What's new

Iran refused to fuel Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif's plane to make Pak airline pay dues

Inqhilab

Reaction score
Country
India
Iranian authorities refused to fuel the aircraft of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif during his visit to Tehran last month to make the state-run PIA clear its dues amounting to just over $5000.

"The Iranian airport authorities had refused to fuel the Pakistan PM's aircraft at the Tehran airport on May 12 and warned it would not release the plane until the PIA cleared the outstanding payment," a senior Pakistan International Airlines official told PTI.

The outstanding amount was just over $5,000.

"The Iran Air officials responsible for handling the VVIP flight showed their annoyance over the PIA failure in clearing the pending invoice of PK-788 despite the passage of four months," the official said.

The warning alerted the PIA bosses who directed its official in Tehran to clear the amount forthwith and save Pakistan from the embarrassment.

The PIA managed to hide the issue from the foreign office and the prime minister.

PIA spokesman Mashhood Tajwar denied the prime minister's aircraft was held at Tehran airport over payment issue.

"We had already made the outstanding payment of $5,646," he said.

According to details, the PK-788 (London to Karachi flight) had to make an emergency landing at the Tehran Airport on January 18, 2014 when a passenger, Abdul Jabbar Abbasi, reported some serious health problem and died later.

The Iran Air was requested to make all required arrangements plus ambulance with doctor before the landing of the aircraft.

The passenger was taken to Azadi Hospital after the landing.

The amount of over $5000 was to be paid in terms of landing, parking, navigation, weather and fuelling of the aircraft but due to unavailability of cash, the aircraft was cleared on credit by the airport authorities.

The Iran Air paid $5646 for these ground handling services.

Iran refused to fuel Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif's plane to make Pak airline pay dues - Hindustan Times

$5000 :o:. It is probable less than Qom mullah's dry fruit bill.

Hoooooooooooooooo Pakistaniyo......................

itti beijjati

200911051010.jpg

I would rather travel on a donkey cart then travelling on PIA. I travelled once on PIA and was the biggest mistake.Never mind the high fares but all of the air hostess sound like women with too much male testosterone in them. We were served cold, nasty, out of date rice and something else which I couldn't tell if it was chicken or rat meat.

my comments..............
pia.JPG

$5000 . It is probable less than Qom mullah's dry fruit bill.
itti beijjati

haha classic beizzati!
Ok we are BAD....but what about Iranians authorities...
I think oil sufficient country terribly need foreign Cash Reserves....

Last edited:
$5000 :o:. It is probable less than Qom mullah's dry fruit bill.

itti beijjati

200911051010.jpg
Abbay jaa! Hamara PM koi tea bechnay wala hay :sarcastic:He could have easily paid this from his own pocket. Its PIA and its mismanagement they have this kind of fadda in different countries.

Yeah I know bro, Irans reaction is over the top, but not really nice to hold up a countrys PM I mean come on, koi to izzat do yaar.

PIA sucks and we all know it. It has become a national embarrassmen

Plane detention has nothing to do with PIA. Everyone with an iota of common sense would know that. $5000 is the loose change for a nation.

View attachment 33862

That is the point.

Bill is less than their airport's monthly stationary bill. Iran here was asserting it's dominance and telling Pakistan that Iran is alpha and pakistan is lowly beta which should remember it's place.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom