What's new

Iran Mass-Producing Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles

i understand what you are saying, but you have to consider cost effectiveness. let's just say that the ballistic missile is 60% effective and your ABM system is 90% effective. meaning the ballistic missile has a 6% chance to hit. which means it'll cost you 16-17 missiles to take out a ship.

now let us consider how much a ship cost compared to a missile...

you get the point right?
Are you sure they will have a chance to fire 16-17 missiles?

10_8911181144_L600.jpg

The missile image isn't blurred to the extent that high speed vehicle images are!!I have a notion tht this missile speed can't harm any modern warship yes a danger to regular transport carriers

no. but are you sure they will not?
I am sure that US will take out all radars and everything what looks like a launcher.

The missile image isn't blurred to the extent that high speed vehicle images are!!I have a notion tht this missile speed can't harm any modern warship yes a danger to regular transport carriers
Or maybe missile is not that fast...

^ i'M SURE that the US will loose a lot of ships and men before knocking-out Irans Missles silos and radars.

This is not good news for us. they are also probably making long range cruise missile too..i am sure the us will come up with something to counter these missile once they are fired at us in large numbers.

This is not good news for us. they are also probably making long range cruise missile too..i am sure the us will come up with something to counter these missile once they are fired at us in large numbers.

I think waiting until they're fired is a bit late.

I think waiting until they're fired is a bit late.

true but i believe if they are fired in large numbers at a ship or a carrier there is high chance one will hit i simply will not say confidently that we can take them all out before they hit.

what more worrying is the fact iran usually makes a missile then some time later they make a more advance version as we seen with the sejil 2 and fateh 110, so its not this one that hugely threatening but the one that will come after.

true but i believe if they are fired in large numbers at a ship or a carrier there is high chance once will hit i simply will not say confidently that we can take them all out before they hit.

NATO dropped more bombs on Yugoslavia than in all of WW2. The end result? Less than 700 soldiers out of something like 300,000 died. Why? Yugoslavia is all mountain and forest. Take a look at Iraq. They are all desert, and was destroyed within months, with 1991 technology, 8 years before Yugoslavia. Iran won't be that easy to crack.

It's not easy maneuvering in the Persian Gulf, and F-18s are short legged.

Back
Top Bottom