What's new

Iran poses a threat to regional stability, academics claim

atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Iran's "expansionist and interventionist" tendencies have become a cause of concern in the region, academics say.

"Iran's increased influence in Iraq, and its support of Syria's Assad, Lebanon's Hezbollah, and Yemen's Houthis as well as its cooperation with Shias in Pakistan and Afghanistan have become quite bothersome for countries in the region, and its peoples," Mehmet Şahin, associate professor and vice chairman of the Ankara-based Institute of Strategic Thinking, told Anadolu Agency Wednesday.

The Gulf countries see Iran as a state which risks regional security for its own, Sahin said, adding that last month's nuclear deal signed between the country and world powers constituted another cause of major concern in the region.

"Saudi Arabia, in particular, is concerned about this deal as it thinks it will empower Iran, causing it to interfere even more in the affairs of regional countries," Şahin added.

Saudi Arabia had called for the restoration of UN sanctions against Iran in case it broke the terms of the deal signed on July 14 in Vienna between Iran, the EU and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council including China, France, Russia, U.K., U.S. plus Germany.

Professor Tayyar Arı, head of Uludağ University's International Relations Department, said that Iran's alleged support for Shia elements had played a role in not only in Iraq's current situation, but it was also a factor in destabilization of the region.

"Instead of preventing this, Iran pursues a policy which is rather augmentative. There is also a widespread notion that it will become an even bigger threat considering its nuclear capacity," Ari said.

Pointing out Iran's "well-established expansionist policy which takes advantage of regional political instability," Arı said that Iran's military and security structure were "totally focused on this."

"By tradition, it is inclined to expand its area of influence through taking advantage of and instigating the sectarian and ethnical structures in other countries. All things considered, we can predict that Iran will continue to pursue its current policy, which still remains a big threat against regional stability," he added.
Iran poses a threat to regional stability, academics claim - Daily Sabah

If an eastern iran can destabilize a western turkey , then the west is indeed pathetic

This cancer called Iran which is ruled by a bunch of idiot mullahs needs to be crushed for the sake of world peace
They will get what is coming for them. The world gave Iran a fair chance to be a normal country. It looks like they are abusing this chance to start a war.

Says the guys who quotes PressTV and RT :omghaha:

Of course Iran destabilizes the Middle East, it's within their best interest. Iran wants to restart a Safavid empire. Which will never happen.
"safavid" ahahaha nobody is even thinking about safavids LOL except your master saudis

keep on supporting IF IS AQ and retard salafis
i guess it is what you call normal people LOL

"safavid" ahahaha nobody is even thinking about safavids LOL except your master saudis

keep on supporting IF IS AQ and retard salafis
i guess it is what you call normal people LOL
I support IF, but I don't support IS or AQ.
Safavid (Safawi in Arabic) Empire is exactly what Iran wants. Iran wants to crush Arabs because Arabs crushed Persia.

Says the guys who quotes PressTV and RT :omghaha:

Show me the last time I quoted Press tv or RT

Of course Iran destabilizes the Middle East, it's within their best interest. Iran wants to restart a Safavid empire. Which will never happen.

Meh, it has became an old story, come up with a new one.

a few are whipping and it is traditional . what is important is that religion is not making people monsters.
we have enough in the region.

IF is a fanatic group. not better than some shia militias .
for me the worst after AQ and IS (far worst than others) are IF and the shia militias .

Turkey was active to support terrorism in the region, from Egypt to Syria.
one day they will pay it , not from Iran but from the world who is tired to see how they spend their time to kill kurds but not IS monsters.

a few are whipping and it is traditional . what is important is that religion is not making people monsters.
we have enough in the region.

IF is a fanatic group. not better than some shia militias .
for me the worst after AQ and IS (far worst than others) are IF and the shia militias .

Turkey was active to support terrorism in the region, from Egypt to Syria.
one day they will pay it , not from Iran but from the world who is tired to see how they spend their time to kill kurds but not IS monsters.
Islamic Front has in no way, shape, or form harmed any civilians intentionally. Look at Bahsa and Ishtabraq villages in the Ghab plain for example. Alawite villages yet no civilians were massacred. Even from the massive shelling by IF against Fua'a and Kefarya less than 10 civilians died.

Meanwhile, Iran flattened Qusayr, and is in the process of flattening Zabadani, and they have killed hundreds if not thousands of civilians there and elsewhere.

Last edited:
I'm too lazy to go read through all of the dumbassery and lose 20 IQ just for that. Sorry :)
The killing of Hussein was an old story but you're still whipping yourself over it aren't you LOL

No, you just told a lie and couldn't prove it.

Unfortunately, you are just 16 years old and you act like one. I don't have time for this nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom