What's new

Iran broadcaster allows musical instruments to be played on TV

Don't lie

Quran 39.75 - Az Zumar (The troops) الزمر

Pickthall
And thou (O Muhammad) seest the angels thronging round the Throne, hymning the praises of their Lord. And they are judged aright. And it is said: Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!
Yusuf Ali
And thou wilt see the angels surrounding the Throne (Divine) on all sides, singing Glory and Praise to their Lord. The Decision between them (at Judgment) will be in (perfect) justice, and the cry (on all sides) will be, "Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!"

The prohibition comes from Hadith but Hadiths are in conflict on this matter. Like take for example this one

Sahih Muslim Book 004, Number 1942:
'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (way peace be upon him) came (in my apartment) while there were two girls with me singing the song of the Battle of Bu'ath. He lay down on the bed and turned away his face. Then came Abu Bakr and he scolded me and said: Oh! this musical instrument of the devil in the house of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)! The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) turned towards him and said: Leave them alone. And when he (the Holy Prophet) became inattentive, I hinted them and they went out, and it was the day of 'Id and negroes were playing with shields and spears. (I do not remember) whether I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) or whether he said to me if I desired to see (that sport). I said: Yes. I stood behind him with his face parallel to my face, and he said: O Banu Arfada, be busy (in your sports) till I was satiated. He said (to me): Is that enough? I said: Yes. Upon this he asked me to go.

Also when the azan was first made the companions suggested musical instruments (of the time obviously), if musical instruments are haram they would not have ever suggested them.

Sahih Muslim Book 004, Number 0735:
Ibn Umar reported: When the Muslims came to Medina, they gathered and sought to know the time of prayer but no one summoned them. One day they discussed the matter, and some of them said: Use something like the bell of the Christians and some of them said: Use horn like that of the Jews. Umar said: Why may not a be appointed who should call (people) to prayer? The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: O Bilal, get up and summon (the people) to prayer.

So in conclusion your Mullahs are just bat shit crazy.

Mullas' power in the Iranian society will not likely change so long as they are allowed to be paid the Khums (1/5th) free of tax, and free of collection and spending transparency. Without the steady flood of cash many of these Mullas wouldn't have been Mullas in the first place. They will simply choose another career. The other thing is trusts' money. I understand that total ban won't eventually work, but creating a non-Mulla controlled public societies for these billions could substantially reduce the Mullas numbers and power.

Back
Top Bottom