What's new

Iran deploys S-300 air defense missile systems in emergency

quotes an Iranian source. It is a reputable source.

I disagree Arab newspapers have a habit of quoting anon Iranian/Israeli/etc sources and then making claims. Rai Al Youm is not premier newspaper, it’s not even printed.

It’s like with IRIB publishing last nights “explosions” based on social media accounts. Anon sources =/= no proof.

Now if you have a publication that quotes Bagheri or a IRGC official ON RECORD about the deal then that is evidence and you are correct and I am wrong.

Or else I could also show you anon sources saying 3rd Khordad was delivered to Syria after T4 attacks and was destroyed. But would you consider that as evidence? No.

So let’s wait and see what gets delivered to Syria and when.

I don’t care if 3rd Khordad gets supplied, but Bavar should not be supplied or else Israel gets to probe it for FREE. Even an export version can provide helpful insights. Not to mention the SAA is still suffers from moles and spies.

I disagree Arab newspapers have a habit of quoting anon Iranian/Israeli/etc sources and then making claims. Rai Al Youm is not premier newspaper, it’s not even printed.

It’s like with IRIB publishing last nights “explosions” based on social media accounts. Anon sources =/= no proof.

Now if you have a publication that quotes Bagheri or a IRGC official ON RECORD about the deal then that is evidence and you are correct and I am wrong.

Or else I could also show you anon sources saying 3rd Khordad was delivered to Syria after T4 attacks and was destroyed. But would you consider that as evidence? No.

So let’s wait and see what gets delivered to Syria and when.

I don’t care if 3rd Khordad gets supplied, but Bavar should not be supplied or else Israel gets to probe it for FREE. Even an export version can provide helpful insights. Not to mention the SAA is still suffers from moles and spies.

We can feed them disinformation using this export version. Easy job :)

airlines must be take care and ukrine should cancel all flights to iran ASAP .

We can feed them disinformation using this export version. Easy job :)

It doesn’t work like that. For example, when Iran acquired TOR-M1 it eventually found a way to “unlock” the range limiter on its export version and boost the range of its missiles.

Iran could withhold some technology and use lesser capable radars as withhold the Sayyad 4. Furthermore, it could lock it from a software standpoint To make it somewhat less capable like Russians do.

However at the end of the day the base system and its code will be very similar to Iranian version. That alone is reason not to supply it as Israel will look for holes in the software And subsystems among other things.

It doesn’t work like that. For example, when Iran acquired TOR-M1 it eventually found a way to “unlock” the range limiter on its export version and boost the range of its missiles.

Iran could withhold some technology and use lesser capable radars as withhold the Sayyad 4. Furthermore, it could lock it from a software standpoint To make it somewhat less capable like Russians do.

However at the end of the day the base system and its code will be very similar to Iranian version. That alone is reason not to supply it as Israel will look for holes in the software And subsystems among other things.

It is also about antenna design, frequencies and signal processing and is more than just radar range.
An engineer usually ends up having a handful of totally different codes that work more or less in the end of the project. It is not less, it is different.

It is also about antenna design, frequencies and signal processing and is more than just radar range.
An engineer usually ends up having a handful of totally different codes that work more or less in the end of the project. It is not less, it is different.

I don’t agree with such a transfer. Iran has little to gain and a lot to lose. Iran already gets the benefit of tracking F-22, F-35, U-2, B-2, B-1 in PG using Bavar. So there is not much for Iran to gain by deploying B-373 at this time.

Maybe in 10 years when Iran has moved on to B-373 generation version 2/3. Same way Russia offered S-300 when it was deploying S-500. And offering S-400 to Turkey.

Yes, but who is operating those systems. If it is Russian technicians then they will never fire on Israeli aircraft
Baseless lie.
Russia had S-300 and S-400 based in Syria before the sale of S-300 to Syria.

The s300 that the russians supplied to the syrians was never operational at any time,the russians never activated it or supplied the key logistics ie the interceptors that were needed to activate it.With the benefit of hindsight its now clear that it was only ever really intended as a political gesture,basically as a way to placate the syrians and as a rather pointed warning to the israelis as well.
The very fact that the syrians are now turning to iran to upgrade their air defences says everything,tho this could also be a way of putting pressure on the russians to finally live up to their promises and activate the s300.
I strongly suspect tho` that it will be iran that will be given the task of modernizing and rebuilding syrias air defences in the post war era rather than the russians.
Yes it just has raised launchers and has deployed radars nearby it, totally unoperational.
Syria's claim of S-300 unable to prevent Israeli strikes also support the claim.

I don’t agree with such a transfer. Iran has little to gain and a lot to lose. Iran already gets the benefit of tracking F-22, F-35, U-2, B-2, B-1 in PG using Bavar. So there is not much for Iran to gain by deploying B-373 at this time.

Maybe in 10 years when Iran has moved on to B-373 generation version 2/3. Same way Russia offered S-300 when it was deploying S-500. And offering S-400 to Turkey.
You wish lmao

Baseless lie.
Russia had S-300 and S-400 based in Syria before the sale of S-300 to Syria.

You must have reading comprehension issues. My point was who is sitting in the “Syrian S-300” systems? If it’s Russian technicians sitting in the Syrian systems then it’s a useless system. If Syrian officers have to get Russian officer approval it’s useless.

You must have reading comprehension issues. My point was who is sitting in the “Syrian S-300” systems? If it’s Russian technicians sitting in the Syrian systems then it’s a useless system. If Syrian officers have to get Russian officer approval it’s useless.
Again, baseless lie.

Back
Top Bottom