What's new

Iran "Dezfoul" missile revealed

Dezfoul seems to be an upgraded explosive for the warhead.

Improvements to range as well, but the reality is the warhead having a great explosive power.

The question now remains, what happens with “Mobin”. Is Dezfoul going to get the Mobin seeker? Perhaps in the next generation under a different name?

The Fateh family is getting a bit redicilous with the names.

The Fateh line is getting bigger, faster, better seemingly by the minute and it should scare the bejesus out of Irans opponents. This family of offensive tactical missiles is impressive to say the least with how versatile they are in operational engagements. Anti-ship, anti-radar, etc...

This latest version looks very professional to say the least. They look powerful, genuinely wouldn't want to be on the receiving end. Iran needs THOUSANDS of these kinds of missiles in stock with thousands of cruise missiles and traditional BM's to make huge conventional impacts in any upcoming conflict.

Dezfoul seems to be an upgraded explosive for the warhead.

Improvements to range as well, but the reality is the warhead having a great explosive power.

The question now remains, what happens with “Mobin”. Is Dezfoul going to get the Mobin seeker? Perhaps in the next generation under a different name?

The Fateh family is getting a bit redicilous with the names.

Taking a guess at it. I think Iran is being ridiculous with the naming on purpose. You know, throwing the enemy off and what not.

Taking a guess at it. I think Iran is being ridiculous with the naming on purpose. You know, throwing the enemy off and what not.

My friend, Intelligence services aren’t going to be fooled because you slap a different name on the Missile. You aren’t playing ‘got your nose’ with a baby here.

It’s likely military intelligence services have their own code names for Iran’s BM program to identify differences.

I mean in less than 2 years you have: Fateh-313, Zolfighar, Mobin, and now Dezfoul. Maybe I am missing one.

My friend, Intelligence services aren’t going to be fooled because you slap a different name on the Missile. You aren’t playing ‘got your nose’ with a baby here.

It’s likely military intelligence services have their own code names for Iran’s BM program to identify differences.

I mean in less than 2 years you have: Fateh-313, Zolfighar, Mobin, and now Dezfoul. Maybe I am missing one.

Nah, I'm sure that's all of them lol.

The naming conventions are getting a bit out of hand, yet Iran is invested heavily in this sector of weapons development. So it would logically stand to say that they would be producing a lot of different derivations of the original Fateh with many different names to accompany them.

Curious, did they show a firing of the new Dezfoul? or was it just a simple unveiling.

Google translate:

"Dezful has been told that the missile warhead is twice as likely to be damaged as Zulfikar rocket.
This change in the power of destruction in two forms can be predicted to increase the rocket's speed and increase the kinetic energy of the warhead.
Two explosive modifications used in the warhead."

So how the enhanced warheads destruction power was achieved:

-> Missile has more speed (bigger kinetic energy)
-> Explosive modification

Last edited:
That twice more powerful warhead can also be interpreted as a submunition warhead.
In materials you seldom achieve a 100% improvement.

Google translate:

"Dezful has been told that the missile warhead is twice as likely to be damaged as Zulfikar rocket.
This change in the power of destruction in two forms can be predicted to increase the rocket's speed and increase the kinetic energy of the warhead.
Two explosive modifications used in the warhead."

So how the enhanced warheads destruction power was achieved:

-> Missile has more speed (bigger kinetic energy)
-> Explosive modification

Perhaps a little bet of both

Dy36IvXVsAEB0e0.jpg

Dy37AkgVYAEJ36a.jpg

as i thought, you cant extend range (~ 30% more) without changing Diameter/length...
seems Dezfouls is bigger and heavier than Zolfaqhar

i think dezful has range of more than 1000 km just like hovezeh CM when they said it has 1350 km range but IRGC say it has 1500 km range.

Dezful warhead

Untitled32.jpg

FAE is another way beside submunitions to achieve that 2x destructive power. Both however are less effective against very hardened targets.

A thermobaric Dezful is a weapon that weights 4500kg has a equivalent of more than 1000kg TNT and approaches its targets at high mach numbers and within 15 minutes (reaching the time critical label). Its accuracy would probably be sufficient for use against non hardened target and ensuring a kill with a single shot. Its 1000km range would be sufficient for use against nearly all possible tactical targets

These are quite good parameters for a weapon system.

FAE is another way beside submunitions to achieve that 2x destructive power. Both however are less effective against very hardened targets.

A thermobaric Dezful is a weapon that weights 4500kg has a equivalent of more than 1000kg TNT and approaches its targets at high mach numbers and within 15 minutes (reaching the time critical label). Its accuracy would probably be sufficient for use against non hardened target and ensuring a kill with a single shot. Its 1000km range would be sufficient for use against nearly all possible tactical targets

These are quite good parameters for a weapon system.

i still think it has range of approximately 1300 km.

Untitled56.jpg

Last edited:
They should have some equipped with EMPs and electronic warfare weapons.

The longer the range of the EMP and other weapons, the better.

Most Western equipment is EMP proof, so you need more advanced types of electronic warfare.

This is how the future of weapons will be undefeatable lasers. Missiles will eventually prove to be useless, unless they are in a faraday cage and AI run.

Back
Top Bottom