What's new

Iran before Khomeini

Iran is on her way back to the top...This time around industrialized and independant with people who had a role in building her so they will defend her (with our bomb!)...We just have to drop this nonsense about defending others when their own blood lines have abandoned them..

Iran GDP (nominal) 2021 first time over $Trillion dollars (with sanction on!) .Heading towards our no. 13 position in the 1970's ..we just had to pay our dues for 40 years and we did..

GDP-1.jpg
GDP-2.jpg

Iran is on her way back to the top...This time around industrialized and independant with people who had a role in building her so they will defend her (with our bomb!)...We just have to drop this nonsense about defending others when their own blood lines have abandoned them..

Iran GDP (nominal) 2021 first time over $Trillion dollars (with sanction on!) .Heading towards our no. 13 position in the 1970's ..we just had to pay our dues for 40 years and we did..

View attachment 798260View attachment 798261
The budget for the Persian new year has taken into account many of the sanctions remaining in place. I think we are already managing the sanctions. Most important thing for us is to sell oil and we have already found ways to sell despite the sanctions. A deal where they lift all the sanctions (Iranian negotiators want all sanctions lifted since 1979, nuclear, non nuclear, human rights etc) will be welcomed but our lives will not depend on it. We can do fine without a deal too. In fact, i really hope Trump or another cowboy wins the next US elections. We just need a slight excuse to enrich to 90% and i think they are stupid enough to give us.

Came across this film which has a lot of rare and valuable footage of Iran prior to the Islamic Revolution. It made me think about how Iran's trajectory would've been so different if the Islamic Revolution had not occurred. The positives for Iran would be that today it would be very integrated with the global economy and quite wealthy and prosperous. Will likely be a huge center of cultural influence in the Middle East and even worldwide, at least equaling the influence of certain larger European countries. Iran would be quite westernized and modern in outlook. However, obviously the downside is that Iran would have its sovereignty extremely curtailed and held under the thumb of the United States.

So that's the price it currently pays for its independence. What do you think would've been better for Iran?

Ayatollah Khomeini is much wiser than most politicians in history. I would compare Ayatollah Khomeini with Stalin, or Chairman Mao, or Peter the Great or

The world politics is quite simple. Rule or ruled. Shah chose later, Ayatollah Khomeini chose former.

Some countries have choice to be kind of neutral during Cold War, such as India, Indonesia, far away from power center, far away from 2 superpowers back then.

While countries like Iran, China was sandwiched by 2 superpowers. Both are ancient countries, the oldest civilizations, both has huge potentials.

So what would you do to Iran and China if you were US or Soviet back in Cold War?

Simple, control or destroy if they can't be controlled.

British and US work together and installed a proxy successfully, who is Shah. Shah was overthrown by the Mullah.

See what had British and US done on Iran? Destroy her. Iran-Iraq war is proxy war, it's between the West and Soviet camp.
===============

US once was ally of China during WW2. When Communist Party won the civil war, US proxy was driven to Taiwan, see what US did to China? Destroy her.

===============

Iranians can be wealthy under Shah, especially some Iranians. But most likely no future as a country.

Yup. Actually, Iran was the 13th largest economy by nominal GDP in 1980.
Most of the growth happened in the last 10 years of the Shah after the establishment of the OPEC, which increased oil prices from $5 per barrel to about $20 per barrel.

However, the video is not a correct representation of all of Iran prior to the revolution. While Iran was doing very well in large cities, the situation in small cities was not good. If you want to compare today's Iran to Iran before the 1979 revolution, these are the main points:

Iran in 1970s:
1. Literacy rate was 35% with a huge gender gap. Only 24% of Iranian women were literate, while 48% of Iranian men were literate.
2. Urbanization rate was also low. It was about 34%.
3. Fertility rate stood above 7.
4. Tourism was flourishing with most travel agencies in the West offering Iran as the first choice of travel. You could find Europeans and Americans all over Iran all the time. Some of them even immigrated to Iran and stayed here.
5. Iran had some huge industries, but we relied on the US for nearly all of those industries. We mostly assembled stuff. But our productions were of high quality, because the designs and raw materials came from the US and Europe.
6. The Iranian culture was quite influential. Our singers were well-known throughout the region. Our cinema and TV shows were quite well-known and popular too. The extent of our music industry was so much that even decades after the revolution, people in the region continue to listen to our old singers like Googoosh, Hayedeh, etc.
7. Iran was good at sports, but we weren't really a powerful country in sports.
8. The quality of education was good, but only few people were really interested in math-intensive sciences. Most people preferred easier educational paths.

Iran in 2020:
1. Literacy rate for all of the population is now 86% with no gender gap. For people under the age of 60, the literacy rate stands at 97%. Gender gap is nearly zero, even in rural areas.
2. Urbanization rate has increased to 76%.
3. Fertility rate is fluctuating between 1.8 and 2.1 in recent years.
4. Iran is no longer seen as a tourist spot. Most travelers to Iran are from neighboring countries. Usually, they are Iraqis or Shiite pilgrims, or people who are really interested in history and politics.
5. We have developed indigenous industries that work without reliance to foreign countries. Our industrial base has grown and it is much more domestic than prior to the revolution.
6. The Iranian culture has lost its influence in the region. The regime has changed Iran's picture from an Iranian country to an Islamic one that promotes Islam and defends Palestine against Zionists. Our cinema continues to remain one of the best in the world. In fact, the quality of our movies has improved greatly after the revolution, but our music industry is dead.
7. Iran is good at most sports today. Our football team is 22nd in the world. Our volleyball team has been in top 10 many times. Our basketball team has been in top 20 for a long period. Our wrestling, weightlifting and Taekwondo have become World champions several times. Our best result in the Olympics was 12th in the 2012 Summer Olympics. Overall, we are doing better in sports.
8. Iran is excelling at education and science. We have one of the world's largest number of engineers and graduates in STEM fields. Our teams in science Olympiads have done extremely well. For example, Iran was ranked 1st in International Math Olympiad in 1998 and 3rd in 1997. We have won the Fields medal (the highest award in mathematics) two times in a row in 2014 and 2018.
9. GDP per capita has increased since 1979. But considering the international trend, that's not impressive at all. One may argue that Iran's economy has stagnated after the 1979 revolution, but one should also take 8 years of a bloody war with Iraq into account as well.

I think the major difference between today's Iran under the current regime or the previous regime is that today's Iran would've been more liberal and we would've had a huge income from tourism. We also would've sold 5 to 6 times more oil than now. Iran could've easily entered top 10 economies of the world under the reign of the Shah. So, your comparison with Japan is accurate.

Bravo ! :hitwall:

People living in caves, now have homes,
You are comparing 1970 and 2020, still not impressing progress even you have oil and gas resources.

Compare Iran with other countries like China, Japan, what progress you achieve in 50 years? and what others achieve?

Their product all over the world and yours product in international market?
Your cities are same 3rd class like other south asian countries.. lol

And plz not tell me what Pakistan is achieving? Pakistan is newly born while Iran from centuries and even i am not impress progress of Pakistan, because both countries have influence of same mindset people.

Accept it or not Iran was good in Shah days than these donkey mullah, and you will face more sanctions in future, as Iran will not refrain from trying to get nukes and abusing and threatening US and Israel. Your enemy and Islamic brother Saudi played a long game of religious sectarian war and now trying very hard to get rid of religion, try to check in google what Saudis is doing now a days un islamic..

You are comparing 1970 and 2020, still not impressing progress even you have oil and gas resources.

Compare Iran with other countries like China, Japan, what progress you achieve in 50 years? and what others achieve?

And plz not tell me what Pakistan is achieving? Pakistan is newly born while Iran from centuries and even i am not impress progress of Pakistan, because both countries have influence of same mindset people.

Accept it or not Iran was good in Shah days than these donkey mullah, and you will face more sanctions in future, as Iran will not refrain from trying to get nukes and abusing and threatening US and Israel. Your enemy and Islamic brother Saudi played a long game of religious sectarian war and now trying very hard to get rid of religion, try to check in google what Saudis is doing now a days un islamic..
sounds like your butt is on fire!:azn::azn:

Warning to members : reading this post will make your IQ drop by 30 points.

Well, Pakistan became independent from the British Raj in 1947. The Iranian revolution happened in 1979. So, it seems that you have had more time to solve your issues than us. So, the question of what Pakistan has achieved, brought up by yourself, is a valid one.

I mean you have had 74 years to fight poverty, illiteracy, chaos and other social problems and you have failed. Israel was established about the same time, and look where they are now. The point is that you have had enough time.

As a matter of fact, Iranian products are sold internationally in countries like Iraq, Qatar, Venezuela, Afghanistan, Armenia, Republic of Azerbaijan, etc. We even have chains of hypermarkets with Iranian products in Venezuela. The new government of Iran has plans to increase our exports to Syria and other regional countries just like Ahmadinejad did. Rouhani had a different vision, but he's gone for good now.

Iran looks nothing like South Asian countries. South Asian cities are crowded, dirty and chaotic. That's very offensive actually. You guys (South Asia) don't even have toilets lol

My comparison is based on facts. Your post is blah, blah, blah. And even you know that your post is nonsense, as you tried to refrain from addressing the obvious flaws of your post. As for sanctions, sanctions on Iran cannot continue forever. Sooner or later, the world will have to trade with Iran in a currency other than the US dollar. We are an energy super power. The US promised the world that Iran would collapse and would submit eventually, but Iran's economy is recovering already and we are not even close to collapsing. China is trading with us openly now. Even your country Pakistan is willing to do so openly. Sanctions on Iran are in their last phase and they will soon wear out.

Last edited:
Yeah, Iran is nothing like South Asian countries, as it has toilets, and clean, beautiful. Because Its an Irani is claiming, Indian claims same, Iran is worst country. Lol
Your country fellows show some pictures from Tehran and some large cities and claim Iran is beautiful country. Lol, I can too show clean and beautiful places from Islamabad and etc. Iran is 3rd class country, Youtube has videos related to Iran, many v loggers uploaded videos, same like India, Bangladesh even worst.

You seems ignorant to me, Pakistanis got garbage or wasteland from India's part in 1947 and Iran was from centuries, Still Pakistan is better in some areas than Iran. I am not impress from Pakistan progress but it still better than Iran, India, Bangladesh. Iran has gas and oil reserves, still a 3rd class country, You should compare yourself with old countries like China, Japan, they fought Word Wars. Japan cities fkd by US and Chines fkd by Japan
Do post videos of vloggers that show Iran anything but what has been shown in the videos posted by Iranians on here. Your cities are crowded, dirty, and completely chaotic. Your cities lack proper healthcare and hygiene standards. No city in Iran is anything like that. Pakistan hasn't eradicated even polio yet! It's still a thing in Pakistan! Even small villages in Iran are nothing like that. In fact, small villages in Iran are even cleaner than large cities because they are better taken care of.

According to the UN HDI report, Iran is ranked 70th in HDI. Pakistan is ranked 154th. In other words, Pakistan and India are miles behind Iran when it comes to human development.

What areas do you think Pakistan is better than Iran? I can't find any. HDI itself speaks volumes about development of countries. Iran is in the category of highly developed countries, bordering on the very highly developed category by only one place! Pakistan is underdeveloped, comparable to African countries. That's not what I say, that's what the UN says.

Japan has 120 million people and they have been highly educated since the beginning of the 20th century. Even at the beginning of the 20th century, Japan had a literacy that was close to 90%. China has 1.2 billion people, most of them were educated even 50 years ago. They were one of the victors of the World War II. Apples and oranges.

Last edited:
I knew an engineer in the NIOC... he was a student actually assisted by the pahlavi regime to get a degree in the US, and come back and work in Iran. for a really good pay and benefits (which included a company car and house).

Yet when the revolution was happening, he was one of the first to enthusiastically join the oil workers strike that shut down the Iranian oil industry and was the last straw that really broke the pahlavi regimes back...

he was a secular person, but he prayed the night khomeini's plane was coming to Iran. praying it would land safely....

What was his reason when I asked him?

He said i was an american educated engineer working in my own country... do you know who my boss was? a tattooed texan who may or may not have had a high school diploma.... living in a bigger house then me, with servants and as a final absolutes insult to injury.... he was collecting "hazard pay" for working in Iran. as if Iran and Iranians were so dangerous that he needed hazard pay as if he was working in a warzone....

Pahlavi was an absolute rat... his economic and military power was 100% dependent on the whims of the americans. Iran literally overnight lost 90% of its military capability when it was shut off by the US for wanting to be a sovereign country........

Id rather take the long road and develop an independent state that can stand on its own feet. then be a slave nation giving out bribes and your soveriegnty to the Americans, in exchange for short term economic prosperity

Do post videos of vloggers that shows Iran anything but what has been shown in videos. Your cities are crowded, dirty, and completely chaotic. Your cities lack proper healthcare and hygiene. No city in Iran is anything like that. Pakistan hasn't eradicated even polio yet! It's still a thing in Pakistan! lol Even small villages in Iran are nothing like that. In fact, small villages in Iran are even cleaner than large cities.

Iran is ranked 70th in HDI. Pakistan is ranked 154th. In other words, Pakistan is a joke compared to Iran when it comes to human development. Even our toilets look cleaner than Pakistan and India. No offense intended.

What areas do you think Pakistan is better than Iran? I can't find any. HDI itself speaks volumes about development of countries. Iran is a highly developed countries, bordering on the very highly developed category. Pakistan is underdeveloped. That's not what I say, that's what the UN says.

Iran is highly developed, what have you developed? Mullah?

It is padded out with arabic values.

The ones who point fingers at people copying western culture are doing the same thing with arabic culture.

Western culture crushes all cultures, its more inclusive and rational and it fine tuned to produce abundance. By product is freedom of choice, if a girl wants to use that freedom to be a slut then that's her perogative, most won't as they will have morals and ethics and shame and guilt and self respect. Its not the states job to micro manage their people.

That's why every Muslim country without oil is a sh*tshow. The system does not work and does not produce results and is not adaptable.

The state must allow space for ideas to flow, that's how winning is done.

western culture is also micro manage through media/t, idols, government enforcement.
recently westerners had a taste of freedom by forced vaccinations with hundreds dying from its complications.

A dumb bas trd country like pakistan cant develop because too many western a ss loving.
Education is done in english then you wonder why there is divide in pour society and inferiority complex.
All good developed countries educate in their own language.
85 billion$ foreign reserves of donkey Iranis, country is from centuries with oil and gas reserve,
while newly born country Pakistan, which has age only 50+ years, no oil and gas reserve, have 27 billion$ foreign reserves.

Lol, Iran is 3rd class country....

Pakistan is fighting Afghan war from 20+ years, 1971, 1965,1948, kargil war, spending too much on nukes,
still better performance than donkey Irani mullahs.

bro leave it. iranis do have good health and hygiene in their country clean food stalls.

85 billion$ foreign reserves of donkey Iranis, country is from centuries with oil and gas reserve,
while newly born country Pakistan, which has age only 50+ years, no oil and gas reserve, have 27 billion$ foreign reserves.

Lol, Iran is 3rd class country....

Pakistan is fighting Afghan war from 40+ years, 1971, 1965,1948, kargil war, spending too much on nukes,
still better performance than donkey Irani mullahs.
If you were the product of noble people (Iranics) you wouldn't have talked impolitely like this. Only Indian products are this uncivilized.

And. Everyone knows the truth.

Back
Top Bottom