What's new

Iran shows film of captured US drone

looks like the left wing broke off..But the plane remained largely intact..

ok the planes half wing span..That is from tip of the wing in view to the middle is 1252 pixels
when measure in straight line along the wall.
The green beam is 50 pixels wide
assuming that the beam is 25 Cm wide what will be the wing span?
Question for those good in maths.

RQ-170_in_Iran.png

Standard I beam for construction would be more like 8 to 10 cm than 25

You are a real troll. Iranians have themselves had said it from day one that they have go the drone with minimal damage. Are you a moron or what?

Landing with minimal damage. That don't sound right. Kind of contradicts don't it? Don't call me names when I'm right.

I find it hilarious people are still debating the authenticity of these photos and footages.
When Iran first made the claims all the wahabis and Iran-haters were dimissing them, asking for footages and photos. Now not only did they receive the photos, but were also verified by dozens of security experts and US officials and they are still in denial.
The drone is a plastic model?? How stupid can you get?? :laugh:
At any rate, do you really believe Iran manufactured a model of one of the most advanced US drone in less than 48 hours after making the claims??
You can never satisfy some people, haters will always be haters. Props to iran, keep doing what you doing.

Nobody knows anything, but for sure you cannot develop-make a small radio control Model in 48 hours by any means.
But then I am reading else where Iranians have already designed a mockup and were waiting for an incident-accident to happen to display the replica mockup model. The answer is no one will ever know except for the Iranian that claims the kill and capture.

This is radio controlled F-16 designed-developed in 3 weeks, all wood.
DSC_6693-1.jpg

looks like the left wing broke off..But the plane remained largely intact..

Thank you for seeing what I am seeing when somebody else don't see it and starts calling people trolls.

I did the math and the wing span is almost 8 meters, that would be like 26 feet.
Even if the wingspan number is correct, the height can't be 1.8 meters for sure. I guess the numbers must be in feet, converting the numbers into feet and inches agrees with what Iran claims but in the metric system the numbers are totally wrong and irrelevant.

oh well...my head hurts...due to the calculations i been doing..Looks legit..
But the left wing does show signs of damage..Other than that the plane is as per Iranian claims "Largely intact"..
Me off to bed.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Landing with minimal damage. That don't sound right. Kind of contradicts don't it? Don't call me names when I'm right.

You are a troll, that is why I am calling you that. The contradiction is only in American statements. Iranians have been telling the truth from day one and you can check their statements from day one. Lets go over US contradictions here:

US is a big liar. When Iran broke the news, this is how they responded:

Timeline:

1- We have not lost any drone
2- A drone is missing and we are looking for its status
3- Drone was flying in Afghanistan and we lost contact with it last week
4- Drone was not downed by Iranians
5- Drone is in Iran but it is useless since it is in small pieces
6- Drone is in Iran and is intact
7- Drone got lost and its smart autopilot landed it safely in Iran
8- We do not know what happened
9-:bad:

So that fighters coming from above have difficulty seeing them against desert background. Stay to the topic by the way, and it has been answered by me above in my post, so do not litter the forum.

You did not understand it was something to make oldpal understand, USAF didn't have grey scheme always, USAF wild weasels had different paint jobs from grey to green-camo.

oldman1, make sense again isrealis have not bought these F-16s to fly in their own deserts Lebanon-Syria is not desert never mind you will learn in time when you grow up.

longbrain, You may have your opinion even though Iran cannot come up with a mock up in 2 days yet it could be developed earlier waiting for an incident, Iran has to show the belly of this Model in order to provide more proof, to add more no one here can claim with solid proof that it is fake or its real, we could see more images in coming days.

Look like fake model made by Iran, it doesn't look like credible. Background look funny and American flag with skull bones and unprofessional manners.

You did not understand it was something to make oldpal understand, USAF didn't have grey scheme always, USAF wild weasels had different paint jobs from grey to green-camo.

oldman1, make sense again isrealis have not bought these F-16s to fly in their own deserts Lebanon-Syria is not desert never mind you will learn in time when you grow up.

longbrain, You may have your opinion even though Iran cannot come up with a mock up in 2 days yet it could be developed earlier waiting for an incident, Iran has to show the belly of this Model in order to provide more proof.

Actually Iran does not need to show anything. They are not under any obligation and can keep Americans guessing for the rest of their lives. My guess is that the plane has been dis-assembled and it is propped up on a table or scaffolding or something. Every thing inside it are gone and even wings seem to have been hastily put with the body for just making this video. I am sure Iranians are not going to keep this in one piece and by now it is in dozens of pieces in different locations in order to save it from air strikes which are a real possibility. Any kind of damage to which Iranians have referred is very minimal as an extensive damage would not have kept the upper side completely shiny without any distortion and the underside completely wrecked. The UAV is in perfect condition. And this is not a model, if it was by now Americans would be screaming and making fun. Their silence is confirmatory of it being the real thing. Besides a US official has already confirmed it being the real thing.

longbrain, You may have your opinion even though Iran cannot come up with a mock up in 2 days yet it could be developed earlier waiting for an incident, Iran has to show the belly of this Model in order to provide more proof, to add more no one here can claim with solid proof that it is fake or its real, we could see more images in coming days.

Thank you for mentioning the belly area of the plane which is covered up completely.

Also I know about their desert when you are also referring to Egypt as well. But also for Israeli camouflage when the plane are on the ground as well. But I am referring to American aircraft that are pretty much gray or black.

People talk like Iran has always a stock of UAV drone fake models of all kind of classes hidden and prepared in their backyard with detailed mechanics (but of course with all these details they forgot! to paint them gray) just for the rare case the U.S. might some day lose control of some of their drones over Afghanistan which then turns out to be Iran instead and also doesn't release any pictures of the alleged crash explanation, just so Iran can claim they captured the drone.

Yep that sound much more plausible than the mighty untouchable U.S. AF to to lose out once...

Iran Drone: Real or Model? - ABC News

U.S. officials say they are still trying to determine whether the aircraft shown on Iranian television today was the American stealth drone that went down in Iran last week.

Early Thursday, U.S. officials said, and ABC News reported, that the craft displayed did not appear to be the highly sensitive RQ-170 Sentinel and might be a model, in part because U.S. imagery indicated the Sentinel had not landed intact. Later, however, officials said it was possible that the Iranians had reconstructed the drone for display on television, but that the evidence was "inconclusive."

Pentagon spokesperson Capt. John Kirby said Thursday that U.S. officials were examining the footage aired in Iran for clues.

"I wouldn't characterize it just as military personnel looking," Kirby told reporters. "We've seen the imagery. There are folks that are looking at it."

Kirby could not confirm that the drone shown on Iranian TV was the one the U.S. military admitted it lost, but said that generally speaking, "When U.S. technology falls into the wrong hands, it's always a concern."

For nearly an hour, Iran's Press TV played and replayed footage of two uniformed military men examining the pristine-looking cream-colored frame of what was supposedly the RQ-170.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom