What's new

Iran shows film of captured US drone

So, it is an American flag with skulls. :lol:

damage.jpg

See background, who is people on the wall billboard? These two guys discussed about the drones in the front of camera...:lol:

Again, I admire Iran and respect their country but their response is really childish honestly.

It is surprising these top secret weapon/recce platforms do not have a self destruct mechanism to prevent the enemy from acquiring technology in the event of a crash.

damage.jpg

See background, who is people on the wall billboard? These two guys discussed about the drones in the front of camera...:lol:

Again, I admire Iran and respect their country but their response is really childish honestly.
Sorry, our army answers to Iranians, not their US trainers. For us, professionalism is about getting the job done, not how long your beard is or whether or not the poster on the wall is insulting to some duchebag country. Look at saudi soldiers. They dress and act and walk as if they were American soldiers, but I would rather have a somali pirate watching my back than one of those.

And yeah they discussed it in front of America for the audience. What's wrong with that?
Our response is an Iranian one. We answer to no one and we can stick a million tacky *** posters with 'death to america' texts on them.

Interesting development.

I would have thought that these drones use secure encrypted data links. How could it have been taken over? Maybe it strayed out of range and was pre-programmed to land?

Enough of your brain farts- and try to comprehend post no 126-
these verbal rhetoric will lead you no where- come up with some thing substantial- atleast back what you are spurring- or answer with a source when asked- Go to post 108 and answer again-
and enough of your denial mode !
You do use Iranian sources when it fit your views but discard them when they dont ? :azn: What sort of hypocrisy is that ?
All the time i debated with you , I answered with sources but your mind in denial mode couldn't understand it ...

“After the aircraft's entry into the country's eastern [air]space, it fell in the electronic ambush of the Iranian Armed Forces and was brought to the ground with minimum damage [caused to it],” Mehr News Agency quoted Commander of the Aerospace Division of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), Brigadier General Amir-Ali Hajizadeh as saying on Thursday.

Explains the whole thing ...
Some posts by other people will summarize it for you ...

I find it hilarious people are still debating the authenticity of these photos and footages.

When Iran first made the claims all the wahabis and Iran-haters were dimissing them, asking for footages and photos. Now not only did they receive the photos, but were also verified by dozens of security experts and US officials and yet they are still in denial.

The drone is a plastic model?? Seriously how stupid can you get?? :laugh:

At any rate, do you really believe Iran manufactured a model of one of the most advanced US drones in less than 48 hours after making the claims??

You can never satisfy some people, haters will always be haters. Props to iran, keep doing what you doing.

People talk like Iran has always a stock of UAV drone fake models of all kind of classes hidden and prepared in their backyard with detailed mechanics (but of course with all these details they forgot! to paint them gray) just for the rare case the U.S. might some day lose control of some of their drones over Afghanistan which then turns out to be Iran instead and also doesn't release any pictures of the alleged crash explanation, just so Iran can claim they captured the drone.

Yep that sound much more plausible than the mighty untouchable U.S. AF to to lose out once...

Do not play semantics with me. You were lying. You are a liar. Go check your previous posts now. Have some shame. http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/144802-us-stealth-uav-rq-170-downed-iran-49.html
Semantics? :lol: Am going to school you again, like I have in the past, about these things. Between the captain and the helmsman, who has authority and who has control?

Helmsman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A helmsman is a person who steers a ship, sailboat, submarine, or other type of maritime vessel. On small vessels, particularly privately-owned noncommercial vessels, the functions of skipper and helmsman may be combined in one person. On larger vessels, there is a separate officer of the watch, who is responsible for the safe navigation of the ship and gives orders to the helmsman.
Got that? An authority figure is someone who gives orders and/or instructions. A controller is the person or unit that actually execute those orders/instructions.

In avionics, there are no differences. The inertial navigation system (INS) give instructions to the flight control system (FLCS). The INS does not execute those instructions. The FLCS does. So in order for Iran to actually 'hijack' the drone, BOTH authority and control must come from Iran.

It is YOU who are the dishonest one here. You have provided not a single logical and/or credible technical argument on how Iran was able to shoot down, or hacked, and now hijack the drone. You and most here are not interested in objective learning but only to mock US as far as you can go with this. In this area, we are so far ahead of you that we might as well be in the next century. What else can you do but to mock US?

^^ look at the color-
Iran faked badly-
can you stop your troll and stupid comments pls?
get a life
and some education here:
The Aviationist
and about the color: 500, an israeli person, explained well there are two colors ... so read the other comments too

It is surprising these top secret weapon/recce platforms do not have a self destruct mechanism to prevent the enemy from acquiring technology in the event of a crash.
This popular misconception came from the entertainment industry. If this is true, given how far ahead we are in aviation compared to the rest of the world, may be we should have explosive self destruct devices in our F-16s and F-15s? What you are curious about is far more troublesome than it is worth. If there is a malfunction with this device, there is no second chance for recovery. That does not mean it is technically impossible. It is very possible and given the right conditions, we can quickly install such a device into ONE such drone for a very high risk and politically volatile situation.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Got to love the stories the U.S. and its counterparts churn out sometimes. :lol:
I understand your feelings. I get the same chuckles when long ago I read the Chinese boys' fantastical claims about the J-20 and notions of what is 'stealth'.

1) there are two cammos troll
Pages back somebody showed both colors (I think it was 500)

2) ABC and FOX are giving conflicting stories

3) It could be damage control on the part of the Americans. First they admitted and suddenly back tracking. FOX has said that it's 100 percent real according to its sources. ABC has been quoting "unidentified" sources as saying it might not be real.

4) lmao at the guy saying there is no US airforce logo. This site has so many retards
This should confirm to you what I have been saying all along: That the popular media is the WORST place for credible technical information on these events. Before the Internet, if there is any newsworthy event that science and technology are prominent, the weatherman was the one normally assigned to research the necessary scientific and/or engineering subjects, and the poor man usually do not get the credit after the clueless reporter did his/her job.

...The weatherman...

Today, it is barely better with the larger news organizations who has the budget for either a dedicated science and technology desk or be able to hire standby professional 'consultants' ready to give their opinions, biased or objective, according to the pay scale of the day. But still the weatherman remains the only one with any scientific education and the most easily accessible for a news office to call upon in a pinch.

This popular misconception came from the entertainment industry. If this is true, given how far ahead we are in aviation compared to the rest of the world, may be we should have explosive self destruct devices in our F-16s and F-15s? What you are curious about is far more troublesome than it is worth. If there is a malfunction with this device, there is no second chance for recovery. That does not mean it is technically impossible. It is very possible and given the right conditions, we can quickly install such a device into ONE such drone for a very high risk and politically volatile situation..
the discussion is very interesting.
Ariane (fusée) - Wikipédia
the situation is different for it: for exemple the famous Ariane IV got the program of self destruction working WHEN the self calculation of the tilt (indeed there is a tilt to calculate because of earth rotation) was considered to high !.. a mistake that led to a self destruction of the rocket ... oops

stupid question (sorry) for you: why there is not a system that burns the components or i don't know;.. never studied an auto destruction system?

the discussion is very interesting.
Ariane (fusée) - Wikipédia
the situation is different for it: for exemple the famous Ariane IV got the program of self destruction working WHEN the self calculation of the tilt (indeed there is a tilt to calculate because of earth rotation) was considered to high !.. a mistake that led to a self destruction of the rocket ... oops

stupid question (sorry) for you: why there is not a system that burns the components or i don't know;.. never studied an auto destruction system?
Rockets are in a different case because they are not as easily controlled as a winged aircraft. In a dangerous situation, you can throttle up/down to control speed and move the stick to exploit flight control surfaces to attempt to recover. There are far more recovered aircrafts than recovered out of control rockets, which is zero, if I remember correctly. So when a rocket is going out of control while its motor is still going full blast, self destruct is the ONLY option.

Back
Top Bottom