What's new

Iran broadcaster allows musical instruments to be played on TV

Yep, this is what happens when you show the middle-finger to your own culture and worship an alien culture that is outdated even for its time.

I sincerely hope that Indians can combat the increased influence of Islamic extremism in their country, I don't want to see one of the most ancient, fruitful civilizations that world has ever seen succumb to foreign culture like Iran did. I think Chinese so far have been most successful.
islam is part of our culture since hundreds of years, we have a big muslim population. And I have yet to meet any Indian muslim who is offended by sight of musical instrument.
In fact many of our celebrated musicians are muslims.
And if they do take offence, they can always flick channel.. there are so many other interesting channels like fashion tv. :)

Yep, this is what happens when you show the middle-finger to your own culture and worship an alien culture that is outdated even for its time.

I sincerely hope that Indians can combat the increased influence of Islamic extremism in their country, I don't want to see one of the most ancient, fruitful civilizations that world has ever seen succumb to foreign culture like Iran did. I think Chinese so far have been most successful.

It seems intolerance towards Persian music is very recent, the Muslim dynasties of India had great respect for Persian music and they introduced some of its component to Indian music.

I think Chinese so far have been most successful.

Chinese aren't good either, communist have screwed it. Their music is entirely western except for some Chinese lyrics.

Actually, the Spanish have been the "most" successful.

Iran's culture minister under fire

20131218115020632734_20.jpg

Jannati told Al Jazeera that more Iranians could have access to Facebook in the near future [Getty Images]

Iran's Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance Ali Jannati has come under fire for comments he made during an interview with Al Jazeera English.

"Mr Jannati is not at the level to define the judiciary's responsibilities," Iran's Prosecutor General and Spokesperson for the Judiciary, Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejehi, told reporters at a press conference on Wednesday.

The Al Jazeera question was a loaded question, aiming to provoke people against the Judiciary. If an intelligent and savvy official is confronted by a foreign network, he must not answer such a question this way.

Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejehi,Iran's Prosecutor General and Spokesperson for the Judiciary

On January 11, Jannati told Talk to Al Jazeera programme that the Iranian judiciary needs to loosen restrictions on Iranian media and artists so that it operates more in line with the policies of the new Rouhani administration.

"President Hassan Rouhani is making more room for freedom of the press, for the publishing sector and the film industry and we are trying to create a more open atmosphere for artists" Jannati told Al Jazeera's Stephen Cole, adding that the political, economic and cultural policies of the new president are different from those of the previous administration.

Jannati cut to the heart of the judiciary when he pointed to a lack of change within that particular branch of Iran's government.

"While the head of the Executive branch has changed, the head of the judiciary is still the same," Jannati said.

When asked whether or not he thought changes should be made within the judiciary, Jannati said, "naturally, our judiciary needs to be in tune with the changes that are taking place in our country, and we hope to see the same types of changes in the judiciary as well."

Social media storm

Ejehi accused Al Jazeera's Cole of posing a leading question when he asked whether or not the atmosphere of change extends to the judiciary.

"The Al Jazeera question was a loaded question, aiming to provoke people against the judiciary," he said. "If an intelligent and savvy official is confronted by a foreign network, he must not answer such a question this way.”

An Iranian newspaper, the Iran Pulse, also reported that according to Ejehi, Jannati felt that his comments were distorted by Al Jazeera. But while Ejehi has allegedly called for the minister to publicly admit allegations of distortion and poor translation, he has not done so.

Jannati's interview generated a social media storm in Iran, especially after he made a comment that Facebook would become more accessible to Iranians in the near future.

"With the cooperation of other ministers we are now trying to create a condition where everyone in Iran has access to Facebook which is a way for people to communicate, keep in touch and exchange ideas. I think right now many Iranians are using Facebook. Sooner or later this restriction must be lifted," Jannati said.

The Iranian judiciary has refused to follow through on promises made during the 2013 election of President Rouhani to release 80 political prisoners. It has also increased the rate of executions in the country, according to the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.

Iran's culture minister under fire - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Backward imported foreign culture has fucked Iran so bad that we should be happy that they're now allowing musical instruments to be shown on TV? Are you fucking kidding me?

@Abii @rmi5 @Surenas

Any opinion?
lol I don't even know what to say

koskholiro kardan varzeshe olympic

It seems intolerance towards Persian music is very recent, the Muslim dynasties of India had great respect for Persian music and they introduced some of its component to Indian music.

Chinese aren't good either, communist have screwed it. Their music is entirely western except for some Chinese lyrics.
Actually, the Spanish have been the "most" successful.

I was actually referring to the successful ways that they used to keep the religion (Cancer) out of China.

Camel urine ?? Elaborate a bit about that.

Here you go: Camel Urine and Islam - WikiIslam

There are many private music channels in Iran.There are many studios that develop music videos in Iran to show them on music channels.Everyday many concerts play

I was actually referring to the successful ways that they used to keep the religion (Cancer) out of China.

Here you go:

nafahm kare wahabiharo be eslam nachasbun va be eslam tohin nakon!

And I thought that you were referring to keeping a foreign religion out, i.e. Islam out of Confucian China. Spain expelled Islam causing the sucessful roll back of that invading religion from Europe

Can someone with knowledge on this topic for Gods sake please tell me, does it say anywhere in the Quran that music is not allowed?!?!

WTF

No it does not.

Just to clarify something, I do perceive Islam as a "backward imported foreign culture", NOT them playing music.

There are several Sunnah Hadith that forbid playing Music and even singing if its not to praise Allah.
Camel urine is also beneficial to cure diseases, hell I don't even know why we need Western Medicine?

In the Quran there is no ban on Music, in fact one verse says the Angels themselves sing in God's name.

Do you know who Avicenna was?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom