What's new

Iran says may send forces into Pak territory

Hot pursuit into Pakistani territory by Iranian forces is a sure way of exponentially increasing tensions in the region. While one can understand Iran's frustration at the fact that every two bit rebel or "warrior" has decided that Pakistan is the place to be in terms of setting up their HQ (largely due to Pakistan's past policies and inability to fight on multiple fronts against all the warriors they let in in the good old days) Iran needs to take a deep breath and think hard before committing itself to such an action. Pakistan's proclivity towards housing and arming terrorists may have led to the scenario today where other unwanted (whom Pakistan doesn't exactly arm) groups see it as an ideal place to operate out of but despite this Pakistan's soldiers aren't exactly pushovers (the exact opposite in fact) nor is their usually pusillanimous civilian leadership likely to be able to avoid picking up the thrown gauntlet so to say. Iran needs to push Pakistan towards sincere cooperation against terrorists and while ultimatums/threats like this might be a tool towards lighting a fire underneath the seats of the babus (who share much in common with the babus on this side of the fence) they are still not viable options if one wants to see peace and stability in the region.

@Oscar Although this makes for another interesting fictional scenario...add it to our list along with the night op in Cholistan and the recce in Gilgit.

Last edited:
There no foreign troops on or around the border between Iran and Pakistan to affect the "security climate" directly or indirectly, so even now the security for that border is up to Iran and Pakistan only.

I disagree.

US-Iran getting closer.....US moving out of Afghanistan.....Any conspiracy theory?

There are sources which suggest that US wants new regional partner, which she sees in Iran, in order to be less dependent on Pakistan, for access to Afghanistan and other reasons.

I disagree.

Disagree you can, of course, but on what basis? The security on the Iran-Pakistan border is up to Iran and Pakistan entirely, unless you have some evidence that contradicts this.

Disagree you can, of course, but on what basis? The security on the Iran-Pakistan border is up to Iran and Pakistan entirely, unless you have some evidence that contradicts this.

I don't want to induldge in that debate with you. Lets just agree to disagree.

I don't want to induldge in that debate with you. Lets just agree to disagree.

Okay. But please note that your opinion has no facts or evidence to support it in this case.

QUOTE: "(Reuters) - Iran said on Monday it would send forces into Pakistan to free kidnapped border guards if Islamabad did not take measures to secure their release, after Iranian media reports said the guards had been seized by militants operating from Pakistan.

"If Pakistan doesn't take the needed steps to fight against the terrorist groups, we will send our forces into Pakistani soil. We will not wait for this country," Iranian Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani-Fazli was quoted as telling the semi-official Mehr news agency."/QUOTE.

Please note the IF. Of course Pakistan will take all needed steps to secure the release of the Iranian guards, rendering the point moot.

I was kind of disappointed by the mildly and apologetic tone of Foreign Office over the issue. They should have sent a much robust message (though not a tit-for-tat retaliatory) for Iran.Groups like Jundullah and now this newbie jaish al adal have a history of operating in Iranian Balochistan and the equally unguarded border from both sides provides them with operational freedom. If Iran had their side guarded, these people would not have been able to infiltrate there in the first place let alone infiltrating and then coming back. On a serious note, many people (Baloches especially) from Pakistani Balochistan have fake Iranian ID Cards and constantly use them to travel across the border.

QUOTE: "(Reuters) - Iran said on Monday it would send forces into Pakistan to free kidnapped border guards if Islamabad did not take measures to secure their release, after Iranian media reports said the guards had been seized by militants operating from Pakistan.

"If Pakistan doesn't take the needed steps to fight against the terrorist groups, we will send our forces into Pakistani soil. We will not wait for this country," Iranian Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani-Fazli was quoted as telling the semi-official Mehr news agency."/QUOTE.
Well to be honest, Iranians are known for chest thumping and propaganda. They used to call US the biggest devil but later retreated for just exemptions worth how much 6 Billion Dollars?

I was kind of disappointed by the mildly and apologetic tone of Foreign Office over the issue. They should have sent a much robust message (though not a tit-for-tat retaliatory) for Iran.Groups like Jundullah and now this newbie jaish al adal have a history of operating in Iranian Balochistan and the equally unguarded border from both sides provides them with operational freedom. If Iran had their side guarded, these people would not have been able to infiltrate there in the first place let alone infiltrating and then coming back. On a serious note, many people (Baloches especially) from Pakistani Balochistan have fake Iranian ID Cards and constantly use them to travel across the border.

Well to be honest, Iranians are known for chest thumping and propaganda. They used to call US the biggest devil but later retreated for just exemptions worth how much 6 Billion Dollars?

Foreign policy, specially with neighbors, is best carried out softly and gently. A belligerent tone helps no one.

The region of Balochistan in Pakistan is a Iranic speaking region and the Baloch are also Iranic people. It only became a part of Pakistan thanks to British occupation. Just saying :whistle:

WTF is Iranic speaking region? What is this new Iranic language?

Iran should go ahead with this plan. The timing is perfect.

Pakistan army has never won any war. And what they are doing in WoT is not hidden from anyone. They failed miserably. Yeah, thats right. They failed. They could not finish the terrorism nor the terrorists. (Sometimes I feel why Pakistan government pays them lol)

Iranians will get an easy walk infront of this kind of "force".

And while Iran is at it, Iran should also steal Pak nukes. The nukes are being transported in some vans there lol

And i don't know why troll posts like this are not deleted from this forum. It would also help to improve the level of discussion on this forum

@Aeronaut @Oscar

WTF is Iranic speaking region? What is this new Iranic language?

And i don't know why troll posts like this are not deleted from this forum. It would also help to improve the level of discussion on this forum

@Aeronaut @Oscar
Biatches don't understand, iranic or not we follow the star and crescent and blood relation won't matter when ever our land our nation is threatened.

Those who say Pakistani army hasn't won any wars, well they don't need to they got us to do it for them.

It's hilarious how our previous slaves and servants can make such comments.

India became a nation thanks to the British occupation.

Batches don't understand iranic or not we follow the star and crescent and blood relation won't matter when ever our land out nation is threatened.

Those who say Pakistani army hasn't any wars, well they don't need to they got us to do it for them.

It's hilarious how our previous slaves and servants can make such comments.

India became a nation thanks to the British occupation.

I don't know what is Iranic speaking region. I know about persian speaking region. I know about balochi speaking region. I know about pushto speaking region. I know about punjabi speaking region. But what is Iranic speaking region that this "genius" @nick_indian has come up with.

Is their any such region that I have missed?

BREAKING NEWS

"Pakistan warns to f*** Iran soon" @Norphisor
You can send em easily but going back will be a pain in the *** for the one who come in.We are not going to clap and see the Iranian jackals crossing border and etc. **** all who cross the border and send them back with their "izzat" looted.:devil::devil:

I don't know what is Iranic speaking region. I know about persian speaking region. I know about balochi speaking region. I know about pushto speaking region. I know about punjabi speaking region. But what is Iranic speaking region that this "genius" @nick_indian has come up with.

Is their any such region that I have missed?

Baloch people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are Iranian people and mainly speak Balochi language which itself is a branch of the Iranian languages, and more specifically of the Northwestern Iranian languages. The Baloch population worldwide is estimated to be in the range of 10 to 15 million.

I never thought that harmless post that was not meant to taken seriously especially with that emoticon I used would give so much heartburn to so many Pakistanis. I am tired of being quoted by Pakistanis on that post.

Please note the IF. Of course Pakistan will take all needed steps to secure the release of the Iranian guards, rendering the point moot.

Exactly, that's pretty clear from the headline itself which uses the term "may" instead of "will".

Back
Top Bottom