What's new

Iran fired cruise missiles in attack on Saudi oil facility: Senior US official

Trump shouldn't have fired John Bolton, this guy will get his war with Iran, doesn't matter if he is in the gov office or not!
He is war monger but definitely he can't do much from the outside. So it is good he got fired.

Salaam

This is an interesting statement - why does Trump want the Saudis to acknowledge it first?

My guess is that the Iranians are behind it whether directly or via proxy. The Saudis know it as well as the US - but I'm curious about why Trump is waiting for the Saudis to officially acknowledge it?

Do they intend to take the Saudis along in a war with the Iranians like the had the Europeans go into Afghanistan?

Given the Europeans aren't going to be part of any war with Iran - do they want Saudi Arabia and her regional allies to be the next 'coalition of the willing' in an invasion of Iran?

The problem I see is that the Iranians may be dedeated militarily by the US and such but they are not going to go down easy. The missiles and drones they posses can do damage far and wide.

One can only imagibe the human misery that will come out of such a war - it would be both Iran and the Arabs that will suffer the direct effects. The refugee crisis that will result would likely overwhelm many other countries.

I hope these guys can learn to talk - the thing with brinkmanship is that sometimes it backfires.
Wa Salaam,
Americans are too clever to do anyone's menial job until they have huge gains to make. This KSA-Iran war will help only the zionists and damage the Muslim world. It will definitely have a sectarian angle. Iran is promoting her ideology while GCC has her own ideology / interests. It is very complicated situation but it can be solved through simple adherence to the principles defined in holy Quran and sunnah.

Iran fired cruise missiles in attack on Saudi oil facility: Senior US official
Sep 15, 2019, 11:15 PM ET

Iran launched nearly a dozen cruise missiles and over 20 drones from its territory in the attack on a key Saudi oil facility Saturday, a senior Trump administration official told ABC News Sunday.

It is an extraordinary charge to make, that Iran used missiles and drones to attack its neighbor and rival Saudi Arabia, as the region teeters on the edge of high tensions.

President Donald Trump warned the U.S. was "locked and loaded" to respond to the attack on Sunday, waiting for verification of who was responsible and for word from Saudi Arabia on how to proceed.

(MORE: Pompeo blames Iran for major attack on Saudi oil facility amid high regional tensions)
The Trump administration, in particular Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, has blamed Iran for the attack since Saturday, but so far, there's been no public accusation that Iran launched missiles.

The Houthi rebels in neighboring Yemen claimed responsibility for the assault, which hit one of the world's largest oil processing facilities, hundreds of miles from the Yemen-Saudi border, and sharply impacted global oil supplies.

But a senior U.S. official told ABC News Saturday that was false: "It was Iran. The Houthis are claiming credit for something they did not do."

Pompeo tweeted that there was "no evidence the attacks came from Yemen."

saudi-oil-attack-mo_hpMain_20190915-210739_4x3_992.jpg
Hamad I Mohammed/Reuters

Smoke is seen following a fire at Aramco facility in the eastern city of Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia, Sept. 14, 2019.

The attack on the Saudi state-owned oil company Aramco also included more than 20 drones, the official said.

Iran has denied responsibility for the attack, accusing Pompeo of "max deceit," as the country's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted Saturday.

In a Sunday evening tweet, Trump did not share the definitive accusation against Iran, instead saying the U.S. had "reason to believe that we know the culprit ... but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom [of Saudi Arabia] as to who they believe was the cause of this attack."

Saudi Arabia oil supply was attacked. There is reason to believe that we know the culprit, are locked and loaded depending on verification, but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed!

The senior official told ABC News the president is fully aware that Iran is responsible, but he wants the Saudis to acknowledge it if they want U.S. help.

Trump promised the U.S. was "locked and loaded depending on verification" and waiting for the Saudis to say "under what terms we would proceed!"

Critics condemned Trump's threat to act, especially at the Saudis' behest. Rep. Justin Amash, of Michigan, a former Republican and now Independent, tweeted, "Under our Constitution, the power to commence war lies with Congress, not the president and certainly not Saudi Arabia. We don’t take orders from foreign powers."

Justin Amash

@justinamash

Under our Constitution, the power to commence war lies with Congress, not the president and certainly not Saudi Arabia. We don’t take orders from foreign powers. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1173368423381962752 …

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Saudi Arabia oil supply was attacked. There is reason to believe that we know the culprit, are locked and loaded depending on verification, but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed!

The attack and ensuing threats of retaliation had the region on edge Sunday, with heightened fears of a conflict -- Iran and its proxies against the Saudis and U.S.

Tensions have been high since Trump withdrew the U.S. from the Iran nuclear deal in May 2018 and strictly reimposed sanctions, including on Iran's oil industry -- its economic lifeblood.

In an escalating series of moves, Tehran has sought to counter or undermine those sanctions -- attacking a handful of oil tankers, seizing others and their crews and assaulting Saudi oil facilities, according to U.S. officials.

(MORE: US-Iran tensions escalate after a drone attack in Saudi Arabia)
The risk of conflict seemed lower less than a week ago, with the departure of hawkish National Security Adviser John Bolton and Trump seeming to embrace the possibility of talks with Iran's President Hassan Rouhani at the United Nations General Assembly later this month in New York. Pompeo said Tuesday that Trump was "prepared to meet with no preconditions."

But in a reversal Sunday, Trump tweeted it was "incorrect" to say he was willing to meet without conditions, blaming the "fake news" despite his repeated statements saying so.

In July 2018, the president first said "no preconditions ... If they want to meet, I'll meet -- anytime they want."

ABC News' Conor Finnegan contributed to this report.

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...s-attack-saudi-oil-facility/story?id=65632653

Looks like US war propaganda machine is back.. But what is nearly a dozen cruise missiles anyways? Is it 10,11 or 11.5 missiles?
Frankly knowing Clown Salman and his entourage; this could have been a self planned exercises too to get his way to engage conflict with Iran.

:cheesy:
Yeah like how Iran's support for Hezbollah totally helped the Israeli occupation of Lebanon!:cuckoo:

Lebonan is hardly a Country standing anymore. Iran made sure that it got divided along Multiple Factions and gained soft Power through Irans continued policy of isolating arab states.

Iran is cleverer than not just me, but you, our government, establishment and entire middle east.

Iran gets all the discounts and exemptions when it wants to sell its oil to unholy ally, India.. We Pakistanis are so stupid that we don't understand the alliance between Iran and India.

We see only Arab bashing here. Iran appeasers never said a word when Kullu Bhos was arrested having Iranian visa, Uzair Baloch and Baba Ladla were arrested with Iranian passports, Iranian generals threatened Pakistan, Iran recruited thousands of Pakistanis for its Zainabiyon brigade without Pakistani government's approval (while we are still bashing Arabs for asking our little help in Yemen), when Irani terrorists were caught in Bahrain on Pakistani passports (causing Bahrain to suspend visas to Pakistanis) etc..

Iran just got a boast for the touted Iran-Pakistan Gas pipeline today as well by the GoP.

Iran just got a boast for the touted Iran-Pakistan Gas pipeline today as well by the GoP.
That's why I said that Iran is cleverer than me, you, our government and the establishment, and the entire middle east.

Middle East and Pakistan are two different entities now with different objectives.. neither of them is ready to help each other...

That's why I said that Iran is cleverer than me, you, our government and the establishment, and the entire middle east.

Middle East and Pakistan are two different entities now with different objectives.. neither of them is ready to help each other...

I have a theory.

Someone knows that you people are gullible lot who wish to live in the end of times. So a false Mirage is being created for that purpose to flock you into Race wars.

That someone also knows about the Propaganda Tools like predictions and prophecies From Persian Saints and only are helping create an Illusion of it thus why a certain section of yours want turkey Iran Afghanistan alliance.

Whats interesting though is why Saudi Arabia, why not Qatar who openly supports Netanyahus reelection in Israel?

Its fascinating stuff

That someone also knows about the Propaganda Tools like predictions and prophecies From Persian Saints and only are helping create an Illusion of it thus why a certain section of yours want turkey Iran Afghanistan alliance.
:raise:
That someone lives in Asfahan?

Whats interesting though is why Saudi Arabia, why not Qatar who openly supports Netanyahus reelection in Israel?
iss pe roshni dalo bhayyay

That someone lives in Asfahan?
That i dont know. But do you Dispute anything i said?
Have you not seen people here advocating foreign policy based on Persian 'Saint' sayings coupled with imposition of certain theology like attributing supernatural beings who help people win elections?
iss pe roshni dalo bhayyay
me kyon daalo. mufta butt raha hai?

but Qatar is an Island and Satan is said to have his throne set above water in Islands

LOL INDUS VALLEY was formed by Iranian neolithic farmers. You need better education.

ace.jpg

and btw I am an Azeri Turk (some Georgian mixing in me)

Lol.

"The Iranian-related ancestry in the IVC derives from a lineage leading to early Iranian farmers, herders, and hunter-gatherers before their ancestors separated, contradicting the hypothesis that the shared ancestry between early Iranians and South Asians reflects a large-scale spread of western Iranian farmers east. Instead, sampled ancient genomes from the Iranian plateau and IVC descend from different groups of hunter-gatherers who began farming without being connected by substantial movement of people."

https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(19)30967-5.pdf

1-s2.0-S0092867419309675-fx1.jpg

Frankly knowing Clown Salman and his entourage; this could have been a self planned exercises too to get his way to engage conflict with Iran.
Houthis already claimed the responsibility for the attack.

jibberish?
Sorry for childishness.
Well the thing is, everybody know it who wants a war in middle East, but these two donkey nations are busy in fireworks and verbal WW3. Now, after this attack, SA will contact Israel, for some more goodies. Both of these nations are getting raped and looted, one by embargoes other by fear.
If both SA and Iran wants to come out of this fear, then they both should attack Israel. Things will go very very smooth afterwards, at least the real enemy will be naked, wide in public.

Back
Top Bottom