What's new

Iran to Purchase Sukhoi-30 Fighter Jets From Russia

I have a message for losers ...

this is not the end !!!

We are going to upgrade it to another level !!!

+ buying Su30 doesnt mean that we have no plan for a homemade fighter jet ...

We are going to show our abilities in drones , fighter jets & bombers as we did in AD systems !

With all the UN requirements met , I don't see why Iran cannot import planes

We have some JF17 thunder for sale

JF-17 rejected by IRIAF before its first fly as FC-1 !

We are interested in Su30 because of its long range !

I have a message for losers ...

this is not the end !!!

We are going to upgrade it to another level !!!

+ buying Su30 doesnt mean that we have no plan for a homemade fighter jet ...

We are going to show our abilities in drones , fighter jets & bombers as we did in AD systems !

Iranian capabilities in UAV have already been demonstrated. However, given the recent breakthrough, now that Iran has jet engine technology for larger craft, jet powered UCAV and fighters will inevitably arrive. Not long now.

JF-17 is a nice, cheap plane, but it does not satisfy Iranian requirement. I think after su-30, Iran will only look for 5th gen planes, as it should.

you're pulling that statement randomly out of your behind?
You don't need to be rude bro take it easy.

As I said : loser's logic !

A failed state like NK helped us in developing B-373!?

& China ... I cant understand why these people trying to connect iranian developments to countries like russia , china and NK ... such a good friends ha !? sharing strategic technologies with iran !? for what!?

seems american bros also dying to help us !

I mean sayyad 2 launchers !!!

they also crash landed their advanced drone in iran to help our aerospace industry !!!

:D
It just a stereotype every think Muslims do should have a foreign origin otherwise we are Muslims to them have no brain

But any way that's not matter what matter is that you have the tech to build a system that is equivalent to the S-300 and you can produce it in big numbers.

Thanks for offer but because of Iran weather and some military doctorine , IRAF doesn't want single engine fighters with low operational range ....

We need something that be able to cover all of Iran air space ....

Our aim is to replace old good f4 phantom ...

It just a stereotype every think Muslims do should have a foreign origin otherwise we are Muslims to them have no brain
No Sir! No!
Before judging me, did you read me correctly ? I just answered to a "rude" post concerning a single person, that is in fact an insult. Iam not crap! Iam more than 50 years old, my background is: Iam field engineer in mechanical engineering. Iam engineer in computer science, and I know what I say. If your read my previous posts, I explain how Iran has the potential to be a power thanks to the modernization of its industrial basis.
U must know everybody copy on everybody. US looted the world, they copied nazis technology, they looted all soviet's technologies after the fall of Soviet Union. Soviet Union copied on Nazis. China copied on West, and copied soviet technology, and is copying russian technology. It is not an insult to copy. The number Pi was discovered by egyptians, should we say that we are copying egyptians ? The gold ratio was discovered by egyptians, should we say that we are copying egyptians ? The Zero was discovered by persians, should we say that we are copying persians ? The algorithm was invented by persians, should we say that we are copying persians too ?
If you do not have the technology, U could not create it. U must find a sources to obtain these informations, it is not a shame..
Moreover U seem to despise North Korea. U criticized me, but what do you think about North Korea ? Is it the real old fashionned country where its population is starving ...Indeed...as Janes, and all other the filthy western medias. But is it the reality meanwhile this country is able to produce its own SLBM ?
Take a look this link here :

U will understand how North Korea is among the top of countries in the world, and to cooperate with this country is not something as pejorative, on contrary.

But any way that's not matter what matter is that you have the tech to build a system that is equivalent to the S-300 and you can produce it in big numbers.

As I said in the previous posts, Iran has among the best scientists in the world, nowadays Iran -as Pakistan- has the industrial basis that it lacked before to overcome these challenges. Industrial basis means : Metallurgy complex , tools machinery, high skills personals, Universities, engineers schools, etc.... Now Iran does have this industrial basis, it must find money to do that. As I said before, thing that could change completely is the skills of Iran regarding Print 3D technology. It is a new industrial revolution, and willl be a game changer at the favor of Iran. As iranians seems to be very well advanced in this strategic area, their possibilities to produce or clone an aircraft such as F-14 or Mig-29 -including their turbofans jet engines- could be more and more possible and conceivable. This is what I said before, and what I think.

Last edited:
I never understand this rumor ... even if its true. Iran doesn't need Flankers as much as it needs a cheaper and dedicated interceptor like Mig-29 M2 and onwards. IRIAF already has infrastructure for this aircraft including a refurbishment facility. Better to sign a contract with kemlin on purchase of 4-5 squadrons of Modern fulcrums and complete overhaul of the current 20-22 aircraft already serving in IRIAF. Su-30 purchase means an expensive contract and complete development of infrastructure inside iran ... bit unrealistic.

I never understand this rumor ... even if its true. Iran doesn't need Flankers as much as it needs a cheaper and dedicated interceptor like Mig-29 M2 and onwards. IRIAF already has infrastructure for this aircraft including a refurbishment facility. Better to sign a contract with kemlin on purchase of 4-5 squadrons of Modern fulcrums and complete overhaul of the current 20-22 aircraft already serving in IRIAF. Su-30 purchase means an expensive contract and complete development of infrastructure inside iran ... bit unrealistic.

It is not a rumour, it is a stated intention by the defence minister.

Furthermore, as others have alluded to, Iran's large geographical size (and also some of its enemies are large) requires a long range aircraft such as the Su-30. The MiG-29 is infamous for it's very short range.

Where is your link?
Sorry friend my link was censored by the robot as I am not allowed to post links. U can email me and I will post the link, or U can try by searching yourself on Google :
North Korean Precision Manufacturing Develops Computer Numerical Control (CNC)

U will find easily the link of KoreaIttimes.

Sorry friend my link was censored by the robot as I am not allowed to post links. U can email me and I will post the link, or U can try by searching yourself on Google :
North Korean Precision Manufacturing Develops Computer Numerical Control (CNC)

U will find easily the link of KoreaIttimes.
Industrial basis is there for both military and non-military industries in Iran.. The leadership in Iran decided to do something that deserves Iran's name. The decided that;

Instead of trying to catch up with current rather old science and tech of the West, Iran focuses on the future science and techs... future fundamentals... new fields that will determine who is a pioneer in let's say 2050 or 2100... Last time that today's science caravan started its race, Iran and the majority of nations were sleep or unfortunate of being busy with wars...

This time Iranian authorities decided Iran needs to focus on future stuff... fields like biotech, nano, stem cells, composites, genetics as master fields or as you said 3D printers and some other like biomeds, robotics, unmanned technology, super alloys and some more as off springs.. so this time in 50 years from now, Iran has a good chance to become a pioneer in science and tech of that era in future...

Iran first started to do simple assembly.. Then it started with reverse engineering... then dared to design its own products... then instead of opening a big factory equipped with German CNC machines decided to make its own CNC machines... then felt like they have enough guts to focus on future sciences... and we are now on this phase... Iran is working hard on future science... and she is very well advanced in many of these future sciences...

NK and Pakistan have both some aspects of industrial basis but not quite in the same phase as Iran... Iran is on the right track and this is why, Iran is full of surprises...

Authorities in Israel, USA and some of Europeans were happy that Iran is not into making future and only works toward closing its gap with these two... but it is couple of years that guys in Israel and US are worried about the new approach of Iran... They alongside their masters were happier seeing an Iran trying to copy what others have to offer from new techs, but fortunately, they no longer can sleep easy with Iran becoming a force that can be among those who shape the future...

... The leadership in Iran decided to do something that deserves Iran's name... then instead of opening a big factory equipped with German CNC machines decided to make its own CNC machines...
I spent long time searching about Iran's tools machineries. I could not say whether Iran has, or does not have the know how to produce by itself for example CNC 5 axis or more...If you could post any links, or open another topic U can call Iranian tools machinery. Iam very curious to see where is Iran regarding these areas. Does Iran produce ceramic tools, new generation of metal carbides, its industrial metrology systems etc....If U have clues please....

It is not a rumour, it is a stated intention by the defence minister.

Furthermore, as others have alluded to, Iran's large geographical size (and also some of its enemies are large) requires a long range aircraft such as the Su-30. The MiG-29 is infamous for it's very short range.

Su-30 project will require alot more cash than MiG-29/35 ... it will integrate perfectly within IRIAF because of already existing experiences and infra structure ... volatile relationship between Iran and Russia means that iran will always be dependent upon Russia for SU-30 parts and further maintenance. What if Russia backs out in middle of the contract or refuses to provide further assistance ? ... with Mig, IRIAF atleast have some home grown setup ...

I dont agree with iran needs long range fighters ... for now iran needs dedicated interceptors and air superiority fighters to provide cover for literally naked surface fleet in Persian gulf and key installations. Some instant solution is required to cover for retiring F-5E/F, F-4E/D, MF-1 ... nothing seems more plausible than purchase of more Fencer D M2 (with KH-31 A and P) and Fulcurum M2/SMT/mig-35. Even if 4 more squadrons of M2 and 2 of Su-24 D M2 are integrated in IRAF along with upgradation of current fleet of these two aircrafts ... rest of the clown like fleet of shah times can be alotted to IRGC-AF (excluding current 2-2.5 serving tomcat squarons) ...

I spent long time searching about Iran's tools machineries. I could not say whether Iran has, or does not have the know how to produce by itself for example CNC 5 axis or more...If you could post any links, or open another topic U can call Iranian tools machinery. Iam very curious to see where is Iran regarding these areas. Does Iran produce ceramic tools, new generation of metal carbides, its industrial metrology systems etc....If U have clues please....
There are a list for thousands of Made-in Iran industrial systems/ machinery in this thread;

https://defence.pk/threads/made-in-iran.156164/page-114

I,m not sure in what page CNC machines are posted but there are lots of CNC systems you might be curious to know about in that thread.

There used to be a thread dobbed Iranian high tech industries or something like that which is merged into Made in Iran thread...

Is this deal affected by western embargo on weapon sales to Iran?
I recall that nuclear deal has some grace period of few years before weapons can be sold but not sure if it is binding from UN or only west
UN only, but Iran does not trust West for Sale of strategic weapons, mainy Combat aircrafts that may be sanction prone anytime the US decides that and impose it on its allies..The SU-30 upgraded with an AESA radar isa good choice, since it will be readilly available after the next 4 years of UN sanction,, If Iran orders them now they may be available to for induction a soon as the sanctions are lifted in the meantime someToT components can be manufactured in Iran..

Su-30s, Mi-8s: Iran Considers Inking $8 Billion Arms Deal With Russia

1027286491.jpg

Iran plans to buy the Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters, the Mil Mi-8 and the Mil Mi-17 helicopters, as well as other weapons from Russia in an arms deal worth more than $8 billion, the Kommersant newspaper reported, citing unnamed sources.

"Tehran has already sent a list of military hardware that Iranian Armed Forces would like to purchase from Moscow," the daily added, saying that the Russian Ministry of Defense, the Russian government and the Kremlin have already seen the list.

1034836498.jpg

The Iranians allegedly want to buy the Sukhoi Su-30SM multirole fighters, the Yakovlev Yak-130 advanced jet trainer and light attack aircraft, the Mil Mi-8 and Mil Mi-17 transport helicopters, as well as the K-300P Bastion-P mobile coastal defense missile systems, frigates and diesel-electric submarines.

Last Thursday, a source in the Iranian Defense Ministry confirmed that Iran was interested in acquiring the Sukhoi Su-30 to upgrade its fleet. The source did not specify what version of the aircraft Iran was interested in. A day earlier, Iranian Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan, who is on a two-day visit to Moscow, mentioned that Tehran wanted to seal a license production deal with Russia.

"The addition of any Su-30 variant would greatly increase the capabilities of the Iranian air force, which is mostly equipped with an antiquated mix of American-, Russian- and Chinese-built hardware," defense expert Dave Majumdar wrote for the National Interest.

Tehran, according to the Kommersant, could also ask Moscow's help in repairing Iran's fleet of the Mikoyan MiG-29s, Sukhoi Su-24MKs and submarines.

1034836652.jpg

Su-30s, Mi-8s: Iran Considers Inking $8 Billion Arms Deal With Russia

I'm much more skeptical of this $8 billion figure now. Helicopters I can understand (the national helicopter project has been going slowly) but submarines? They are a non-issue. And while the P-800 is an excellent missile, Iran already has "carrier killer" missiles in the form of the Khalije Fars. And I don't think they are about to buy Yak-130 trainers since Iran is actively designing and using many trainers right now, to go for the Yak-130 seems odd, however good it is. So yeah, take this report with a grain of salt now.
Iran wanted more Kilos a While ago,so the addition of 3 new project Kilo class is a good possibility, the rest is quite important for new tech to be also used/implemented in domestic developments..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom