionists and American would literally get on their knees and beg, with blank cheque, and blank piece of already signed paper for Iran to just write down their requests on.

There has only been one time where there was a rumour that Iran would negotiate on Israel. and it allegedly happened when qassem Soleimani offered the US a grand deal on behalf of IRan right after the Iraq invasion.. to which Bush rejected, and branded Iran an "axis of evil"... the rests history.

I know they know we have the capability, but right now the general belief is that we wont ever do it.

General belief from who? The ones that need to know the reality already know. That is what matters. Don't worry about the opinion of irrelevant people. They do not dictate policies. What matters is knowing the capability is there, everything else is just a matter of politics from Iran.

I am really sorry but Iran is an islamic republic, so there are some rules everyone has to follow, like hijab, or hanging people. These arent rules set by the rulers but actually things from islam, and islam is related to everything in our lives.

I am not saying we should abandon hijab, although, forcing women to wear hijab is against Islam, but I do see the reason behind it, that we dont want western culture infiltrate ours. But regarding hanging people, why? What is the function of this, we live in 2020, there is no reason to hang people by crane, publicly, for anyone to film and post on youtube. Even if they have to practice hanging, fine, but why do it publicly for the whole world to see?

Also it looks like you dont really know why Iranians chant death to america, death to israel and why they burn their flags. Is it that you really dont know the reason, or that you forgot it, or you just want to ignore it?

What is the function? Why? What good can possibly come from US chanting death to Israel and US? It doesnt change anything except painting us in a bad way. They can hate US and Israel for all I care, I hate Israel and US foreign policy too, but why chant death to them and burn their flags? It serves no purpose.

Iran's internal problems should only be discussed and solved by the Iranians, it makes no sense for an Iranian to ask another country to fix such things. Also it has always been a mistake negotiating with the west. If they really cared about Iranian people, they would be removed those sanctions when the deals were signed.

Of course it should be solved by Iranians, none other can solve it anyways. I know the west doesn't care about Iran, but we dont need to be enemies, we can be neutral, thats my point. We can benefit from them, why should only they benefit from us?

General belief from who? The ones that need to know the reality already know. That is what matters. Don't worry about the opinion of irrelevant people. They do not dictate policies. What matters is knowing the capability is there, everything else is just a matter of politics from Iran.
The general belief by the politicians, by the very same British politicians that ordered to capture our ship because they believed we wont retaliate. By the Americans who ordered the assassination of our hero because the general belief was that we wont retaliate.

The general belief by the politicians, by the very same British politicians that ordered to capture our ship because they believed we wont retaliate.
By the Americans who ordered the assassination of our hero because the general belief was that we wont retaliate.

They made those miscalculation and now realised Iran does respond. However, I do not think that is linked to their beliefs regarding whether Iran has the capability to go nuclear or not. The responses have to be proportional. This is a long term game, moves are calculated based on the context of long term objectives not on emotive reflex actions. If that was not the case, Iran would have annihilated 1000's of Americans troops in retaliation to US assassination of Soleimani. Iran understands that going nuclear during this current environment will create more problems than solutions.

Iran recognizing ISrael would be the absolute final card. why the hell would Iran do that? especially with an unpredictable clown like trump in office.

Iran recognizing Israel would end every single dispute with the West/US tomorrow. the Zionists and American would literally get on their knees and beg, with blank cheque, and blank piece of already signed paper for Iran to just write down their requests on.

There has only been one time where there was a rumour that Iran would negotiate on Israel. and it allegedly happened when qassem Soleimani offered the US a grand deal on behalf of IRan right after the Iraq invasion.. to which Bush rejected, and branded Iran an "axis of evil"... the rests history.

I dont see why we need to champion the cause of Palestine. IMO we should ditch the Palestinians, but we should always side with Hezbollah over Israel.

Yes, but that is an issue of the design of warhead content. There are many different types of warheads a missile is capable of carrying, however it does not mean it had to be specially designed to carry that specific system. For example, a Fateh-110 can carry anything from thermobaric warhead, to nuclear to chemical and so on. Don't get boggled down on this "designed to carry" term.

Okay. Bear with me.

So, you have a reentry vehicle traveling at a hypersonic speed like 7,000 m/s (i.e. 25,000 km/h). Now your RV will have to tolerate an extremely high temperature during reentry. That requires its coating to be sacrificed to keep the warhead safe. Then during reentry, your RV first experiences the thin air of the upper atmosphere. The flow around your nosetip will be laminar but as it goes down and the air becomes denser, the flow becomes more and more turbulent. And then there will be a bombardment of dust at your RV that wears out your coating further as well as microscopic imperfections of your own nosetip that makes things worse. Now if at any point, your warhead gets damaged, (for example mixing your beryllium and polonium in a plutonium design or causing two separate uranium masses to join each other earlier than planned), your warhead will detonate prematurely or can lead to a fizzle yield or your warhead not working at all.

This is in fact common for plutonium nuclear devices due to their complexity. Almost all countries have had failed nuclear detonations with plutonium bombs due to their sensitivity and complicated engineering. A tiny damage to your warhead can render it completely useless. This is not the case with conventional explosives.

I am not saying we should abandon hijab, although, forcing women to wear hijab is against Islam, but I do see the reason behind it, that we dont want western culture infiltrate ours. But regarding hanging people, why? What is the function of this, we live in 2020, there is no reason to hang people by crane, publicly, for anyone to film and post on youtube. Even if they have to practice hanging, fine, but why do it publicly for the whole world to see?
Hanging is one of the punishments in islam, and some are required by the islamic law to be done in public, I haven't really heard about any public executions for a long time.

What is the function? Why? What good can possibly come from US chanting death to Israel and US? It doesnt change anything except painting us in a bad way. They can hate US and Israel for all I care, I hate Israel and US foreign policy too, but why chant death to them and burn their flags? It serves no purpose.
These actions are done so that newer generations would never forget what the west did to them. The west stole Iranian money for decades, killed Iranians, and destroyed their land. This thing is still going on around the world against muslims in general and not just Iranians, and such acts should be stopped. When we chant such things, we dont really want to kill the americans, we are protesting against the american government. We dont want such terrorists killing and stealing from the muslim world. Look at what's going on in Yemen. Children are being killed like they are flies. Saudis perform strike missions daily, reaching up to 200 strike missions per week. Why should all this happen around the world. Next time you see someone chanting death to america, death to israel and burning their flags, remember the Yemeni and Palestinian children and civilians, remember what happened to Iraq and Syria, remember what happened to Iran before the revolution, and you will see that such actions are justified. Why do you think it's the Iranians who should behave themselves, look at all the terrorist acts done by the west.

Of course it should be solved by Iranians, none other can solve it anyways. I know the west doesn't care about Iran, but we dont need to be enemies, we can be neutral, thats my point. We can benefit from them, why should only they benefit from us?
Iran wants to stay neutral, but the west doesnt. 35 different countries teamed up together and started a war that lasted for 8 years against Iran immediately after the revolution. They have been funding terrorist groups around and inside iran for decades now, aiming at killing Iranians and destroying Iran. How can Iran stay neutral with all this? Iran wont just sit and watch others destroy it. If you are saying that Iran should stay neutral in such situations, you are basically saying that Iran shouldn't defend itself.

Okay. Bear with me.

So, you have a reentry vehicle traveling at a hypersonic speed like 7,000 m/s (i.e. 25,000 km/h). Now your RV will have to tolerate an extremely high temperature during reentry. That requires its coating to be sacrificed to keep the warhead safe. Then during reentry, your RV first experiences the thin air of the upper atmosphere. The flow around your nosetip will be laminar but as it goes down and the air becomes denser, the flow becomes more and more turbulent. And then there will be a bombardment of dust at your RV that wears out your coating further. Now if at any point, your warhead gets damaged, (for example mixing your beryllium and polonium in a plutonium design or causing two separate uranium masses to join each other), your warhead will detonate prematurely or can lead to a fizzle yield or your warhead not working at all.

This is in fact common for plutonium nuclear devices due to their complexity. Almost all countries have had failed nuclear detonations with plutonium bombs.

Yes, but you are commenting regarding the design of the warhead. Of course the contents of the warheads have to shielded from the thermal effects and high g forces. This is not what we are discussing here. We are talking about the design of the missile itself. For example, the Chinese DF-17 carries a hypersonic glide vehicle, but the actual "missile" is still the regular DF-16. In other words, you do not design the missiles for the specific warhead. The missile just carries the warhead. The issue of the warheads itself is a separate discussion. I hope this clarifies it.

They made those miscalculation and now realised Iran does respond. However, I do not think that is linked to their beliefs regarding whether Iran has the capability to go nuclear or not. The responses have to be proportional. This is a long term game, moves are calculated based on the context of long term objectives not on emotive reflex actions. If that was not the case, Iran would have annihilated 1000's of Americans troops in retaliation to US assassination of Soleimani. Iran understands that going nuclear during this current environment will create more problems than solutions.

It is a long term game indeed, but we cannot put all our eggs in the Trump wont get reelected basket, or the there will at some point, maybe in 10 years, maybe in 20, maybe in a 100 years be an Iran friendly US president basket.

We will have to wait until the election to see what Irans next move is. Currently, it is very clear Irans plan A is for Trump not to get re elected, I just hope we have a good plan B

I dont see why we need to champion the cause of Palestine. IMO we should ditch the Palestinians, but we should always side with Hezbollah over Israel.
What did they do to Iran for Iran to treat them like that. Here is your problem, if you say that Iran should ditch them and ignore them, that means that you dont want Iran to grow. It is every muslims job to defend other muslims. But forget islam, arent we humans? Dont we have to defend other humans? What if israel did the same to you and your family? Wouldn't you expect others to help you against an aggressor? Wouldn't you expect others to help you in such a case?

Yes, but you are commenting regarding the design of the warhead. Of course the contents of the warheads have to shielded from the thermal effects and high g forces. This is not what we are discussing here. We are talking about the design of the missile itself. For example, the Chinese DF-17 carries a hypersonic glide vehicle, but the actual "missile" is still the regular DF-16. In other worlds, you do not design the missiles for the specific warhead. The missile just carries the warhead. The issue of the warheads itself is a separate discussion. I hope this clarifies it.

So, now I think you know what I am saying but I think your terminology differs from me.

1. Are you saying that warhead = reentry vehicle? Because that's obviously not true as a reentry vehicle can carry more than one warhead.

2. Are you saying that the reentry vehicle is not part of the missile? Because I have always assumed that the reentry vehicle is part of the missile, but it seems that you are considering it as a separate thing.

It is a long term game indeed, but we cannot put all our eggs in the Trump wont get reelected basket, or the there will at some point, maybe in 10 years, maybe in 20, maybe in a 100 years be an Iran friendly US president basket.

I do not think Iran is necessarily relying on him being re-elected or not. Ultimately the problem the Americans have the Iran is a deep ideological one. Trump sitting in the second term in office may become more level headed in dealing Iran. Biden may actually be an improvement or he may just play the "good cop". We will have to wait and see.

Hanging is one of the punishments in islam, and some are required by the islamic law to be done in public, I haven't really heard about any public executions for a long time.

Come on bro, its 2020, we should not hang people from cranes

These actions are done so that newer generations would never forget what the west did to them. The west stole Iranian money for decades, killed Iranians, and destroyed their land. This thing is still going on around the world against muslims in general and not just Iranians, and such acts should be stopped. When we chant such things, we dont really want to kill the americans, we are protesting against the american government. We dont want such terrorists killing and stealing from the muslim world. Look at what's going on in Yemen. Children are being killed like they are flies. Saudis perform strike missions daily, reaching up to 200 strike missions per week. Why should all this happen around the world. Next time you see someone chanting death to america, death to israel and burning their flags, remember the Yemeni and Palestinian children and civilians, remember what happened to Iraq and Syria, remember what happened to Iran before the revolution, and you will see that such actions are justified. Why do you think it's the Iranians who should behave themselves, look at all the terrorist acts done by the west.

There are more sophisticated ways of teaching the Iranian youth about the past than chanting death to US. Chanting death to US and burning their flag doesn't stop anything. It doesn't help the Palestinians, it doesn't help the Syrians, it doesn't help the Yemenite, it doesn't make US change its foreign policy. It doesn't help us in any way. What it does is create headlines like "look, these uncivilized Iranians are wishing death to US and burning flags, look how uncivilized they are, they deserve sanction"

Iran wants to stay neutral, but the west doesnt. 35 different countries teamed up together and started a war that lasted for 8 years against Iran immediately after the revolution. They have been funding terrorist groups around and inside iran for decades now, aiming at killing Iranians and destroying Iran. How can Iran stay neutral with all this? Iran wont just sit and watch others destroy it. If you are saying that Iran should stay neutral in such situations, you are basically saying that Iran shouldn't defend itself.

UAE was funding ISIS and the sectarian terrorists in Syria. they are a Saudi vassal state. We still do business with them. We still do business with or did until recently with GCC states that funded Saddam.

1. Are you saying that warhead = reentry vehicle? Because that's obviously not true as a reentry vehicle can carry more than one warhead.

Re-entry is what contains the warhead. Re-entry vehicles may have carry more than "warhead" if you are referring to cluster bomblets, but generally the re-entry vehicle is the what carries the single warhead. For example the American LGM-118 Peacekeeper can carry up to 12 re-entry vehicles that each carry a single nuclear warhead.

2. Are you saying that the reentry vehicle is not part of the missile? Because I have always assumed that the reentry vehicle is part of the missile, but it seems that you are considering it as a separate thing.

The missile is designed with capability to deliver a certain amount of payload. Once you made the missile, you can then design different warheads and use the missile to deliver that. Like the DF-17 example I gave above. That is why the notion of a missile "designed" to carry nuclear weapons is not an accurate one. What matters here is the payload capability of the missile. The warhead design is a separate issue.

Back
Top Bottom