What's new

Iran sports thread

That base flag does not mean anything. Iran's three-color flag was chosen by Qajar dynasty. Pahlavis did not change the flag in their reign either, it is this one:
RezaShahFlag.jpg

but Islamists, mullahs, tried to change the flag. Due to the mullah constitution, the flag should have the word Allah Akbar, but Khomeini wanted the coat of arm, which is like sikh religion coat of arm, be placed in the flag, aka this one:
1044px-Emblem_of_Iran.svg.png

So, they finally decided to put this sikh type coat of arm in the middle of flag as Khomeini wanted it, and wrote Allah Akbar in the edges of the flag, so it became this one:
Flag_of_Iran.svg

But, most Iranians do not recognize this mullah invention as their own flag, and prefer the Qajar-Pahlavi flag.
Why was the tricolour chosen, and why green and red? And what does the lion represent?

Islamic republic will last for 1000 years inshallah.

Islamic republic is 1 billion times better than Qajari and Pahlavid dynastys.

Iran is greatest country in Muslim world,not comparable to Shah era ...

All of Muslim countries from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and North African countries have very good relation with west but u see their situation ...

Long Live ISLAMIC REPUBLIC of IRAN For Ever For Ever For Ever ...

Why was the tricolour chosen, and why green and red? And what does the lion represent?

The lion is representing the Royal highness, and sword is supposed to be Hazrat Ali sword.
About choosing the 3 color format, I don't know, but it was pretty common in other countries in that time as well.
red represents blood, and green represents progress, welfare, and such stuff.

The lion is representing the Royal highness, and sword is supposed to be Hazrat Ali sword.
About choosing the 3 color format, I don't know, but it was pretty common in other countries in that time as well.
red represents blood, and green represents progress, welfare, and such stuff.
I see. One more personal question: If you don't want religion on the flag, why are you ok with sword of Hazrat Ali on it?

I see. One more personal question: If you don't want religion on the flag, why are you ok with sword of Hazrat Ali on it?
It is not about religion, it is about the regime fabrications. Switzerland, Finland, ... have cross on their flags, but no one protests it, since through passing years, it has became acceptable for those people. It was the case for pre-revolution flag of Iran as well. In addition, mullah flag is always seen as regime's sign not the country, so, as much as people hate the regime, they hate its flag as well.

RMI explained it perfectly, but I'll add something else to that. Think of the Nazi flag and what it represented. The mullah flag represents the IR regime and nothing else. It's not just b/c of the religious angle, although that's a big part of it.

Seems like Queiroz will finally stay with us
Yeah. I like him. Before the Bosnia game I was a huge fan of him, but his defensive line up against the Bosnians really put me off. Still, he's a fantastic choice. More than anything we need a guy that's lato poot enough to handle Iran and the bull shit that's involved with living/working there. VERY FEW foreigners can handle the bull shit. CQ seems to know the game like the back of his hand.

Iranian high school and university students have excelled in RoboCup 2014, winning first, second and third places in separate events. The competitions were held in Joao Pessoa, Brazil, from July 19 to 25.

In Virtual Rescue League, a team from Amirkabir University of Technology and Qazvin Islamic Azad University team ranked first and second respectively, Morteza Mousakhani, the head of Iranian RoboCup National Committee, said, Qazvin Azad Universityˈs MRL team topped the RoboCup Rescue Simulation League.

ˈIranˈs Baset Pajouh team ranked first and a team from Germany placed second in Teen Size Humanoid Robot League,ˈ he said.

ˈIn Humanoid Robot League, kid size, Baset Pajouh team stood at third place.ˈ

Mousakhani added that YRA team from Yazd Islamic Azad University ranked first in RoboCup Rescue Robot League.

"In RoboCup Soccer Small Size League, a team from Tehran University, Kish International Campus ranked second," he said.

Mousakhani explained that teams from Imam Javad and Kherad high schools ranked first and second respectively in RoboCup Soccer Open Weight League.

Farzanegan High School team placed first in the SuperTeam section of Light Weight Soccer League.

Iranian teams shine in RoboCup 2014

Last edited:
Inflammation of the pancreas
Interesting. Just googled it. Appareantly 4/5 of pancreatitis cases are mild and 1/5 are acute. Out of the acute cases, 25% die.

What a lousy disease to die from. So anticlimactic.

Back
Top Bottom