What's new

Iran refused to fuel Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif's plane to make Pak airline pay dues

Plane detention has nothing to do with PIA. Everyone with an iota of common sense would know that. $5000 is the loose change for a nation.

That is the point.

Bill is less than their airport's monthly stationary bill. Iran here was asserting it's dominance and telling Pakistan that Iran is alpha and pakistan is lowly beta which should remember it's place.

On this trip the Pakistani PM requested the Iranians to not levy the monthly fine for the delay in the IP pipeline and they obliged him, so I did not actually get this move.

$5000 :o:. It is probable less than Qom mullah's dry fruit bill.

Hoooooooooooooooo Pakistaniyo......................

itti beijjati

200911051010.jpg
Better than your kind.

Still nothing like strip searching a diplomat and throwing her out of the USA.
Still nothing like 100s of innocent peoples killed by USA drones in Pakistan :-) Howz that sound now? You want me to share some more like this?:enjoy:

Mullahs are in need of cash so much that they can even hostage country PM....

Iran refused to fuel Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif's plane to make Pak airline pay dues dues

Iranian authorities refused to fuel the aircraft of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif during his visit to Tehran last month to make the state-run PIA clear its dues amounting to just over $5000.

"The Iranian airport authorities had refused to fuel the Pakistan PM's aircraft at the Tehran airport on May 12 and warned it would not release the plane until the PIA cleared the outstanding payment," a senior Pakistan International Airlines official told PTI.

The outstanding amount was just over $5,000.

"The Iran Air officials responsible for handling the VVIP flight showed their annoyance over the PIA failure in clearing the pending invoice of PK-788 despite the passage of four months," the official said.

The warning alerted the PIA bosses who directed its official in Tehran to clear the amount forthwith and save Pakistan from the embarrassment.

The PIA managed to hide the issue from the foreign office and the prime minister.

PIA spokesman Mashhood Tajwar denied the prime minister's aircraft was held at Tehran airport over payment issue.

"We had already made the outstanding payment of $5,646," he said.

According to details, the PK-788 (London to Karachi flight) had to make an emergency landing at the Tehran Airport on January 18, 2014 when a passenger, Abdul Jabbar Abbasi, reported some serious health problem and died later.

The Iran Air was requested to make all required arrangements plus ambulance with doctor before the landing of the aircraft.

The passenger was taken to Azadi Hospital after the landing.

The amount of over $5000 was to be paid in terms of landing, parking, navigation, weather and fuelling of the aircraft but due to unavailability of cash, the aircraft was cleared on credit by the airport authorities.

The Iran Air paid $5646 for these ground handling services.

- See more at: Iran refused to fuel Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif's plane to make Pak airline pay dues - Hindustan Times

Is the is habit of PAK in General not to pay other countries their rightful dues and always seed exemption ?

Cmon man, why piss those poor Iranians, they are already under strict sanctions. Give them the money they deserve. They helped one of our citizen by providing him the proper health care. Not paying and making excuses is a cultural thing in our region. We want people to do the job but we dont like to pay them on the spot.

LOL indian media? We need to first conform this........
Whenever I see such a response from a Pakistani I know the event/incident MUST be true! Kargil, Mumbai, Operation Gibralter, Kabul embassy attack, the list goes on and on and .....:-)

Whenever I see such a response from a Pakistani I know the event/incident MUST be true! Kargil, Mumbai, Operation Gibralter, Kabul embassy attack, the list goes on and on and .....:-)
Grow up dude

Do you really think Iran would cause a shameful diplomatic issue for a meagre 5k.

Iran wants to build a closer relationship with PK. We're talking about $ billions at stake, oil, infrastructure etc.

Such an event would have kissed any future cooperation goodbye.

If true then this was a really pathetic. Stopping aircraft of a Prime Minister just to clear $5000 is very low of them. PIA has become a disgrace on the other hand as clearly this issue was caused by mismanagement otherwise Prime Minister who spent $10 million for visit to iran would have thrown that money on their face right on spot. This was clearly an attempt to target our prime minister.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom