What's new

'Iran could be the Germany of the Middle East'

I was in Tehran for 10 days and returned just last Friday. All I can say is that I was amazed at the infrastructure. The last I had traveled to Iran was about 30 years ago. There is no hint of any suppression, the general atmosphere is content an happy. I got the impression that they do not care about sanctions, they are happy in their world.

Everything was in perfect harmony, the roads, markets, civic infrastructure, tap water (Hotel), electricity and overall obedience of law was amazing. Going from Pakistan, I was under the impression that I was going to a country which has been under sanctions for 10 years or so and must be backwards. I was quite wrong.

Let me give you guys 1 example, the overhead pedestrian bridges, to cross over to the other side of the traffic, actually had escalators!!! That's something that I haven't seen even in Europe/UAE etc. And support for their president, both the outgoing and incoming, was patriotically at its peak.

Under sanctions, that's how good and content they are, I wonder what they can do outside of sanctions.
thanks,man.i want to read your post 10000...000 times.tell me more about the travel.how was the people?

did you see the industrial towns when the plane was about landing?

BTW,did you received red roze at the airport?:kiss3:

Thank you for this lovely comment :)

but most Iranian people are against escalators, we much rather have actual stairs to get some exercise.
if we keep those escalators, this will be the future of all Iranian people.

Fat Iranian boy kid, baby born 3kg, child 20kg at 7 months! - YouTube
(this baby, has a genetic disorder, but obesity rates have reached a record high in iran)

Don't worry, Sanctions, high inflations rates, expensive food items, will not make irani citizens obese

I was in Tehran for 10 days and returned just last Friday. All I can say is that I was amazed at the infrastructure. The last I had traveled to Iran was about 30 years ago. There is no hint of any suppression, the general atmosphere is content an happy. I got the impression that they do not care about sanctions, they are happy in their world.

Everything was in perfect harmony, the roads, markets, civic infrastructure, tap water (Hotel), electricity and overall obedience of law was amazing. Going from Pakistan, I was under the impression that I was going to a country which has been under sanctions for 10 years or so and must be backwards. I was quite wrong.

Let me give you guys 1 example, the overhead pedestrian bridges, to cross over to the other side of the traffic, actually had escalators!!! That's something that I haven't seen even in Europe/UAE etc. And support for their president, both the outgoing and incoming, was patriotically at its peak.

Under sanctions, that's how good and content they are, I wonder what they can do outside of sanctions.

Bro !!!

Now you can understand that , how western propaganda working !!!

in 2020 IRAN can :

Be a Space power ...

Passenger jet manufacturer ...

etc ...

because we are trying to do ... but some other countries in ME don't even try !!!

Iran is not even close to achieve what Germany has achieved. Probably another fear mongering article. First of all stop the heavy isolation and face the open economy.

Those overhead crossways with escalators are super retarded. Some of them even have LCD screens inside them to show sports!

The reason you don't see this in the West is b/c the govt would be toppled over something like this! The sheer waste of money is comical. Instead of putting escalators on random crossways, the money should be going to a million other areas. But yeah, compared to a lot of the countries in the region, the infrastructure is good.

Sir, heard that Iranian new President is quite West lover, and he wants to give freedom to everyone....??? So will USA going to be positive towards him.

My country never bragged about its weight, achievements, and objectives. Unlike Iran, KSA always manages to keep its mouth shut.

I suppose it won't take a nation of you Sir to google up my country's achievemnts over the years.

Here is a sample

Cheers :wave:

Why don't you show me something that actually holds some water? How many patents do Saudis hold (other then that of terrorism that was held by OBL)? How many advancements in science and technology do you have? Compared to your resources, what would have Israel achieved had she access to the same resources?

I mean, SA is considered the shining light of Islam and a guide to the rest of the Muslim world, but honestly, what Islam do you have? Do you treat your brother from other Muslim countries the same as they should be treated? Do you have Islamic morals and ethics?

Allah has given you every resource available to man and we all know where it is spent. With your resources and wealth, you could have been a super power, stronger and more powerful then the whole of West and US! But ............

Sir, heard that Iranian new President is quite West lover, and he wants to give freedom to everyone....??? So will USA going to be positive towards him.
of course not west lover. he wants to normalize relation with US.

thanks,man.i want to read your post 10000...000 times.tell me more about the travel.how was the people?

did you see the industrial towns when the plane was about landing?

BTW,did you received red roze at the airport?:kiss3:

Ha ha ha, no red rose for me man. But the overall trip was fine. The only thing I found particularly problematic was the language barrier as most Iranians either do not speak/understand English or don't want to use it. I had a very hard time communicating with cab drivers/vendors/shop owners etc.

My stay was at the Escan Hotel, it was a pleasant and adequate hotel. The reception staff was fluent in English, others not so much. Breakfast buffet, complimentary, was awesome every day.

There was a lot of construction going around outside Tehran (from the Airport to the hotel). It was a bit warm (around 35-40 Centigrade) to walk around in formal official dress code so my walks were usually in the evening or night. However, the markets close at the designated time, no arguments.

Another thing that I would like to point out is, I got this general feeling that Iranians do not like us Pakistanis very much, understandably so. They probably prefer Indians over us. Perhaps I was carrying some emotions from Iran Defense forum, but there was no real warmth for me as a Pakistani. The only respect I got was as a guest/foreigner. On the other hand, in my travels to Turkey, the reception an warmth for Pakistanis is absolutely beyond belief. And ofcourse, Saudis usually treat us as if we are animals, but then again, they usually treat all non-whites and non-arabs the same way.

Those overhead crossways with escalators are super retarded. Some of them even have LCD screens inside them to show sports!

The reason you don't see this in the West is b/c the govt would be toppled over something like this! The sheer waste of money is comical. Instead of putting escalators on random crossways, the money should be going to a million other areas. But yeah, compared to a lot of the countries in the region, the infrastructure is good.

Perhaps you should come visit Pakistan to witness first hand what happens when there are no escalated cross overs. Pedestrians in Pakistan cross roads while their actions disrupts traffic flows just because they do not want to climb all those stairs. The Iranian innovation is most welcome in Pakistan. I'd love to see the same infrastructure and facilities in Pakistan.

Iran is not even close to achieve what Germany has achieved. Probably another fear mongering article. First of all stop the heavy isolation and face the open economy.

You, quite obviously, missed the whole point of the argument because you are considering Germany of today instead of the state it was in after losing WW2. That's what the author was comparing Iran to.

Ha ha ha, no red rose for me man. But the overall trip was fine. The only thing I found particularly problematic was the language barrier as most Iranians either do not speak/understand English or don't want to use it. I had a very hard time communicating with cab drivers/vendors/shop owners etc.

My stay was at the Escan Hotel, it was a pleasant and adequate hotel. The reception staff was fluent in English, others not so much. Breakfast buffet, complimentary, was awesome every day.

There was a lot of construction going around outside Tehran (from the Airport to the hotel). It was a bit warm (around 35-40 Centigrade) to walk around in formal official dress code so my walks were usually in the evening or night. However, the markets close at the designated time, no arguments.

Another thing that I would like to point out is, I got this general feeling that Iranians do not like us Pakistanis very much, understandably so. They probably prefer Indians over us. Perhaps I was carrying some emotions from Iran Defense forum, but there was no real warmth for me as a Pakistani. The only respect I got was as a guest/foreigner. On the other hand, in my travels to Turkey, the reception an warmth for Pakistanis is absolutely beyond belief. And ofcourse, Saudis usually treat us as if we are animals, but then again, they usually treat all non-whites and non-arabs the same way.

Perhaps you should come visit Pakistan to witness first hand what happens when there are no escalated cross overs. Pedestrians in Pakistan cross roads while their actions disrupts traffic flows just because they do not want to climb all those stairs. The Iranian innovation is most welcome in Pakistan. I'd love to see the same infrastructure and facilities in Pakistan.
yes the language problem is common in developing countries.i usually learn some basic words before the travel.

well, the reason Indians are well known in Iran is their movies(film hendi).this gives good image to our minds.bad news about Pakistan bombings realy affect the publicity,on the other hand people rarely know beautiful attractions of Pakistan as well.see... its just about medias.just like the foreigners who think Iran is an ugly,undeveloped desert with terrorist people.as you see in "MADE IN IRAN" thread,people mostly doubt that Iran realy produces those stuffs.but im sure everyone who sits beside the planes window and watch the area from the sky, will find out how industrial Iran is.and thats actually the reason Iran has standed against the sanctoins.

BTW,you stayed only at Tehran?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom