What's new

'Iran could be the Germany of the Middle East'

You are missing 1 important point. English "is" the universal language.

I understand. But somehow that doesn't seem to have hurt the chances of the Japanese, Koreans or even French and Brazilians much. I'm not exaggerating when I say most Japanese can't even count to 5 in English. (I think most Iranians can) On the other hand India, Philippines, Ghana and Nigeria generally enjoy superlative English language skills and they're all 3rd world countries. So the perceived correlation between English language and advancement appears to be somewhat misleading.

All of this is not an argument against learning English or other foreign languages. Not at all! But it is almost impossible to think that some of these coherently structured societies can adopt English to the same breadth and depth as the former English colonies. Not unless they give it the pride of place and in turn give up something that goes to the core of their identity and which I suspect is more crucial to their success than their English language skills.

I see what you are saying, but then again: How long should it take for a handful of people to realize that overpass-escalators with LCD screens etc.. are not the #1 priority in a society such as the Iranian?

I don't know. What's the universally accepted time frame for reaching enlightenment?

But more to the point, I absolutely disagree with the argument being made against the escalators. Ever since they thankfully fenced off some of the busier Tehran thoroughfares, the overpasses have become the only means for pedestrians to cross the street. And if they're meant to be used by everyone, they need to be accessible to everyone. And that includes pregnant women, the elderly, children and plain old lazy people. It's a long climb up and down! If subways and other publicly accessible structures such as shopping malls need them, so do the overpasses. It was a smart move by the city of Tehran to install those escalators to entice people to use the overpasses and bring some needed order and safety to the scary traffic in Tehran.

he'a talking about the overpasses that have escalators instead of regular stairs. Inside the overpasses some of them have LCD screens.

A0094176.jpg

Talk about wasting resources, there are 400 LCD screens in Kızılay/Ankara metro station.

kizilay-istasyonu.jpg

Have you seen our country, if so which cities.

No , I haven't been to turkey , but a family friend of mine studies in turkey and he says it looks much better then iran , he says their at the airport there are airbus 380s being served with multiple passenger tunnels ?

I don't know. What's the universally accepted time frame for reaching enlightenment?

But more to the point, I absolutely disagree with the argument being made against the escalators. Ever since they thankfully fenced off some of the busier Tehran thoroughfares, the overpasses have become the only means for pedestrians to cross the street. And if they're meant to be used by everyone, they need to be accessible to everyone. And that includes pregnant women, the elderly, children and plain old lazy people. It's a long climb up and down! If subways and other publicly accessible structures such as shopping malls need them, so do the overpasses. It was a smart move by the city of Tehran to install those escalators to entice people to use the overpasses and bring some needed order and safety to the scary traffic in Tehran.

Einstein reached enlightment when he formulated general relativity and its tensor description, I wouldn't compare that to prioritizing social finances.

That being said, am not thinking about the escalators specifically, but the generally strange prioritizing government officials tend to display in that part of the world.

No , I haven't been to turkey , but a family friend of mine studies in turkey and he says it looks much better then iran ,he says their at the airport there are airbus 380s being served with multiple passenger tunnels ?

I don't know that but i have been in lots of European cities. Turkish cities have long way to go.

Is your friend a doctor ? At the last 5 years, so much hospitals have been built, we had a shortage of doctors. Than I heard Turkish government brought many capable doctors from Iran. They are working happily and recieve 3 times more salary than their coworkers in Iran.

I don't know that but i have been in lots of European cities. Turkish cities have long way to go.

Is your friend a doctor ? At the last 5 years, so much hospitals have been built, we had a shortage of doctors. Than I heard Turkish government brought many capable doctors from Iran. They are working happily and recieve 3 times more salary than their coworkers in Iran.

No my friend is a loser like myself , his dad's been rich recently and so he sent his son to Turkish Cyprus to study something I don't know what there , he probably sees Turkish girls too , but i'm not sure.

Iran is a disgusting place , there are no girls for people like me , there's only noise and air pollution.

Einstein reached enlightment when he formulated general relativity and its tensor description, I wouldn't compare that to prioritizing social finances.

That being said, am not thinking about the escalators specifically, but the generally strange prioritizing government officials tend to display in that part of the world.

I see. Well that's alright. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Say, does Esfand mean anything in any Indian language or is it just coincidence?

No my friend is a loser like myself , his dad's been rich recently and so he sent his son to Turkish Cyprus to study something I don't know what there , he probably sees Turkish girls too , but i'm not sure.

Iran is a disgusting place , there are no girls for people like me , there's only noise and air pollution.

You mean girls with mushtaches... lol :astagh:

people like you !!!

ok !!! what kind of girl you like ???

Blue eyes , choppy , like this one I saw in northwestern iran

You mean girls with mushtaches... lol :astagh:

No I was being serious , I've been abroad , Canada , Europe and there I attract girls way more I do in iran , in iran I only attract girls with a moustache like you said...

I see. Well that's alright. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Say, does Esfand mean anything in any Indian language or is it just coincidence?

When I was a kid I had some Iranian friends, their parents used to call me by that name. But we know of Aspand too, the seeds that are burnt

Back
Top Bottom