What's new

Iran Produces 96% of Needed Medicine at Home

Even Bangladesh is at least 97% self sufficient in pharmaceuticals production.
Bangladesh Becomes Global Hub of Medicines-- Page:1

Now, 97 percent of local demand for medicines is met by the sector.

http://www.bracepl.com/brokerage/research/1337161382An%20Overview%20of%20the%20Pharmaceutical%20Sector%20in%20Bangladesh%20(May%202012).pdf

Domestic manufacturers account for 97% of the drug sales in the local market while the remaining 3% are imported

And Bangladeshi pharmaceuticals are being exported to at least 84 countries, including Iran. I had higher expectations from Iran.

Pharma export to 26 more countries soon: BAPI

Pharmaceutical industry mulls to export drug items to all 120 destinations from the existing 84 countries soon

(excuse any erratic grammar)

daily sun | Editorial | Our pharmaceuticals growing globally

Presently, Bangladesh is exporting its pharmaceuticals to countries like the UK, Singapore, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Pakistan, Myanmar, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Kenya, Libya, Yemen, Malaysia, Iran, the Philippines, Sudan, South Korea, Bhutan, Honduras, Thailand, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Guatemala and Zimbabwe. Renowned international hospitals and institutions like KK Women & Children Hospital, Raffles Hospital of Singapore, MEDS of Kenya as well as Jinnah Hospital of Pakistan have been using the pharmaceutical products of Bangladesh.

IMOD is still in testing phase ....

Factor 8 is veing produced in many countries
NEw med in Breast Cancer is impressive

But coming back to what i asked, I believe Iran is producing 96 % of the meds needed domestically ...But not something innovative.....but generic version or licensed production.........................Hence this news is nothing but propaganda piece...Many countries do this already......Iran is increasing its medical research output , may be that should have been the thread rather than this

I would say the Iranis are very capable...

I do however notice the Nationalism fever a little too high (Higher than Pakistan) in both Turkey and Iran....Please keep in mind it was this nationalism which broke down the Turk empire as well as other empires!

^Well done to Bangladesh. :yahoo:

We are not competing, as long as we all make progress, I am happy.

And almost nobody thinks that Bangladesh has done well, actually. All I meant was that even Bangladesh performs better than Iran's 96% self sufficiency despite the numerous failures of Bangladesh, and more than 84 countries including Iran import Bangladeshi pharmaceuticals. All I meant was that I had greater expectations from Iran.

Well, any country having the resources and the technology can produce good medicines...

Both israel n iran are our frnds.I get confused with whom i should side with atleast on pdf??:D

Israel is top most country in science&tech n iran is catching fast :)..

It is better to speak out your mind and not to blindly side up.

Well it all depend on parameter, overall publication Iran is ahead, in terms of quality research Iran is way behind.

I'm sorry but i must say. The problem of Iranians is they are only interested with facts when someone started to question their capabilities. But when someone say something about how great the Iranian capabilities are, it suddenly becoming facts for them.
It is probably just another propaganda. So wake up people.

I'm talking in general btw, not particularly for this thread.

Back
Top Bottom