What's new

Iran Decides to AcComplete Takeover of Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Tweets from official state affiliated agencies of Iran

These same agencies are citing different statements in their actual news articles though.

As for burden of proif. There isn't any burden on me. I have two tweets from official state affiliated agencies of Iran with me

Two Tweets where the statements are not even identical to each other, and this does not strike you as odd? Tweets from agencies whose actual articles claim otherwise.

As for the videos. They are not playing on my side

It's a pity because they prove how the two Tweets do not represent exact transcriptions of the spokesman's words.

Even if I assume Pakistan isn't mentioned in the video and the text contains it so this again shows disingenuous nature of Iran.

Only if you assume the journalists who tweeted these did so on instructions from the Foreign Ministry. For which not only there's no proof, but which furthermore is highly improbable. There are thousands of journalists in Iran and it's not as if their every action, their every Tweet even, is commissioned by central state authorities (and which authorities, there are dozens of them).

Moreover, if you were familiar with how sloppy and unprofessional journalism in Iran can be, you'd refrain from interpreting this as some sort of a conspiracy.

Mentioning name of a country in tweets of official news agencies is not shoddy journalism. It shows dubious nature of your country

Journalists are no diplomats hence one shouldn't get one's expectations too high when it comes to them. And in Iran's case, they've a well known record of mishaps stemming from insufficient professionalism.

- - - - -

Did you see the video posted? The whole video is him talking about foreign intervention.

No, he isn't. He is addressing it only from 0:16 to 0:48. You don't understand Persian, do you?

He is saying the opposite of that. He is saying foreigners who intervene in Afghanistan get defeated..

Typo. I meant to write "aren't usually successful", of course.

Last edited:
@SalarHaqq

You are posting junk. Trying hard to cover up intentions of Iran towards Taliban. Iran is opposed to Taliban rule of Afghanistan. Doublespeak won't change that.

I simply pointed to verifiable facts. No more, no less.

The guy says in the video we condemn Taliban offensive,

Yes, and he also says issues like these ought to be handled through negotiations. Like they were in Herat (which he doesn't mention, but it's a factual precedent involving Iran and thus highlighting Iran's position).

Iran president hinted Taliban rule will not be recognized,

Where? Post the quote in question.

and the FM condemned a foreign intervention by foreign country in Panshjir, which is clearly referring to Pakistan.

Did he? I have not seen such a statement to date. Please point me to a source.

You are playing dumb and wanting us to deeply investigate every word said, investigate hearts of Iranian officials and so forth whenever Iran is in bad light.

I am discussing hard facts. If you can't follow, it's beyond my control.

But, anything vague they say about Israel and suddenly we have to accept your 'facts' of strike on CIA officials and Mossad everywhere. You are a clown with no credibility.

This has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Last edited:
These same agencies are quoting different statements in their actual news articles though.

Two Tweets where the statements are not even identical to each other, and this does not strike you as odd? Tweets from agencies whose actual articles claim otherwise.

It's a pity because they show that the two Tweets do not represent exact transcriptions of the spokesman's words.

Only if you assume the journalists who tweeted these did so on instructions from the Foreign Ministry. For which not only there's no proof, but which furthermore is highly improbable. There are thousands of journalists in Iran and it's not as if their every action, their every Tweet even, is commissioned by central state authorities (and which authorities, there are dozens of them).

Moreover, if you were familiar with how sloppy and unprofessional journalism in Iran can be, you'd refrain from interpreting this as some sort of a conspiracy.

Journalists are no diplomats hence one shouldn't get one's expectations to high. And in Iran's case, they've a well known record of mishaps stemming from insufficient professionalism.

No, he isn't. He is addressing it only from 0:16 to 0:48. You don't understand Persian, do you?

Typo. I meant to write "aren't usually successful", of course.

Again excuses after excuses

You are literally clutching at straws now. Look this tweet has a full stop. That tweet doesn't have that. That is far too desperate from you in defense of Iran

Both tweets are from Iranian state agencies and not some random newspapers

State news agencies work under the government. They are not random media houses. Everything they say is from the government

So nope. Not satisfied with your explanations
I am willing to believe it tbh...

I won't. The tweets are very clear and are from official source

No one entertain this guy's theatrics. If Iran was able to it will have prepared revolution against Taliban and secured Russian aerial intervention into Afghanistan. We have press statement after press statement by Iranian President saying Taliban rule is not going to be recognized, and calls for elections. Iran is opposed to Taliban and is enemy of them. Taliban is well aware of this and this guy's dajl is futile.

Again excuses after excuses

You are literally clutching at straws now. Look this tweet has a full stop. That tweet doesn't have that. That is far too desperate from you in defense of Iran

Both tweets are from Iranian state agencies and not some random newspapers

State news agencies work under the government. They are not random media houses. Everything they say is from the government

So nope. Not satisfied with your explanations

He himself hates Taliban and makes no effort to hide it. He would be happy with Fatmeyoon militias fighting Taliban and taking over Afghanistan if they were powerful enough. It's probably one of his wet fantasies. Only issue is it's not feasible at this point and time so he got to go with carefully worded politico-talk.

The CULT OF LIARS showing its true colors. Dont forget Irans action have only hard MUSLIM nations for centuries.

For once your FO should grow some balls. If Iran can condemn our interference in TERRORIST AFGHANISTAN then Pakistan should condemn the CULT OF LIARS interference in IRAQ, SYRIA, LEBANON, YEMEN, AFGHANISTAN, ETC...

We need to recognize ISRAEL ASAP.

Could you cite a lie spoken here?

- - - - -

Official news agencies of Iran mention Pakistan

Either you prove us they didn't mention Pakistan or else I don't think there is not much to discuss here now

Okay, so at long last you agree the spokesperson of Iran's Foreign Ministry did not name Pakistan - that's all I've been demonstrating since the beginning of this discussion.

Yes, Iranian media have mentioned Pakistan. I clearly said so myself in a previous post. But these are not the government.

- - - - -

umh so the dumb journalist asked a question (about reports of foreign involvement) nd this was in reply to that?
@Areesh

Yes. Except for the typo I made (of course he said foreign powers that intervene in Afghanistan are normally unsuccessful).

- - - - -

Bingo! Those are his exact words. Compare with my initial translation, it's quasi identical. And as you can see, he is not naming Pakistan, thereby respecting diplomatic norms. Which is what I've been arguing all along.

He himself hates Taliban and makes no effort to hide it. He would be happy with Fatmeyoon militias fighting Taliban and taking over Afghanistan if they were powerful enough. It's probably one of his wet fantasies. Only issue is it's not feasible at this point and time so he got to go with carefully worded politico-talk.

Kindly stick to speaking for yourself and don't attribute ideas to other users unless you can prove it with concrete quotes.

Kindly speak for yourself and don't attribute ideas to other users unless you can prove it with concrete quotes.

The journalist who asked the question mentioned Pakistan, and he is indirectly referring to Pakistan. We are not talking about diplomatic norms. It's Iranian FM giving credibility to these claims by suggesting they are investigation the foreign intervention and then throwing shade at Pakistan. This was his response:

“We regret the martyrdom of Afghan leaders. The foreign interference you mentioned should be investigated and we are considering the issue. The history of Afghanistan has showed that the direct or indirect interference in Afghanistan’s affairs is doomed to defeat for the invading forces. People of Afghanistan are independent and self-sufficient people and any form of foreign interference in Afghanistan’s affairs is condemned,” he added.

The news article posted in this tweet again mentions Pakistan

This is my third official source now

Sorry, but this proves me right.

Read carefully:

"At a weekly press conference on Monday, Khatibzadeh answered ISNA question about the latest developments in Panjshir and the released reports regarding Pakistan’s cooperation with Taliban in killing people in Panjshir and said, “News coming from Panjshir are worrying. The last night attacks are strongly condemned”."

You see, it's just as I explained: he answered a journalist's question about the released reports regarding Pakistani intervention. In his reply however, the spokesperson never uttered the name 'Pakistan'. This is exactly what I told you in one of my first replies, which every reader can look up. You were even questioning the fact that he had been asked a question by a journalist.

Anyway, I posted the entire news conference, where we can see that the Tweets you shared do not faithfully transcribe the spokesperson's words.

- - - - -

It is a popular Iranian revolutionary state-sponsored source too.

Claims by state-sponsored newspapers can not be equated to official statements by governments. Diplomatic 101.

Sorry, but this proves me right.

Read carefully:

"At a weekly press conference on Monday, Khatibzadeh answered ISNA question about the latest developments in Panjshir and the released reports regarding Pakistan’s cooperation with Taliban in killing people in Panjshir and said, “News coming from Panjshir are worrying. The last night attacks are strongly condemned”."

You see, just as I said: he answered a journalist's question about the released reports regarding Pakistani intervention. In his reply however, the spokesperson never uttered the name 'Pakistan'. This is exactly what I told you in one of my first replies, which every reader can look up.

Anyway, I posted the entire news conference, where we can see that the Tweets you posted do not faithfully transcribe the spokesperson's words.

He didnt have to single Pakistan directly... he alluded to Pakistan since obviously the US/NATO are not militarily involved in AFGHANISTAN.

Iran should look at itself first. Creating a reign of chaos from lebanon to syria to iraq to yemen. Today Iran is in shatters. Turkey is decades ahead of you and even Pakistans economy is larger than Irans today... with the gap only expected to get wider.

At this rate it would be best if Iran asked for forgiveness from ALLAH, left the cult of lies, and made good relation with muslim neighbors around it rather than backstabbing them at any chance it gets... unless IRAN changes MARK MY WORDS AND SAVE THIS POST FOR SEPT 6 2031... WITHIN A DECADE EVEN AFGHANISTAN WILL BE AHEAD OF IRAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom