What's new

Iran Presidential Election 2021

raptor22

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
As Vote counting underway it seems Raeesi would be next president ... all 3 other candidates Rezaie, Hashemi & Hemmati have already congratulated Raisi.

E4Jpj5GXoAMC-mf.pngE4K_H0gX0AkjDiD.jpgE4K7oxMWUAAq2rs.jpgE4K7pO1X0AY4TkB.jpgE4KcJfXXMAIa1Bz.jpgE4Kdb7BXEAAiNZd.jpgE4Kdb7BXIAIaxCS.jpgE4KqNPwX0AIZwRp.jpgE4KqNvFWEAMWOvX.jpgE4KqOG7XMAMeuQv.jpgE4KqOgsX0AA2CPN.jpg

He will be in calibre of Dr.Beheshti.

Ahmadinejad is the no body.
I doubt he will be in calibre of Dr. Beheshti. He was something else just recall what imam said after his assassination.

"Beheshti was as a nation for our Nation"
I believe we still feel his loss.
How much was the turnout?
Probably Less than previous election ,but by how much i dont knew.
Around 59 milion cou vote and i think up to now they counted 25 milion vote. For turnout you must wait till they announce the final result. The number dont include vode votes, my guess is that something between 45-50% of elligible people participated . it could be more but for several reasons many didnt participate.

Last edited:
Well IR must look into voter apathy in recent election asap ... the turn out is about 49% and a part of that is due to corona and inhuman sanctions that have brought hardships to the people lives is natural but the main reason is internal that could have been avoided ...

Well IR must look into voter apathy in recent election asap ... the turn out is about 49% and a part of that is due to corona and inhuman sanctions that have brought hardships to the people lives is natural but the main reason is internal that could have been avoided ...

Good call. Turnout was effected by this being a run-away election. Everybody knew who would win on the morning of the election. If there was a much closer election, turnout would have been higher. Both political sides have millions of their voters sit out because of the overwhelming popularity of the winner. Couple that with the coronavirUS, and other factors. you had this close to the 1996 us election of bill clinton turnout. This turnout is normal for some Western elections on normal conditions. So nothing to be sad over.

48.8%.

i really hope Mr raisi can control the people around him.

also: comparison with previous elections for context.
1624110210042.png

Turnout was 48% , and from those that did vote , about 14% put in a blank - void vote. ( that is 4 million people that put in a blank vote )

Compare that to the 2017 elections , where only 1.2 millions put in a blank vote.

The sum up - close to 60% of Iranians either did not vote or put in a blank - void vote.

~

Last edited:
Turnout was 48% , and from those that did vote , about 14% put in a blank - void vote. ( that is 4 million people that put in a blank vote )

Compare that to the 2017 elections , where only 1.2 millions put in a blank vote.

The sum up - close to 60% of Iranians either did not vote or put in a blank - void vote.

~
That's not completely correct. Turnout was actually 55.83%. From that percentage, 13.78% were void votes. When they don't consider the void votes, then the turnout is considered ed 48%.

Not all the void votes were blank for your information. Yes it can be guess that a lot of them could have been, but void votes include unreadable votes (poor handwriting or smudged etc), voting for candidates whom had dropped out (some poll stations had displayed the candidate name and number of jalili, zakani and mehralizadeh as well, so some people who didn't know ended up voting for them). Also some poll station votes had to be completely voided as there were people paying voters outside the station to vote for a certain individual (an example is a poll station in varamin). All these added together makes up the 4,562,210 void votes.

That's not completely correct. Turnout was actually 55.83%. From that percentage, 13.78% were void votes. When they don't consider the void votes, then the turnout is considered ed 48%.

Not all the void votes were blank for your information. Yes it can be guess that a lot of them could have been, but void votes include unreadable votes (poor handwriting or smudged etc), voting for candidates whom had dropped out (some poll stations had displayed the candidate name and number of jalili, zakani and mehralizadeh as well, so some people who didn't know ended up voting for them). Also some poll station votes had to be completely voided as there were people paying voters outside the station to vote for a certain individual (an example is a poll station in varamin). All these added together makes up the 4,562,210 void votes.

No . Turnout was 48% .

52% did not vote . You can add to that the void votes if you want to see how many people did not participate - and you will come close to 60% that either did not vote or put in a blank or void vote .

~

Last edited:
there are 400-500 thousand votes that are not counted in the 48.8%.
i think these are the said void votes.

No . Turnout was 48% .

52% did not vote . You can add to that the void votes if you want to see how many people did not participate - and you will come close to 60% that either did not vote or put in a blank or void vote .

~
48% is the percentage of actual votes, ignoring the voided votes... The actual turnout was 55%.
Giving a link to Wikipedia doesn't mean anything mate, I can go onto Wikipedia and change anything I want tbh.

Back
Top Bottom