What's new

Iran guns down three Pakistani fishermen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Iranians are very sensitive about their sovereignty, even more than Pakistan is. They shot down a CIA drone and then this happened. Also some Iranians believe that Pakistan is a pet of U.S., do you blame them for all that Pakistan has done for U.S. in these past 64 years.

We need to educate our Pakistani fishermen where our boundary ends and not to go beyond the boundary.

RIP Pakistani fishermen.

we should take up this issue over the cold-blooded murder of our nationals, by a few trigger happy security forces of the friendly neighbour country

incidents like these are most unhelpful

the Iranians know what the right action is to take

our fishermen should also be briefed about not deviating off-course into foreign territory

we should take up this issue over the cold-blooded murder of our nationals, by a few trigger happy security forces of the friendly neighbour country

incidents like these are most unhelpful

the Iranians know what the right action is to take

our fishermen should also be briefed about not deviating off-course into foreign territory
good to see a sane,healthy, peaceful pakistani

cheers

we have no ill-will towards Iran; i think most Pakistanis have respect for the neighbour (Muslim) country.... though such incidents have taken place and it does irritate our fairly friendly relations

flame editted

Fishermen deviate all the time but that does not mean they are killed! Shooting unarmed fisher men is a cowardly act and aggression towards a friendly country! Next time we should use non-state actors to blow some Iranian diplomats in Pakistan or Afghanistan!

and then who gains from that?

from the sidelines, the west will be laughing at us the way they laughed when Iraqi and Iranians were fighting eachother (while arming both sides)

Iranian diplomats were being targetted by anti-shiia groups in 1990s in Karachi, and it damaged the image of Pakistan in Iran. Why would we want that?

so we're racist because we keep our borders secure? wahabi weirdo

As I said, Iran should apoligize and pay compensation. However WE SHOULD NOT change our behaviour. We have threats on every border, from Americans and Taliban, to PKK and... This is not the first time that it's happening. It happens on the Turkish border as well. All sides have to make sure that the borders are clear so this doesn't happen.

i sympathize with the Iranian situation; especially nowdays they must be on red alert 24/7

but there's a difference between some militant jihady versus some skinny fishermen dudes who hold sticks and nets

RoEs should be reviewed. The border should be jointly patrolled, in a mature fashion. Trigger-happy behaviour breeds anger and discontent.

as for talebs -- well Iran wont have to worry about talebs attacking them. Some say Iran is indirectly helping factions of Afghan taleban. In all honesty, i cant blame Iran. The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

the irani forces have gone crazy man, why shoot the innocent fishermen??

I think Iranians are very sensitive about their sovereignty, even more than Pakistan is. They shot down a CIA drone and then this happened. Also some Iranians believe that Pakistan is a pet of U.S., do you blame them for all that Pakistan has done for U.S. in these past 64 years.

We need to educate our Pakistani fishermen where our boundary ends and not to go beyond the boundary.

RIP Pakistani fishermen.

bhai sahab the problem is there is not a clear visible boundary on waters, the gawader/pasni are very close to iran so a wrong tide can send them to the iranian waters even if they are provided the state of the art technologies, mistakes will happen, this doesnt mean gun down innocent men!!

i sympathize with the Iranian situation; especially nowdays they must be on red alert 24/7

but there's a difference between some militant jihady versus some skinny fishermen dudes who hold sticks and nets

RoEs should be reviewed. The border should be jointly patrolled, in a mature fashion. Trigger-happy behaviour breeds anger and discontent.

as for talebs -- well Iran wont have to worry about talebs attacking them. Some say Iran is indirectly helping factions of Afghan taleban. In all honesty, i cant blame Iran. The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

I saw a documentary where smugglers were smuggling stuff inside of the bellies of animals. I think in the movie Blood Diamond they also showed diamonds being smuggled in the stomach of sheeps. The point is, in a lot of cases the smugglers can look like a skinny fisherman, but have better weapons then our border guards (a poor border guard is armed with what? An AK?). If they see them crossing the border they will shoot when they have the element of surprise. We lose thousands of border guards each year and these guys rather make a mistake than die.

bhai sahab the problem is there is not a clear visible boundary on waters, the gawader/pasni are very close to iran so a wrong tide can send them to the iranian waters even if they are provided the state of the art technologies, mistakes will happen, this doesnt mean gun down innocent men!!

the Iranians are paranoid about Jundollah and the scores of other enemies of theirs. I cant blame them for being paranoid.

when you are paranoid, you become more erratic. When erratic, you act first without thinking. Knee-jerk things.

your post is on point; I agree that they shouldnt just fire first (unless fired upon). They have a right to detain those fishermen and deport them (or have Pak embassy arrange for their departure)

that's the proper procedure for these things.

flame edited

Fishermen deviate all the time but that does not mean they are killed! Shooting unarmed fisher men is a cowardly act and aggression towards a friendly country! Next time we should use non-state actors to blow some Iranian diplomats in Pakistan or Afghanistan!

Only our enemies want us to fight each other. We Muslims should all unite especially in this difficult time when our enemies are trying to invade our countries and are killing our people.

I saw a documentary where smugglers were smuggling stuff inside of the bellies of animals. I think in the movie Blood Diamond they also showed diamonds being smuggled in the stomach of sheeps. The point is, in a lot of cases the smugglers can look like a skinny fisherman, but have better weapons then our border guards (a poor border guard is armed with what? An AK?). If they see them crossing the border they will shoot when they have the element of surprise. We lose thousands of border guards each year and these guys rather make a mistake than die.

but let's also be realistic....when they establish visual contact (Iran's coast guard is active, im sure they have good binoculars) and can see they dont seem to represent threat then no need to have the hand on trigger

if they are smugglers, or if they are suspected to be smugglers --give them laxatives until they are forced to take a shyte. No drugs, no diamonds -- no problem. Apologize for inconvenience, explain why they were detained -- then send them packing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom