What's new

Iran producing 3000-km-range radar systems: Vahidi

Rostam

Reaction score
Iran producing 3000-km-range radar systems: Vahidi

yasaman.hashemi20130219072824207.jpg

Iran’s Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi says the Islamic Republic is producing various long-range radar systems which can cover a distance of up to 3,000 kilometers.

Vahidi said on Tuesday that radars with the capture range of 500-700 kilometers have been produced in Iran, adding building of new such devices with range of 1000-3000 kilometers is underway.

The Iranian defense minister also said that some of these indigenous radars will be used in detecting satellites.

Vahidi further said that Iran will unveil new defense achievements in the fields of radars, vessels, flying boats and submarine in the coming months.

Earlier on Monday, Vahidi said Iran would soon unveil various combat and reconnaissance unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), which will play an instrumental role in promoting the country’s defense power.

He further said that Iran’s Defense Ministry plans to test-fire two air-to-surface missiles in the future.

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in the defense sector and gained self-sufficiency in essential military hardware and defense systems.

The country has repeatedly made clear that its military might is merely based on the state's defense doctrine of deterrence and that it poses no threat to other countries.

PressTV - Iran producing 3000-km-range radar systems: Vahidi

dude, why do post that s-200 radar picture?
press tv is filled with bunch of imbeciles, remove that picture man.

How many times have these retarded journalist caused confusions?

^^
Unlike some who tend to alter facts and information, I am in favour of presenting data exactly as it has been presented in the original source....so the picture stays there...even though it is a miss by the reporter..

^^
Unlike some who tend to alter facts and information, I am in favour of presenting data exactly as it has been presented in the original source....so the picture stays there...even though it is a miss by the reporter..

You're on a defence forum. you're expected to know at least a little about military, speciality about the country you're trying to post news about. you don't even know the radar has nothing to do with the news and yet you are deliberative trying to cause confusion it seems?

read my previous post dude…. No matter if a source is correct or not, it must always be presented as in its original form…that’s why it is called referencing…but I agree with you, it’s confusing for those who don’t know what is what.. believe it or not, but before posting I actually knew that the radar does not illustrate what the article is elaborating upon…anyway anyhow, even though this forum is called Pakistan Defense Forum, if you read the introducing text to the Iranian Forum section, the text says “Discuss Iran's strategic issues, military capability, nuclear program, political relationship…”

The complexity in radars is more in software rather than in the hardware

The complexity in radars is more in software rather than in the hardware
As with most of human creativity, things are usually in a push/pull relationship. In the early days of radar detection, as in Britain's WW II Chain Home system, quality of transmission outpaced quality of data processing. The results were a lot of accidental misdirection to where a German air fleet was coming. But for the last 30 yrs or so, advances in computing, from software to hardware, as in semiconductor, have been pulling the radar hardware engineering. Software engineers have been demanding better antenna/arrays, higher freq, and finer pulse characteristics. The current trend is semiconductor manufacturing methodologies to have embedded processors at the array element level. Really tricky stuff.

Back
Top Bottom