What's new

Iran arrests Azeri nationals for spying

Status
Not open for further replies.

IranZamin

BANNED
Reaction score
PressTV - Iran holds 2 Azeri nationals on espionage charges

Iran says the two Azeri nationals who were arrested in early May have been held on the charges of espionage-related activities, Press TV reports.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, an official from Iran’s northeastern province of Azarbaijan told Press TV that the collected evidence indicates that Shahryar Hajizadeh and Farid Husseinov entered Iran under the direction of the Republic of Azerbaijan’s secret service known as MTN. They were supposed to recruit a number of dissidents in Iran to promote separatism.

Very good that Iran is now publicly revealing little Azerbaijan's provocations. We have covered their provocations for a long time because we didn't want to create tensions, but they are just becoming more and more aggressive every time we ignore them.

How about local Azeri Turkish population, i think their is Azeri Turkish Nationalism still alive but the religious affinity of Shiaism hold them well with Iran.

How about local Azeri Turkish population, i think their is Azeri Turkish Nationalism still alive but the religious affinity of Shiaism hold them well with Iran.

Why do you keep referring to Azeri Turkish? Are we also continuously referring to Kurdish Iranian or Ossetian Iranian? Azeri's are religiously, culturally and ethnically Iranian. You little Indian troll.

These two guys are poets who were in Tabriz to participate in a festival.

Azerbaijan has already send several protest notes to Iran for release of these two individuals. Iran shows once more that they are a criminal nation.

Surenas

Their nationality is Iranian, their ethnicity is Azeri Turkish, I forget how many times I argued that with Iranians in that forum, why you guys seing it like a "threat" ? they can be proud Iranians their ethnicity is doesn't matter.

Surenas

Their nationality is Iranian, their ethnicity is Azeri Turkish, I forget how many times I argued that with Iranians in that forum, why you guys seing it like a "threat" ? they can be proud Iranians their ethnicity is doesn't matter.

I can provide you with all kinds of genetic researches who claim otherwise, but you probably wouldn't listen and deny it anyway. They are Iranian. Descendants of the Iranian tribes who were living in that area for centuries. And I'm not viewing this matter through nationalistic glasses, but simply a scientific one. Of course, there would be no problem if they were Turks, but they simply aren't. Just like I have no problem with Arab or Turkmen Iranians. I do not see it as a threat.

These two guys are poets who were in Tabriz to participate in a festival.

Azerbaijan has already send several protest notes to Iran for release of these two individuals. Iran shows once more that they are a criminal nation.

Sending spies in the disguise of poets LOL You think you guys are genius and we're fools? You've arrested several Iranian Azeris on false charges already, your protest notes will be ignored certainly.

Oh, please don't start the name calling game. If we're a criminal nation, then you're a nation of donkeys, if name calling helps.

Like I told other Iranians, genetics is a small factor on today's ethnicities, almost every race mixed, some of them appeared by absorbing others, some by culturally unfying, some simply via subject-master relations, are they linguistically and historically Turks ? thats it, while arguing with another Iranian on another thread, an Iranian Azeri came and said that he's an ethnic Turk and a proud Iranian citizen, Persian dude denied and tried to convince him that he's not Turkic :sick:

LOL, if you really would "genetic test" Persians, you would see their ancestors go back to deserts of Arabia.

How can these Persians talk such BS with straight face is beyond me.

Like I told other Iranians, genetics is a small factor on today's ethnicities, almost every race mixed, some of them appeared by absorbing others, some by culturally unfying, some simply via subject-master relations, are they linguistically and historically Turks ?

Linguistically is not that important. Culturally is. Xavier de Planhol:

''Azeri material culture, a result of this multi-secular symbiosis, is thus a subtle combination of indigenous elements and nomadic contributions, but the ratio between them is remains to be determined. The few researches undertaken (Planhol, 1960) demonstrate the indisputable predominance of Iranian tradition in agricultural techniques (irrigation, rotation systems, terraced cultivation) and in several settlement traits (winter troglodytism of people and livestock, evident in the widespread underground stables). The large villages of Iranian peasants in the irrigated valleys have worked as points for crystallization of the newcomers even in the course of linguistic transformation; these places have preserved their sites and transmitted their knowledge. The toponymy, with more than half of the place names of Iranian origin in some areas, such as the Sahand, a huge volcanic massif south of Tabriz, or the Qara Dagh, near the border (Planhol, 1966, p. 305; Bazin, 1982, p. 28) bears witness to this continuity. The language itself provides eloquent proof. Azeri, not unlike Uzbek (see above), lost the vocal harmony typical of Turkish languages. It is a Turkish language learned and spoken by Iranian peasants.''

Like I told other Iranians, genetics is a small factor on today's ethnicities, almost every race mixed, some of them appeared by absorbing others, some by culturally unfying, some simply via subject-master relations, are they linguistically and historically Turks ? thats it, while arguing with another Iranian on another thread, an Iranian Azeri came and said that he's an ethnic Turk and a proud Iranian citizen, Persian dude denied and tried to convince him that he's not Turkic :sick:

That's not the matter here Targon, this republic of Azerbaijan acts very aggressively recently. They have arrested several Iranian Azeris before and claimed they wanted to act against Israeli embassy in there if I'm not mistaken. They are expanding their ties with Israel which goes against Iran's national interests and our neighborly ties. They call Iranian provinces as South Azerbaijan in their official news papers and by their authorities, they insult Iranians in their forums or on the internet. We are just ignoring them just because we're not looking for tensions for now due to the standoff we are in with the west but these guys are acting as opportunists and try to score the most out of it. Pathetic.

LOL, if you really would "genetic test" Persians, you would see their ancestors go back to deserts of Arabia.

How can these Persians talk such BS with straight face is beyond me.

And if we trace your ancestors, you will find you're racially close to mulls roaming behind the mountains. Please cut the racist crap.

Is culture unique to ethnicities ? there is nothing more natural then sharing culture with a neighbour, look at the culture similarities between for example EVERYBODY.

Let the everything aside, most important factor is self identity, you can't deny that.

How did Azerbaijani language lose "vocal harmony typical of Turkic langauges", since you are such a well-informed gentlemen on this subject, I would like to see some examples. As a matter of fact, Azerbaijani language features more "original Turkic" features comapred to Anatolian Turkish for instance.

Azerbaijani language itself is a unique branch of Oghuz languages FYI. We have texts from 12th century written in Azerbaijani, that is, distinguished from Turkmen and Anatolian Turkish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izzeddin_Hasanoglu

We have Fuzuli, Nasimi and Shah Ismail writing in Azerbaijani language in medieval times.

So that this is a langauge supposedly learn by "other peoples" is a total BS.

Is culture unique to ethnicities ? there is nothing more natural then sharing culture with a neighbour, look at the culture similarities between for example EVERYBODY.

Let the everything aside, most important factor is self identity, you can't deny that.

Indeed, nobody denies that. You're right about it Targon, but you should know that the problem stems from politics rather than enmity. Just look at how Aliyev or other Azerbaijan officials talk about Armenia with insults in their newspapers and you'll see that these people have the lowest form of wit and wisdom when it comes to politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom