What's new

Iran science output in future

agreed india is doing much less than it potential in every field. we need to work on it and achieve more than our potential just like iranians are doing.

I agree mate!

Government funding and patronage is pathetic, even they give you hard time if you want to get into DRDO, NPL for internships. :hitwall:

Will be leaving for Western University later this year, future of nanotechnology in India is bleak.

Does it make this report justified if we say Iran will be in TOP10 in 2018? (which is still a very remarkable achievement for Iran to be placed above countries like Russia). Would some Indian trolls stop trolling then?

Yup, just get to the top without bloating.

Chinese??? you mean Chinese dragon many times I told here he is Pakistani just see #23 post it showing his stupidity.

I have been on this forum for several years now, whenever an Indian doesn't like what I'm saying, they try to claim that I am a Pakistani. :lol:

Do you know how many times the moderators have been asked to do an IP check on the Chinese members here? And every single time, they find that this claim is pure BS. You can ask for another IP check and see again.

It is just the Indian loser-mentality. They can't argue based on facts, so instead they make these stupid accusations instead. :rofl:

A brave and honest Indian on the forum a scarce commodity on this forum. Now make it perfect and congratulate China Pakistan Iran and Malaysia

i definitely congratulate iranians and chinese and malaysians on their achievements. i hope iran can do the impossible.
i already said it in the beginning india is doing not doing great. india is ranked 6 in the world on production of articles per year. this is pathetic for a country of 1.2 billion. extremely pathetic and shamefull i would say. but to be honest i know india steadily will keep moving up the rankings and eventually reach no 3 before the end of this decade. but i still think that even this is not enough for the worlds largest population. our govt is planning to invest more but even that more is just not enough.:angry:

I have been on this forum for several years now, whenever an Indian doesn't like what I'm saying, they try to claim that I am a Pakistani. :lol:

Do you know how many times the moderators have been asked to do an IP check on the Chinese members here? And every single time, they find that this claim is pure BS. You can ask for another IP check and see again.

It is just the Indian loser-mentality. They can't argue based on facts, so instead they make these stupid accusations instead. :rofl:

Wat you argue with facts? that in science? wat you posted here is a fully crap as far as I remember.

If have some knowledge abt research means its easy to understand that achieving those numerical is quite impossible.

can not believe it It is incredible a thread is started to congratulate Iran and we all congratulate Iran and are happy about our positions.

But Indians come an get excited that its not about them. Shows some real insecurity I would say

i definitely congratulate iranians and chinese and malaysians on their achievements. i hope iran can do the impossible.
i already said it in the beginning india is doing not doing great. india is ranked 6 in the world on production of articles per year. this is pathetic for a country of 1.2 billion. extremely pathetic and shamefull i would say. but to be honest i know india steadily will keep moving up the rankings and eventually reach no 3 before the end of this decade. but i still think that even this is not enough for the worlds largest population. our govt is planning to invest more but even that more is just not enough.:angry:

why can you niot bring yourself to say well done to Malaysia and Pakistan. Its our neighbourhood and an independent journal??

A modest Indian, I must say that I am quite impressed.

Even the best performance in the world will not impress people if they are constantly boasting about it.

can not believe it It is incredible a thread is started to congratulate Iran and we all congratulate Iran and are happy about our positions.

But Indians come an get excited that its not about them. Shows some real insecurity I would say

I hope the moderators do not shut down this thread due to flaming, like the other thread.

I don't get what you mean by bloating, these numbers have been predicted by independent researchers that are Canadian and Spanish, so what do you mean by bloating?

Past performance is not a indication for future results, don't you agree with that?

Performance of Iran in science and technology might improve drastically if sanctions removed, while on the other hand it might deteriorate significantly if war breaks out. And ranking of a country in terms of paper published is not a right way to judge a country's performance in terms of science. Research impact and significance of the research can't be ruled out, where western countries leads by a huge margin than us, because of their state of the art research laboratories and brains behind the research. Even the college i'm from gets about 800 publications per year, doesn't mean that all are top class.

Hope you get my point.

As in the previous thread, I'm going to make a comment based on the data for the previous decade.

According to this list, the three countries with the greatest "percentage" improvement from 2003 to 2010 are:

- Iran (575%)

- China (330%)

- Pakistan (322%)

:cheers:

I must say even with the sanctions and enormous pressure put on Iran these stats are incredible. Hats off to Iran in this fantastic improvement!

why can you niot bring yourself to say well done to Malaysia and Pakistan. Its our neighbourhood and an independent journal??

well done to pakistan for what? u guyus are not even in the top 20. why is india stepping up relations with iran in a big way?? because we r impressed by them not that much by pakistan.

Past performance is not a indication for future results, don't you agree with that?

Past performance is not NECESSARILY an indication for future results.

However, almost all of the future projections that are made, are based in part on past performance. Usually averaged over a set period of time, like for example the preceding 5-10 year period.

Past performance is not NECESSARILY an indication for future results.

However, almost all of the future projections that are made, are based in part on past performance. Usually averaged over a set period of time, like for example the preceding 5-10 year period.

What about the rest of the part of that post? U agree with that?

Performance of Iran in science and technology might improve drastically if sanctions removed, while on the other hand it might deteriorate significantly if war breaks out. And ranking of a country in terms of paper published is not a right way to judge a country's performance in terms of science. Research impact and significance of the research can't be ruled out, where western countries leads by a huge margin than us, because of their state of the art research laboratories and brains behind the research. Even the college i'm from gets about 800 publications per year, doesn't mean that all are top class.

Hope you get my point.

I do get your point my friend, but if that's the case, then no future prediction is possible. It's impossible to predict the future, so what you're saying is more than obvious, but if the situation remains the same, mathematically they predict that this will happen. Because they predict it it doesn't mean that this will happen, but if everything remains fine or close to the current situation, then with a reasonable error, this prediction will happen. Now if something happens that totally changes the hypotheses used in these predictions, no one expects these predictions to come out true.

I disagree with you. While USA, UK, Germany, France, and many other European countries are way ahead of us in quality of research and production, I disagree that all of them are ahead of us by a huge margin. You could simply compare Iran by a country like Belgium, as someone pointed out, and see that Iran is ahead of Belgium in almost all areas. Mathematics, Medicine, Physics, etc. The problem is that some people are conditioned to reject any progress of Iran as propaganda, like even in this case where the reports have been published by independent researchers. When a scientific progress is claimed by Iran, it's automatically rejected by many pro-West people as state propaganda for local consumption, with this mentality you'll always underestimate Iran while in fact Iran is doing pretty well now. We're sanctioned like hell, almost every high-tech piece is not sent to Iran because they label it 'dual purpose' (see how unfair it is because many things could be considered dual purpose even if they are not), yet we're growing pretty well. We're already ahead of many, I repeat, many European states both in quality and quantity, you could not believe it if you don't want, but then it's your opinion and you could keep it to your own instead of insisting on it with no evidence to back up your opinion.

Also, many of these sanctions have actually helped Iran. Iranians produced STM on their own around 5-10 years ago because no one else sold it to us and we needed them badly for our nanotechnology. If they remove these sanctions surely it'll be better for us, because we can do more cooperation with foreign universities and that would also have an impact on our citation and H-Index, but even if they don't, we won't give up, we'll try harder to compensate.

Back
Top Bottom