What's new

Iran Pushed 4000 - 5000 Pakistanis into Balochistan Despite Request to Wait

The thing is that even if the majority of Iranians you have interacted with refuse to apologize, that is still just an extremely insignificant sample size.

Allow me to use a personal example with Indians. I have several Indian American Hindu friends in the US. Most of them don't support Modi and are in fact favor of a peaceful resolution of the Kashmir dispute and do not oppose a plebiscite in principle. However, almost every Indian I have met on this forum or social media or swarming all over the comments sections of Pakistani and non-Pakistani media sites comes across as a Pakistan hater who rejoices over terrorism in Pakistan and wants Pakistan to be destroyed.

The point here is that most of the online circles we run in tend to draw a jingoistic crowd that doesn't necessarily reflect the sentiments of everyone from the community in question.

These good Samaritan you are talking about, tbh they are irrelevant in grand scheme of things as they never speak up about these issues when within their own country and their own kind nor their views, even if genuine, hold sway over the policies and the path their nations are currently on. I don't get how to keep this group happy will protect our interests and our people. You have to build the pressure on them as a nation, let them feel the heat, that is only the way you can encourage such groups you mention to speak up which perhaps are sidelined and subdued within their own societies.

These good Samaritan you are talking about, tbh they are irrelevant in grand scheme of things as they never speak up about these issues when within their own country and their own kind nor their views, even if genuine, hold sway over the policies and the path their nations are currently on. I don't get how to keep this group happy will protect our interests and our people. You have to build the pressure on them as a nation, let them feel the heat, that is only the way you can encourage such groups you mention to speak up which perhaps are sidelined and subdued within their own societies.
TK,

They may or may not be irrelevant, the point is that no community is monolithic when it comes to views about any particular issue, and therefore generalizations are not helpful, especially derogatory ones.

This forum's policy remains unchanged when it comes to derogatory generalizations about ANY community - such generalizations are not allowed because we consider them counterproductive and harmful.

In terms of the Iranian example in particular, we are trying to highlight (through evidence, facts, rational arguments etc) the mistakes or anti-Pakistan positions/policies the current Iranian regime has taken. This will be an uphill task as is because of decades of investment in pro-Iran PR by the Iranians in conjunction with leveraging religious sentiments in their favor. You start to add in derogatory comments about ALL Iranians or ALL Iranian Mullah's, and we lose the high ground and our arguments look like they're driven by irrational hatred and animosity rather than focused, rational and evidence based.

Now, if there is credible polling by credible, independent organizations that shows that a majority of Iranians have a negative perception of Pakistan or animosity towards Pakistan, then the forum won't have any objections to references to posters using the phrase 'a majority of Iranians are XYZ'. But outside of that, as I mentioned above, the forum policy towards derogatory generalizations of ANY community remains unchanged.

I do, however, really appreciate you engaging with us (forum staff) on something you disagree on in a civil and respectful manner. At the end of the day, all of us Pakistanis want the same thing - a peaceful prosperous Pakistan and a neutralization of threats to Pakistan and her people.

TK,

They may or may not be irrelevant, the point is that no community is monolithic when it comes to views about any particular issue, and therefore generalizations are not helpful, especially derogatory ones.

This forum's policy remains unchanged when it comes to derogatory generalizations about ANY community - such generalizations are not allowed because we consider them counterproductive and harmful.

In terms of the Iranian example in particular, we are trying to highlight (through evidence, facts, rational arguments etc) the mistakes or anti-Pakistan positions/policies the current Iranian regime has taken. This will be an uphill task as is because of decades of investment in pro-Iran PR by the Iranians in conjunction with leveraging religious sentiments in their favor. You start to add in derogatory comments about ALL Iranians or ALL Iranian Mullah's, and we lose the high ground and our arguments look like they're driven by irrational hatred and animosity rather than focused, rational and evidence based.

Now, if there is credible polling by credible, independent organizations that shows that a majority of Iranians have a negative perception of Pakistan or animosity towards Pakistan, then the forum won't have any objections to references to posters using the phrase 'a majority of Iranians are XYZ'. But outside of that, as I mentioned above, the forum policy towards derogatory generalizations of ANY community remains unchanged.

I do, however, really appreciate you engaging with us (forum staff) on something you disagree on in a civil and respectful manner. At the end of the day, all of us Pakistanis want the same thing - a peaceful prosperous Pakistan and a neutralization of threats to Pakistan and her people.

You are confusing the diaspora with the people who inhibit within the borders of the nations concerned. The diaspora, might be genuine in their views or merely for optics for the local consumption and consideration, but again, let me emphasis, that doesn't effect in anyway the policies and path their motherland is taking. Do you hear any resistance within Iran on the path its taking with its relationship with India against Pakistan? Any media debate within? Any column written against the current policies Iranian establishment is pursuing? All I hear is complete silence. We have loathed Afghanistan for its support to terrorism in Pakistan, yet they are under occupation, Iran on the other hand is a free country with working government and institutions, so why should this nation should be immune to the flak? Every time there is a issue with India, these Persians will come up with their own shenanigans. You had Pulwama, following almost immediately with similar incident in Iran, you have Indians barking on us from east followed by Qasim Sulemani threatening Pakistan from west. Now you have Indian loses in Kashmir avenged through Iranian soil, AGAIN.

And if not ALL then which one among them should be reserved for the flak? And which Iranian Mullahs we are taking about which should be immune to criticism and which ones should be targeted? They say the buck stop at the top. Shall we all start to curse the supreme leader Khamenei for the current Iranian policies? The last time I did it on my personal WhatsApp group, one of my very near and dear Shia friend got offended. :)

All this doing is creating confusion among Pakistanis and non existence of pressure from us (due to our confusion) on Iran on act. From KB to latest episode of terrorism on Pak-Iran border, it seems nothing has changed and status quo remain within Iran.

However I do understand where you coming from, but unfortunately, the world we live in today got no place for Mr nice guy approach, recent history is the proof of that.

Back
Top Bottom