What's new

Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline to be completed by 2017

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Wednesday said the construction of Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline was currently in progress and would be completed by the end of 2016 or early 2017, but the first shipment of liquefied natural gas (LNG) expected by March 31 this year would be provided to the transport sector.

Speaking at a news conference on Wednesday, Petroleum Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi said the negotiations with Iran were in progress to amend the bilateral agreement to cater for the change in gas delivery date from Dec 31, 2014 to 2016-17.

Responding to a question on penalties for delayed project implementation, the minister said penalties have not been imposed as yet by Iran and talks were still going on to amend the agreement to incorporate new schedule.

Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline to be completed by 2017 - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Hmm 2017 will be the year in which many Projects will be completed (Insha ALLLAH)... Hope for the Best :pakistan:

if the govt indeed doesn't want to complete the Pipe line deal,than why are they fooling the Pakistan Public and most importantly iran govt?

they should annouce that we don't have the capacity to do so or explain the real reason

they should annouce that we don't have the capacity to do so or explain the real reason
the reason is that they are afraid of is political repercussions. I think the problems have been solved and a go ahead has been given. I am not saying this is a fact but this is my opinion

The current Pakistani government does not care about Pakistanis but are more concerned about Saudi and American reactions. The current government is asking for delay so that the Iranian Nuclear negotiations will be finished and Iranian sanctions will be lifted. India and China buys Iranian oil without any sanctions while our slave government headed by stupid gunja wants wait until Washington and Riyadh's approval to proceed.

the reason is that they are afraid of is political repercussions. I think the problems have been solved and a go ahead has been given. I am not saying this is a fact but this is my opinion
I think Obama visit is seems a blow in the head of our administration and bringing back their memory just like in our earlier movies. So now they are nervous and trying to get what they can at their own.

WTH,Iran is saying Pakistan has to complete its part we are done. WTH,why is our govt so incompetent.

After Obama's visit to India they should now go full speed on it. It would be great if they can somehow involve Russia and China

Back
Top Bottom