What's new

Iran stations long range 2,200km UAV suicide drones at Yemeni airbase on Red Sea coast aimed at enemies

Aspen

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Iran appears to have sent deadly drones to its allies in Yemen as Middle East tensions heat up across the Red Sea, another major flashpoint where rival forces operate, Newsweek has learned.

Imagery seen by Newsweek and confirmed by an expert who follows Iranian activities in the region indicate the presence of Iranian Shahed-136 loitering munitions, also called "suicide drones," deployed to the northern Yemeni province of Al-Jawf, an area of the country controlled by the Ansar Allah, or Houthi, Zaidi Shiite Muslim rebel movement.

"The Iranians have delivered to their Houthi proxies in Yemen advanced UAVs," the expert, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told Newsweek. "They are forward deploying or prepositioning these drones in order to stage an attack against a variety of targets they have within range."

The unmanned aerial vehicles, or UAVs, are weapons assessed to have an effective range of 2,000 to 2,200 kilometers, or roughly 1,240 to 1,370 miles, drawing a massive radius across the region in which a potential attack is suspected to be in the works.

"What they're trying to achieve is plausible deniability," the expert said, "as in being able to strike either a U.S., Saudi, Gulf, or Israeli target and then having the strike traced back to Yemen, and hoping for deniably against any kind of retribution."

yemen, war, jawf, drone

An image shared with Newsweek by an expert who follows Iranian activity in the region purports to show a Shahed-136 unmanned aerial vehicle deployed to Yemen's northern Al-Jawf province, an area under the control the Ansar Allah, or Houthi, movement, on December 25, 2020.NEWSWEEK SOURCE
The latest developments come amid an apparent spike in Red Sea activity, where Iran's top general, Major General Mohammad Hossein Bagheri, revealed Wednesday he was to send warships to patrol.

"We are once again in the region of the Red Sea, where the Islamic Republic's merchant vessels have faced some limited aggression in recent times," Bagheri said. "We will deploy our naval patrol and establish full security for our oil and commercial fleet in that sea."

More Israeli propaganda to portray Iran as the big boogeyman

Israeli propaganda and making defensive preparation is not the same thing.

Having long range drones in Yemen aimed at deterring regional adversaries is probably the strategically advantageous to do from the position of Iran's national defense doctrine.

May KSA and Iran both be doomed for what they're doing to Yemenis

They literally show some desert and then stick a drone picture on it, very convincing!

Also we have to name one of our drones as Shahed-136, and then ask Houthis to not hide their drones but put them on open area for display!

May KSA and Iran both be doomed for what they're doing to Yemenis
Saudi Arabia bombs Yemeni civilians and infrastructure (under the order of USA), Iran gives Yemenis self-defense weapon, as god ask us to help the oppressed.

all enemies of god will burn in hell and there is no neutral spot in there!

Last edited:
Iran is just as much responsible for arming the Houthis. Don't act like you give a shit about Yemen you just want to extend your empire.

It's not a crime to have an empire. I wish Pakistan had one, I can't blame Iran because they actually had one.

China has the closest thing to an empire that I will see in my lifetime, and Pakistan will probably be a part of it. Hopefully we are on the right side of it.

It's not a crime to have an empire. I wish Pakistan had one, I can't blame Iran because they actually had one.
Are you the official Pakistani cheerleader of Iran? I see you posting more about Iran than Pakistan.

And no thanks. We don't need to live under sanctions like shithole Iran

Are you the official Pakistani cheerleader of Iran? I see you posting more about Iran than Pakistan.

And no thanks. We don't need to live under sanctions like shithole Iran

Iran is in the news a lot more than Pakistan. If Pakistan was in the news more often then I would post about it more. The same old stories every week in Pakistan get boring after a while, Iran likes to keep it interesting with new stuff every week.

I wish I could talk about Pakistan's cyber, space, or drone programs. Wait.......

Iran is in the news a lot more than Pakistan. If Pakistan was in the news more often then I would post about it more.
Saudia and Turkey are in the news too but I don't see you posting about them. All you do is Iran Iran Iran.

Folks like you are the reason why Shias get a bad rap of being Iranian agents.
, Iran likes to keep it interesting with new stuff every week
What interesting? America and Israel ream them without lube every few months and we hear some Khomeini Mullah give empty threats like a broken record then rinse and repeat.

I think you should apply for immigration to Iran. Your heart is not in Pakistan very clearly.

Saudia and Turkey are in the news too but I don't see you posting about them. All you do is Iran Iran Iran.

Folks like you are the reason why Shias get a bad rap of being Iranian agents.

90% of news on Turkey is either related to S400, Erdogan, or Europe migrant crisis. By the way, I am not joking. Look it up yourself and you will see I am right. I have posted on those same old subjects enough, Iran keeps coming out with new military equipment to stay in the news and that's a good thing. Their R&D is on fire.

Iran is just as much responsible for arming the Houthis. Don't act like you give a shit about Yemen you just want to extend your empire.
Just because you're passive in Yemen, that doesn't give you a higher moral position at all. In fact, your inaction against the genocide in Yemen puts you in the same place as the Saudis, while Iran will remain the hero for defending a defenseless people abandoned by everyone. People responsible for the genocide in Yemen and people who are turning a blind eye to it will be taken responsible for it in the future in the eyes of the Yemeni people.

Back
Top Bottom