What's new

'Iran could be the Germany of the Middle East'

Developing countries tend to waste massive amounts of money as there's little accountability. The govts also have more room to do what they want.

In Western Europe and North America, nothing can happen outside the law (in theory and mostly in practice as well) and everything has a pre-determined plan behind it. The city has bylaws and codes for every little thing and you must abide by everything. Tax money is rarely wasted on stupid projects and people have a say in what happens in their communities. In Iran, the govt is constantly wasting money on dumb things like overpasses equipped with escalators/LCD screens or random statues in the middle of roundabouts while the provinces are lacking the basic necassities. Nothing ever makes sense.

I agree why the fck would you paint the pavements while theirs no road marking paint etc just so the damn pavements looks good and then no wonder so many traffic accidents when their isn't clear lane/road markings.

And they put some grass on the roads to make it green while theirs hardly any parks, look at Europe beautiful massive parks people can enjoy, in Türkiye they want to make buildings so it's like oh this government done this.

They have only the deserts dear. Not the gas fields as Recently IRAN has been stated as biggest gas reserves than Russia. They attacked IRAQ for oil in order to support their war in Afghanistan. They have interest in every single country like they have created the world ?. Why do not they sit back at their own country and let the world do whatever countries want to. US defense industry recently was going bankrupt. They made scared middle east arab countries and got a contract of 120 billion dollar. This is all the truth. US has no back bone. Since the start they are trying to eat things of other countries. Invaded sub continent for gold. Running after one person since 15 years and killed million and stating all the terrorists. Why there is no check on them ? If IRAN do some thing or England or any other country. then they have a problem. Even aliens do attack US all the time. Why they do not choose other 250 countries ? :toast_sign:
If the U.S had no backbone then how come She eats others resources.....How come they are able to invade any countries.?

Developing countries tend to waste massive amounts of money as there's little accountability. The govts also have more room to do what they want.

In Western Europe and North America, nothing can happen outside the law (in theory and mostly in practice as well) and everything has a pre-determined plan behind it. The city has bylaws and codes for every little thing and you must abide by everything. Tax money is rarely wasted on stupid projects and people have a say in what happens in their communities. In Iran, the govt is constantly wasting money on dumb things like overpasses equipped with escalators/LCD screens or random statues in the middle of roundabouts while the provinces are lacking the basic necassities. Nothing ever makes sense.

I think you are debunking your own criticism here. There's a reason some countries are considered 1st world and some others are not. It has got very much to do with their system of laws and government and legal underpinnings of how the society manages itself. But more importantly, it has to do with the dominant culture, mentality, level of tolerance etc... of that society which will determine how successfully it can implement and adapt such a system. To say that the government of Iran, as a 2/3rd world country, is wasteful, unresponsive and more incompetent than advanced countries, is like saying the sun is bright! The more pertinent question is how we can move Iran's society to adopt the avove-mentioned values. And that kind of change does not take place overnight. But I think we're on the right track.

yes the language problem is common in developing countries.i usually learn some basic words before the travel.

well, the reason Indians are well known in Iran is their movies(film hendi).this gives good image to our minds.bad news about Pakistan bombings realy affect the publicity,on the other hand people rarely know beautiful attractions of Pakistan as well.see... its just about medias.just like the foreigners who think Iran is an ugly,undeveloped desert with terrorist people.as you see in "MADE IN IRAN" thread,people mostly doubt that Iran realy produces those stuffs.but im sure everyone who sits beside the planes window and watch the area from the sky, will find out how industrial Iran is.and thats actually the reason Iran has standed against the sanctoins.

BTW,you stayed only at Tehran?

I disagree with you Kollang jan. In fact I would argue the opposite is true. It is more often 3rd world countries/former colonies that are excellent at English or other European languages (mostly French). From India to Philippines which are fluent in English and from Morocco to Madagascar who are French fluent, they are all 3rd world countries. But they have all internalized the language and culture of their former masters. On the other hand, you only have to travel to Japan or even France as advanced countries, to realize the profound lack of English language skills among the ordinary people. We as Iranians haven't been colonized by any European countries and we have our own language and literary traditions. There's no reason for us to be fluent in any other languages, unless specifically required. And I'm happy with that...

I disagree with you Kollang jan. In fact I would argue the opposite is true. It is more often 3rd world countries/former colonies that are excellent at English or other European languages (mostly French). From India to Philippines which are fluent in English and from Morocco to Madagascar who are French fluent, they are all 3rd world countries. But they have all internalized the language and culture of their former masters. On the other hand, you only have to travel to Japan or even France as advanced countries, to realize the profound lack of English language skills among the ordinary people. We as Iranians haven't been colonized by any European countries and we have our own language and literary traditions. There's no reason for us to be fluent in any other languages, unless specifically required. And I'm happy with that...
bozorgmehr jan,what I said is based on my own experience.in UAE and Russia it was not difficult for me to communicate with people.but in Bulgaria,Georgia,hungary and Turkey it was a bit difficult.however i have been in few countries as you see. i agree with you that former puppet countries have the condition you said.for example, in Georgia and Bulgaria, people are fluent in Russian.

You are missing 1 important point. English "is" the universal language.

You are missing 1 important point. English "is" the universal language.

I think you are debunking your own criticism here. There's a reason some countries are considered 1st world and some others are not. It has got very much to do with their system of laws and government and legal underpinnings of how the society manages itself. But more importantly, it has to do with the dominant culture, mentality, level of tolerance etc... of that society which will determine how successfully it can implement and adapt such a system. To say that the government of Iran, as a 2/3rd world country, is wasteful, unresponsive and more incompetent than advanced countries, is like saying the sun is bright! The more pertinent question is how we can move Iran's society to adopt the avove-mentioned values. And that kind of change does not take place overnight. But I think we're on the right track.

I see what you are saying, but then again: How long should it take for a handful of people to realize that overpass-escalators with LCD screens etc.. are not the #1 priority in a society such as the Iranian?

bozorgmehr jan,what I said is based on my own experience.in UAE and Russia it was not difficult for me to communicate with people.but in Bulgaria,Georgia,hungary and Turkey it was a bit difficult.however i have been in few countries as you see. i agree with you that former puppet countries have the condition you said.for example, in Georgia and Bulgaria, people are fluent in Russian.

A sunny day in Italy :

Me : excuse me ! how much does it cost ?

shopkeeper : Haaaa !

Me : cost ?

Me : Can you speak english ???

shopkeeper : No english ... italiano ... italiano !!! :undecided:

I see what you are saying, but then again: How long should it take for a handful of people to realize that overpass-escalators with LCD screens etc.. are not the #1 priority in a society such as the Iranian?

escalators with LCD screens !? :what:

where !?

where !?

Abii mentioned it, I haven't seen them

A sunny day in Italy :

Me : excuse me ! how much does it cost ?

Me : cost ?

Me : Can you speak english ???

shopkeeper : No english ... italiano ... italiano !!! :undecided:

where !?
ok man.i take back my words.:cry:

where !?

he'a talking about the overpasses that have escalators instead of regular stairs. Inside the overpasses some of them have LCD screens.

A0094176.jpg

Back
Top Bottom