What's new

Iran Imports AK-103 Rifles from Russia [??]

Fafnir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
http://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...lusive-iran-imports-ak-103-rifles-from-russia
Does anyone know what on earth the story/reasoning is behind this crazy decision?,after all wasnt iran working on at last 2 or even 3 different designs of assault rifle the latest of which was only showcased less than a year ago,what ever happened to those?,also I thought it was only the irgc that used the ak not the regular military,none of this makes any sense at all.Perhaps this is more of rouhani and co`s neo liberalist economic policies ie why spend money developing your own indigenous rifles when you can buy them from someone else,pretty damn funny resistance economy.I for one really hope this story turns out to be bullsh!t.
13930706192022994-PhotoL.jpg

n2950839-4562421.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...lusive-iran-imports-ak-103-rifles-from-russia
Does anyone know what on earth the story/reasoning is behind this crazy decision?,after all wasnt iran working on at last 2 or even 3 different designs of assault rifle the latest of which was only showcased less than a year ago,what ever happened to those?,also I thought it was only the irgc that used the ak not the regular military,none of this makes any sense at all.Perhaps this is more of rouhani and co`s neo liberalist economic policies ie why send money developing your own indigenous rifles when you can buy them from someone else,pretty damn funny resistance economy.I for one really hope this story turns out to be bullsh!t.
13930706192022994-PhotoL.jpg

n2950839-4562421.jpg

I was angry at first as well but then I read around and I think Iran has had AK-103 for a long time, several years in fact. They probably bought them before the designing of the Fateh/Fajr rifles started.

Look you can see they are holding AK-103

0a7e68e3cf243e3de6c12d010d04b295.jpg

B53r80_IQAEzjwk.jpg

Don't worry bro... I'm fairly sure they will keep going with the domestic projects.

I was angry at first as well but then I read around and I think Iran has had AK-103 for a long time, several years in fact. They probably bought them before the designing of the Fateh/Fajr rifles started.

Look you can see they are holding AK-103

0a7e68e3cf243e3de6c12d010d04b295.jpg

B53r80_IQAEzjwk.jpg

Don't worry bro... I'm fairly sure they will keep going with the domestic projects.

Sorry but I`m afraid those are just regular ak`s you can tell by the wooden furniture and by the lack of the cylindrical compensator at the end of the barrel.This is what really pisses me off about iran,there are big unveilings of prototypes with much fanfare and then....nothing,nothing more is heard and the whole thing is quietly forgotten about just exactly like with this situation,its really very disappointing,sometimes I think the dprks approach is far better where you release hardly any information about these systems just tiny little amounts of info,just enough to keep the enemy guessing about its true capabilities.

Sorry but I`m afraid those are just regular ak`s you can tell by the wooden furniture and by the lack of the cylindrical compensator at the end of the barrel.This is what really pisses me off about iran,there are big unveilings of prototypes with much fanfare and then....nothing,nothing more is heard and the whole thing is quietly forgotten about just exactly like with this situation,its really very disappointing,sometimes I think the dprks approach is far better where you release hardly any information about these systems just tiny little amounts of info,just enough to keep the enemy guessing about its true capabilities.
Not sure if those are AK-103's but there are sources saying that Iran has had AK-103's for a while.
This is a snippet from a text from 2005, "Commandos from Takavaran are proficient with US, Russian, and Israeli weapons, but are outfitted with German-built firearms. Assault rifles such as the HK G3 (regular and short barreled), HK-91, and HK-53 have been used. In some instances AK-47's, AK-74's, and AK-103 assault rifles have been used." And those look like Takavaran naval commandos. Saw another text saying the same thing in 2012 and etc.

And there are a few wood furniture 103's.
http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/ak103_wood.jpg
http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/ak103_skeleton.jpeg

But yeah, Iran has bought some from Russia now as well, found this article on presstv.ir but it's in french so I'll translate it. Not sure why they would do this when they develop their own designs of assault rifles. Maybe they got a bargain :P

http://presstv.ir/Detail/2016/08/06/478720/Militaires-iraniens-quips-des-AK103
Iranian military equipped with AK-103
Sat Aug 6, 2016 7:37
fc28fd4b-e0eb-4ecb-a720-b6b951536ec6.jpg

Russian Kalashnikov AK-103.

Kalashnikov AK-103 that Iran bought from Russia have arrived in Iran to the Iranian Armed Forces which will use them.

Some of these weapons have already been awarded to units of the Armed Forces.

AK-103 is among the best of the Kalashnikov family and it is the caliber 7.62 × 39mm. It weighs three kilos 400 grams.

The Russians, Indians, Venezuelans, Libyans and Namibians are the only official holders of that weapon. Effective AK-103 is used in Russia by special operations forces and special police officers.

The AK-103 can be equipped with night vision and telescopic sights.

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13950516000400
also reported by Fars news agency. I have a Russian friend over facebook that confirmed the shipment.
he also claimed that Iran had previous shipments but donated them to Palestinian militants (i have no evidence to the claim however)
Yeah, i remember that some Palestinian militants had gotten their hands on some AK-103's as well as some F2000 Assault Rifles, but reports said they got them from Libya http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34810155

http://parstoday.com/en/news/iran-i...ster_confirms_purchase_of_ak_103_machine_guns
The defence minister confirmed it,supposedly because of the priority given to aerospace and other big projects there has been a reduction in the local production of light weapons,which ignores at least two assault rifle programs that we know of.This is what is baffling me about the decision makers in iran,they turn down the opportunity to license produce the t90ms which is something iran badly needs in favor of something home grown but then turn around and purchase assault rifles which is something they have been developing and should be able to easily produce themselves wtf?!.

Face it, assault rifles, dont make any significant difference on modern battlefield. Its all about ergonomy, or other fancy features

What really matters are sniper rifles and the training of the sharp shooters. Its not difficult to teach regular trainee to shoot sufficiently accurate with regular rifle. Sniper training does make a difference

According to the Defence Minister, it seems that the rifle's gonna be produced inside Iran. It's perfectly possible since we produce AK rifles in a huge quantity on our own!
These are some examples!
noqlviflcrfnjska6sxl.jpg

huhgzrxs266h8bvkcgfz.jpg

afiwpftmznvbddk0948u.jpg

a7t5wka8jh380lc19q78.jpg

But there's a bitter problem with these rifles, which is the lack of quality! Although these weapons work appropriately, but still they're far from being perfect. After all, these copies / optimizations would never come close to the original Russian made stuff, until we buy the technology itself or at least for god's sake, buy the production license! Importing the rifle without any technology transfer really seems a stupid movement any way.

That's like throwing both middle fingers up to " ما می توانیم " . Or like keeping your head high and your middle finger higher . Not even licensed production ?:confused:

That's like throwing both middle fingers up to " ما می توانیم " . Or like keeping your head high and your middle finger higher . Not even licensed production ?:confused:
let's say it this way, they feel an urgent need for a huge number of modern rifles, Rohani totally removed the war threats!

let's say it this way, they feel an urgent need for a huge number of modern rifles, Rohani totally removed the war threats!
"We only import things that we can't manufacture by ourselves " I heard this so many times from defense guys .And now importing AK ??

"We only import things that we can't manufacture by ourselves " I heard this so many times from defense guys .And now importing AK ??

Let's look at this as part of 5 billion dollars that Russians wants to borrow us ....

Let's look at this as part of 5 billion dollars that Russians wants to borrow us ....

Then wouldnt it make more sense to spend it on big ticket items that iran badly needs like tanks,ifv,spgs,fighters and passenger jets rather than penny anty stuff that iran should be easily capable of producing itself?

Back
Top Bottom