What's new

Iran sports thread

At least they don't have to play mexicans again. Iranians are not good vs speedy teams they like physical slow tactical tempo in games

.....10 min later oh boy just checked the schedule

Argentina (Messi , Lavezzi , Di Maria , Aguero)
Nigeria (Physical and speedy)
Bosnia (They are ranked pretty high in europe)

This could be a very rough world cup for iran and I mean 6-0 . 3-0 , 4-0 rough
We've beaten Bosnia 4-5 times before (they've never beaten us before). They're better these days though. Iran has traditionally done okay against African teams. Argentina is Argentina.

I want 4 points from the 3 games (win against Bosnia, tie Nigeria and a 3-0 loss against Argentina).

I wanted Iran to progress to the knockout stages but I'm getting doubtful. Argentina definitely going through, no question about that. Iran will beat Nigeria but Bosnia are pretty good

I wanted Iran to progress to the knockout stages but I'm getting doubtful. Argentina definitely going through, no question about that. Iran will beat Nigeria but Bosnia are pretty good
Have you checked our head to head against Bosnia? Everybody keeps saying that Bosnia is this and that. They had the same players when we beat them on their home turf.

I don't think we will go through, but I have my hopes. Neither Nigeria nor Bosnia are that much better than Iran. Most analysts around the world aren't familiar with the Iranian team so they don't rate Iran highly. We'll see.

Have you checked our head to head against Bosnia? Everybody keeps saying that Bosnia is this and that. They had the same players when we beat them on their home turf.

I don't think we will go through, but I have my hopes. Neither Nigeria nor Bosnia are that much better than Iran. Most analysts around the world aren't familiar with the Iranian team so they don't rate Iran highly. We'll see.
That was a friendly. Brazil defeated Spain in a friendly but in a tournament Spain would demolish Brazil.

But we'll see on the 25th

I'm a huge fan of Mansour, but this track isn't his best work (slightly too cheesy). Still a million times better than the tokhmi jomhoori eslami football songs. At least Mansour's track is happy and puts a smile on your face.

wow, NO CREATIVITY WATSO EVER!!!!!!!!

That was a friendly. Brazil defeated Spain in a friendly but in a tournament Spain would demolish Brazil.

But we'll see on the 25th
Spain will never in a million year demolish Brazil in a tournament. Brazil doesn't get demolished in tournaments. Your point is valid about friendlies not being good indications, but your example is way off.

Spain will never in a million year demolish Brazil in a tournament. Brazil doesn't get demolished in tournaments. Your point is valid about friendlies not being good indications, but your example is way off.
You saw yesterdays match? Brazil played poorly, Neymar and Oscar are the only reason they went through. (+bad decisions from referee). And that was against Croatia. Imagine that was against Spain or Germany... Though you're right, demolish wasn't the write word.

Anyway, predictions for Spain vs Netherlands? I think it'll just be 1-0 Spain

You saw yesterdays match? Brazil played poorly, Neymar and Oscar are the only reason they went through. (+bad decisions from referee). And that was against Croatia. Imagine that was against Spain or Germany... Though you're right, demolish wasn't the write word.
I just finished watching it.

Yeah they played ugly football, but it's game 1. Brazil didn't play any qualification games b/c they were hosts. That could explain the slow start. Basically they missed out on 10+ competitive games. Yesterday they still beat a team that played better football than them 3-1. Yeah, individual skill got them there, but that's the differentiating factor when it comes to good teams and avg teams.

In qualifications, Iran played an ugly game against South Korea, home and away, and also an extremely ugly game against Uzbekistan. In the end we won all 3 games.

Even if Brazil loses, they will never get crushed. Any other World Cup and I'd say Brazil's chances of winning their 6th title would be slim, but they're at home and this was only game 1.

Nice, now we have 6 points, same as Brazil. Win the next Brazil game and we're on top of the world's best volleyball team in the table.

Brazil national volleyball team coach Bernardo Rezende said that Iran’s volleyball is better than Brazil at the moment.

Iran lost to Brazil 3-2 last week in Pool A and defeated the team in straight sets 3-0 two days later in Sao Paulo.

Iran will play Brazil in the fourth week of the Intercontinental Round of the FIVB World League on Friday and Sunday, June 13 and 15, at the Azadi Sports Complex in Tehran.

“Volleyball in Iran has improved in the recent years. You will hear more good news about the Iranian volleyball team after the great teams face the team in Iran,” Rezende said in the pre-match news conference.

“I’m surprised by hospitality of Iran. Everything is ok here. We will try to show a good performance against Iran on Friday. But don’t forget Iran will play in front of its fans,” the Brazilian coach added.

“At the moment, Iran is better than Brazil. Japan and Korea were the best Asian teams in the past years but now Iran is the best team in the confederation. Iran will also take advantage of a good coach like (Slobodan) Kovac,” Rezende said.

Tasnim News Agency - Iran Better than Brazil, Bernardo Rezende Says

Football:
billboard-Iran-national-team-Guarulhos-Brazil.jpg

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom