What's new

Iran shows film of captured US drone

You are such a moron. It has landed just 200 kilometers from border, which is safe enough distance from Americans. It has not crashed, since an air crash wreck does not look scratchless. It is not glued either. The wings are designed to come off in original design it seems for ease of transportation of the drone. Iranians seem also to have disassembled it too. The color is desert camo color and is in perfect harmony with mission it was carrying on with in Iranian desert.
To 'hijack' something mean to take authority AND control. The two things are different. Authority is decision making. Control is the actual exercise of COMMANDS from said authority. So to 'hijack' something mean both conditions must have been satisfied. We have no credible evidences at this time that Iran successfully 'hijack' the drone.

A Pentagon spokesperson said that military personnel and others were examining the footage broadcast today of what appeared to be an undamaged stealth RQ-170 Sentinel, multiple U.S. officials said that based on inconsistencies with the design of the drone, along with clues from imagery of the actual drone's crash site, they're "leaning towards" believing drone shown was not the Sentinel. U.S. officials previously confirmed that an RQ-170 did, in fact, crash land somewhere in Iran.

U.S. officials, analysts differ on whether drone in Iran TV video is real - CNN.com

A U.S. official said Thursday afternoon that "we now have no reason to believe" that the drone in the video is a fake, or fraudulent."
"We cannot confirm the claims with 100% certainty, since we do not have direct access to it, but it would be very hard for them to fake such a display," the official added.

Lets start with some assumptions..There are steel beams visible in the wall..that looks like standars I beams used in construction..Can somebody tell how wide these beams can be..the green beams i mean?
From that we can deduce the wing span.

RQ-170_in_Iran.png

To 'hijack' something mean to take authority AND control. The two things are different. Authority is decision making. Control is the actual exercise of COMMANDS from said authority. So to 'hijack' something mean both conditions must have been satisfied. We have no credible evidences at this time that Iran successfully 'hijack' the drone.

Do not play semantics with me. You were lying. You are a liar. Go check your previous posts now. Have some shame. http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/144802-us-stealth-uav-rq-170-downed-iran-49.html

If they really hijacked it then they would have made it land to the nearest airstrip. Not crash it into the ground and have to repaint and glue it back on.

According to their own- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Forces Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh
the General said, and added, "After it entered the Eastern parts of the country, this aircraft fell into the trap of our armed forces and was downed in Iran with minimum damage."

Some thing flying if downed- is bound to crash- and some thing flying crashing is bound to burn-

You are such a moron. It has landed just 200 kilometers from border, which is safe enough distance from Americans. It has not crashed, since an air crash wreck does not look scratchless. It is not glued either. The wings are designed to come off in original design it seems for ease of transportation of the drone. Iranians seem also to have disassembled it too. The color is desert camo color and is in perfect harmony with mission it was carrying on with in Iranian desert.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Your picture shows the aircraft from below not from front. Try it from the front, now. As I said you are ignorant about optics.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

oh, gambit, you are back again. Did not read your comment since it is a waste of time. But now you have proven to by lying specially remembering the discussion we had in previous thread. http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/144802-us-stealth-uav-rq-170-downed-iran-49.html

Look at the pic again before you call me a moron. Never seen an American aircraft in operation paint in that color? Oh yes they paint it in that color so it can crash in the Iranian environment. And have the wings glued like that which I know I'm exaggerating but you can see the pic for yourself on that part.

Lets start with some assumptions..There are steel beams visible in the wall..that looks like standars I beams used in construction..Can somebody tell how wide these beams can be..the green beams i mean?
From that we can deduce the wing span.

RQ-170_in_Iran.png

It actually looks like a basketball court to me. Some sports place or something. Look at the floor and markings. Maybe sports fan can help us what place it is. From that we can estimate the size.

From what we have discussed so far ... It appears that you are in complete denial mode ...
Just enlighten me , would a crash landing result in such a intact drone shown in the video ?
and after that ask yourself , did the Americans order the drone to land in Iran if you dont want to believe that it crash landed ? :rofl:
Or somehow the Iranians hacked it and brought it down ... :azn:

Enough of your brain farts- and try to comprehend post no 126-
these verbal rhetoric will lead you no where- come up with some thing substantial- atleast back what you are spurring- or answer with a source when asked- Go to post 108 and answer again-

It's not the wingspan that changes because of the swept wing, but the perceived size due to optics. The guy is standing a lot closer to the camera than the wingtips. If the wingtips are three times as far from the camera as the guy, then they will look one third their actual size relative to the guy in 2D. This is simple projective geometry.
He stands very close to drone so the error is marginal.

lets say that its height is 180 cm then wingspan will be 8.5 m.

Looks like glue or tape on the wing.

I answered you about it in previous post. The mere fact that your are repeating your question means that you are a troll.

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

I am reposting an earlier post of mine in another thread so that some of the questions which are being repeated here are answered:

Looks like skeptics never die. Why is it so hard to accept the truth?

Iranians have been saying the truth from day one. These pictures prove they have developed a new kind of technology in air defense field. A technology making it possible to take over the drones.

Some observations:

1- Drone is painted in light desert color. Most probably because it was being used during the day which explains lighter color against a bright sky line and also that fighters flying above it would have difficulty spotting it against a desert background. This means the drone was being used to make high resolution photos and videos in day light in addition to other sensors on board.

2- The drone is actually stealth, since the shape is almost a copy of B-2 and there are not much metal visible. All composite plastics. The other thing to note is the drones' assembly which seems to be modular maybe for ease of transportation to battle fields a far. Most probably wings come off completely and there would be three main sections when they transport it into and out of Afghanistan aboard a C-130 perhaps. It is clear also that Iranians have disassembled the plane and have just re-assembled it for this video as can be seen from the joints on the wings.

3- Iranians have probably removed all thing inside it before filming it. Engine, electronics, landing gear, everything. It is probably just the hull there. Nothing more and is empty inside. This could have been done to learn more or for security reasons because they wanted to find out if there were explosive charges inside this. The job must have been done by bomb disposal units in addition to aeronautical engineers. That is why they are not showing engine outlet and undercarriage since there is nothing much there and every thing has been removed including sensors. Iran is known to keep anything of value in pieces in different corners of country far away from each other to minimize effect of an air strike.

4- Drone is in exceptional shape except for a few dents which are repairable. If properly fitted and repaired it can probably fly again. This goes to show, it never crashed and probably landed in a proper airport. Implications are clear. Iranians were right when they were saying they had hacked it and had control over it. This was probably the work of a super virus in retaliation for Stuxnet. Welcome to the age of cyber warfare.

5- Iran should not divulge any technical info whatsoever, what they have shown is already too much. Iran should exchange this technology with technology and not with money since Iran already has money. They should exchange the technology in this drone with S-400 technology, anti-ship missiles technology and some high tech radars technology from Russia. Not less. Iran should receive technology so that they can build those things for themselves and not depend on Russia for the supply. It is actually worth more. In any case drone should stay in Iran and any reverse engineering by Russians should happen in Iran along with Iranian engineers.

6- Iran should report this incident to UN for official purposes and protest against violation of its sovereign air space. Regardless of the outcome, Iran will have the moral superiority.

Looks like glue or tape on the wing.

ok the planes half wing span..That is from tip of the wing in view to the middle is 1252 pixels
when measure in straight line along the wall.
The green beam is 50 pixels wide
assuming that the beam is 25 Cm wide what will be the wing span?
Question for those good in maths.

RQ-170_in_Iran.png

ok the planes half wing span..That is from tip of the wing in view to the middle is 1252 pixels
when measure in straight line along the wall.
The green beam is 50 pixels wide
assuming that the beam is 25 Cm wide what will be the wing span?
Question for those good in maths.

RQ-170_in_Iran.png

You can not go like that. Look at the floor, it is some kind of a sports venue. Identify what kind of sports it is and measure it by the floor markings for that sport since it is standard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom