What's new

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

You can say anything you like about my religion. I do not care.

Not at all. Am just asking for reasonably credible explanations on how.

Can I say that to you about your response about your religion? :lol:

Firstly I wouldnt want to disrespect your religion Gambit - i dont stoop that low.

Secondly It wouldnt matter if you got "reasonable credible explanation" - you wouldnt believe it anyway judging by your nations track record

Thirdly - talking about "taking it like a man" - perhaps you should check out how your country is passing new laws about your army and beastiality - talk about taking it like a man. Gosh Gambit how low is that?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/u-s-fo...-national-defence-act-2012-a.html#post2385795

:azn: :azn: :azn:

Well hacked or not if it indeed contains AESA radar well we can safely assume that Iranian reverse engineering efforts got a major push(more practical if they work out some deal with China). Moreover they might also be able to learn a thing or 2 about stealth.

only thing you need is to have physical access to machine it could be done easily , if Iranians cant do am sure Russian and Chinese can do it easily if asked for help .

Absolutely. This is no different than that of having THE key to someone's house front door. The airborne real-time two-way command-control (C2) data link is encrypted. How that encryption is done on-the-fly is unknown but we can reasonably assume that each UAV will be unique. See my explanation here => http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...th-uav-rq-170-downed-iran-68.html#post2383091 <= .

Don't you think hacking will be difficult, what do you think about jamming the data linking signals?

Firstly I wouldnt want to disrespect your religion Gambit - i dont stoop that low.

Secondly It wouldnt matter if you got "reasonable credible explanation" - you wouldnt believe it anyway judging by your nations track record

Thirdly - talking about "taking it like a man" - perhaps you should check out how your country is passing new laws about your army and beastiality - talk about taking it like a man. Gosh Gambit how low is that?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/u-s-fo...-national-defence-act-2012-a.html#post2385795

ohhhh **** its on!!!

And what is contained in that 'low'? From what I have read here so far, religion is just another item in that bucket anyone can reach in and use against US. So spare me your self-righteousness just because you chose not to use religion from that bucket.

Track record about what? That we are so ahead of most that we do have a difficult time believing that anyone can surpass US in science and engineering? I will take that as a compliment.

The reason I dismissed that silly thread is because I recognize it for what it is: convenient. In law making, unless you specify what is criminal, as in having a law AGAINST said act, then said act is legal. It may be morally repugnant, but it cannot be punished. Yeah...Since then, US military members have 'gone wild' with animals.

Do you know how fertile your societies really are if I chose to 'stoop that low'? :lol:

And what is contained in that 'low'? From what I have read here so far, religion is just another item in that bucket anyone can reach in and use against US. So spare me your self-righteousness just because you chose not to use religion from that bucket.

Track record about what? That we are so ahead of most that we do have a difficult time believing that anyone can surpass US in science and engineering? I will take that as a compliment.

The reason I dismissed that silly thread is because I recognize it for what it is: convenient. In law making, unless you specify what is criminal, as in having a law AGAINST said act, then said act is legal. It may be morally repugnant, but it cannot be punished. Yeah...Since then, US military members have 'gone wild' with animals.

Do you know how fertile your societies really are if I chose to 'stoop that low'? :lol:

So theres not a law against it and therefore its legal?(confused)

@gambit, in may 2011 some ome hacked LM using RSA keys.
in march 2011 some one hacked RSA.
RSA issued new secur id tokens to its client.

Don't you think hacking will be difficult,...
To use the current accepted definition of the word 'hack', which is to either manipulate the active security protocols into accepting unauthorized access commands, or to bypass said security protocols completely through other avenues, such as the proverbial 'back door' kind of access. Either techniques are difficult to accept as plausible -- AT THIS TIME -- because of the lack of information about those security protocols in the first place. So what we have here so far are nothing more than nationalistic and emotionally motivated speculations, not objective speculations.

what do you think about jamming the data linking signals?
For me personally, from a SIGINT perspective, I find this to be the most plausible explanation. In signals intelligence (SIGINT), the goal is NOT to 'hack' or 'crack' any over-the-air (OTA) transmissions but to simply gather information about as many transmission characteristics as possible -- WHEN THEY OCCUR. The most common of those characteristics are: time of day, duration, freq, and amplitude.

Much can be inferred about an adversary from just those basic signals characteristics IF they are correlated against physical events. For example, if I detect activities in the C band at noon on every other day with one hour duration whose signal strength activated my garage door and then there are reports of high speed aircrafts running over the border 100 klicks away on those days, that would tell me the enemy is doing something 'funky' OTA.

So it is possible and more plausible that Iran committed a 'wide area wide bandwidth everyone-be-damned' kind of transmission when the Iranians detected American UAVs on the Afghan side being nosy into Iran. The drone lost contact due to this high powered interference and wandered into Iranian airspace. This kind of overwhelming EM assault is very much in Iran's technical capability but pay attention to that 'everyone-be-damned' condition, it mean Iranian EM dependent assets are at risk as well. So it falls upon Iranians paying attention to details over time and to exercise competent SIGINT procedures.

So theres not a law against it and therefore its legal?(confused)
What is there to be 'confused' about? To use religion, specifically the Bible, it says...

Romans 5 NIV 1984
...for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.
It is common sense and is fair that you cannot punish someone, in this world or in the next, if you do not specify what is 'criminal' via a 'law' saying so. In that effect, we can go a bit into the absurd and say that if we want to punish left-handers, we cannot simply jail a 'lefty' UNTIL we agreed upon and enact a law that say left-handedness is illegal.

^^
A wahabii crying with jealousy, go cry to your king abdulla and ask him to give you a kiss.
bush-saudi.jpg

all I can suggest to you son is, to pay attention at school.
I have professional degrees and a decade of experience to back what I say.
You probably still need to get through high school looking at your intelligence and lack of any need to learn I am sure it would be an achievement at the very least.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

@gambit, in may 2011 some ome hacked LM using RSA keys.
in march 2011 some one hacked RSA.
RSA issued new secur id tokens to its client.

that is incorrect.
RSA is an algorithm that generates random numbers ; once the algorithm starts you are pretty much at loss
unless you have access to the seed files.

RSA was not hacked, all that happened was some one stole the seed file info and used that to guess what the next number would be on a particular token serial number.

If they were really smart, they would have kept 99% of the information under wrap not bragging about it like a kid after he wins a playground fight.

thts exactly what i wus about to say...

i mean there country is notorious for being loudmouths, ...but camon...how imbecilic can one get

^^ which nation have we attacked after we screwed your country more then 300 years ago ? who is loudmouth here, Iran or USA ?

hhahhaahhah reverse engineering a high tech drone? LOL!!! get out of here!! hahahaahah too funny!

What is there to be 'confused' about? To use religion, specifically the Bible, it says...

Romans 5 NIV 1984

It is common sense and is fair that you cannot punish someone, in this world or in the next, if you do not specify what is 'criminal' via a 'law' saying so. In that effect, we can go a bit into the absurd and say that if we want to punish left-handers, we cannot simply jail a 'lefty' UNTIL we agreed upon and enact a law that say left-handedness is illegal.

was just a question.

Back
Top Bottom