What's new

Iran: Most developed country in Muslim world thanks to Western sanctions

I don't necessarily agree with thread title, but sanctions certainly helped us to achieve some things that if those sanctions had not existed, we would sit on our lazy asses and and don't do anything about them. They had both positive and negative aspects.

So you are saying that it is fear that is driving force to become the best. Then in context Pakistan in time will become the most powerful country in Islamic region. As of now Pakistan is true and perfect example of survival.

1. This country have fought 3 full blow wars and also Kargil war.
2. Faced sanctions on multiple occasions.
3. Lost the eastern wing in 1971
4. Destroyed the Soviet union for what it did to Pakistan in 1971
5. Front line force in WOT
6. Lost 80 Billion $
7. Lost 70000+ lives
8. Ruled by most corrupt and heinous kind of politicians and families in history

And still survived. Now that is survival and a perfect ingredient to become a power house.

BTW Iran had OIL and Pakistan didn't.[/QUOT

sharif family more corrupt then Gandhi's?o_O

I don't necessarily agree with thread title, but sanctions certainly helped us to achieve some things that if those sanctions had not existed, we would sit on our lazy asses and and don't do anything about them. They had both positive and negative aspects.

This has been said many times. Iran did extremely and unexpectedly well despite the sanctions but at the end of the day the sanctions did far more damage compared to the positive things Iran gained. But i dont see despite all this Iran can be considered the "the most developed country in the Muslim world". I think we all can agree thats a silly title, and that actually sadly no muslim majority country can be considered "developed" by any means.

Iran Most Developed Country in Muslim world ?
If someone unbiased prepare a list it should be like that
1- Turkey
2- Pakistan
3- Egypt / U.A.E / Jordan
4- Iran / Syria (before War)

Pakistan doesn't belong in the list....

Economically we are pretty pathetic to say the least with a significant portion of our population living in poverty and with poor governance this situation is likely to continue.

On topic : Sure Iran is the most developed if you stop considering G.C.C , Turkey , Malaysia and even Indonesia as Muslim countries.

Reminds me of when Iran plays second and third tier Asian teams in soccer/football and how these second and third tier teams bark and bark, no matter how many times they get their asses handed to them.

In this case Iranians on this site are doing the barking. Iran isn't the "most developed" among anyone, unless you're comparing Iran to the likes of Afghanistan and Kazakhstan. Turkey, UAE, Oman etc... are all 1000 times more developed with much more advanced economies.

Just because Iran and N. Korea can launch a 100 pound puny radio into LEO, it doesn't mean we can OVERLOOK what's right in front of our eyes, and that is Turkey's brilliant export based economy or UAE's profitable banking and shipping sectors or either country's extremely profitable tourism industry. In every sector, they are ahead. Sending bottle rockets to the low earth orbit is an act reserved for the likes of North Korea and Iran.

Kazakhstan has a GDP per capita of almost 14,000 USD

Economically we are pretty pathetic to say the least with a significant portion of our population living in poverty and with poor governance this situation is likely to continue.

On topic : Sure Iran is the most developed if you stop considering G.C.C , Turkey , Malaysia and even Indonesia as Muslim countries.

respect u r opinion but i will mine.

Iran Most Developed Country in Muslim world ?
If someone unbiased prepare a list it should be like that
1- Turkey
2- Pakistan
3- Egypt / U.A.E / Jordan
4- Iran / Syria (before War)

Can you please provide us with some facts/figures and economic indicators as to how Pakistan is ahead of Egypt, UAE, and Jordan?

Thanks.

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Qatar-31
Saudi Arabia-34
United Arab Emirates.40
Bahrain-44
Kuwait-46
Oman-56
Malaysia-62
Turkey-69
Kazakhstan-70
Iran-75

https://www.globalinnovationindex.org/userfiles/file/reportpdf/GII-2015-v5.pdf

Saudi Arabia-43
United Arab Emirates-47
Qatar-50
Turkey-58
Bahrain-59
Oman-69
Jordan-75
Tunisia-76
Kuwait-77
Morocco-78
Kazakhstan-82
Senegal-84
Azerbaijan-93
Indonesia-97
Egypt-100
Mali-105
Iran-106

Global Competitiveness Report 2015-2016 - Reports - World Economic Forum

Qatar-14
United Arab Emirates-17
Saudi Arabia-25
Kuwait-34
Indonesia-37
Bahrain-39
Azerbaijan-40
Kazakhstan-42
Turkey-51
Oman-62
Jordan-64
Morocco-72
Iran-74

Country Rankings (2013) | The Atlas of Economic Complexity

Turkey-42
Tunisia-49
Jordan-50
United Arab Emirates-57
Saudi Arabia-58
Indonesia-64
Egypt-66
Kuwait-75
Oman-76
Qatar-81
Morocco-82
Senegal-88
Kazakhstan-89
Uzbekistan-90
Pakistan-92
Iran-98
Good post. Unfortunately facts means nothing to OP. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

This has been said many times. Iran did extremely and unexpectedly well despite the sanctions but at the end of the day the sanctions did far more damage compared to the positive things Iran gained. But i dont see despite all this Iran can be considered the "the most developed country in the Muslim world". I think we all can agree thats a silly title, and that actually sadly no muslim majority country can be considered "developed" by any means.

I agree with that. Sanctions did have many negative impacts, but if they didn't exist, as I know from our culture, we would be a country like Saudi Arabia now, despite being rich, they can't produce anything on their own, not only militarily, but in hundreds of other industries.

Necessity is the mother of creation.

Can you please provide us with some facts/figures and economic indicators as to how Pakistan is ahead of Egypt, UAE, and Jordan?

Thanks.
do it u r self me not in mod enjoying my drink and change u r flags

Its all about defence and equipments and training and war history me not giving reasons to morons false falgers

I agree with that. Sanctions did have many negative impacts, but if they didn't exist, as I know from our culture, we would be a country like Saudi Arabia now, despite being rich, they can't produce anything on their own, not only militarily, but in hundreds of other industries.

Necessity is the mother of creation.

True. Honestly its also the reason why i despise S.Arabia far more then Iran. Dont get me wrong the people might be nice but the govermental institutes and policies are beyond retarded.

Back
Top Bottom