What's new

Iran detains two Azeri nationals on charges of illegal activities

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Two Azeri nationals have been detained in the Islamic Republic for illegal activities, an official with the Iranian Foreign Ministry says.

The informed source said on Saturday that the two individuals had been arrested on charges of “unconventional relations."

“These individuals traveled to our country as tourists,” the informed source added.​

The unnamed Iranian official said the country’s Judiciary is investigating the case against the two Azeri nationals.

In May 2012, Iran arrested two Azeri nationals, identified as Shahryar Hajizadeh and Farid Husseinov, on charges of espionage-related activities. The two had been tasked with recruiting a number of dissidents in Iran to promote separatism.

Hajizadeh and Husseinov entered Iran under the pretense of representing a cultural institution through a fake invitation prepared and sent to them by their Iranian accomplice, Press TV reported in July.

On March 30, a forum of the separatist and anti-Iran South Azerbaijan National Liberation Movement was held in Azerbaijan’s capital, Baku.

The anti-Iran elements participating in the forum sought to separate Iran’s East and West Azarbaijan provinces from the Islamic Republic.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry summoned Azerbaijan’s envoy to Tehran Javanshir Akhundov in protest to the forum, voicing Tehran’s strong objection over the Azeri government’s failure to stop the event.

PressTV - Iran detains two Azeri nationals on charges of illegal activities

Indeed, Iran should become much harsher against Azerbaijan so that our Azeri brothers can enjoy watching Turkish Stars once again, though in my opinion, this time Solo Turk might be better.

Solo Turk would be sufficient to send Iranian Mullahs back to their place as Turkish Stars did in 2001 :)

Thanks for not ignoring me, i was scared for a second you would take Soheil's advice :)

You'd better stick to the topic though. If you have any questions or delusions regarding Armenia and Azerbaijan, you can always create a new thread.

Artsakh is not a delusion, it is reality. It is also you who went off-topic, talking about Turkey. So from now on either comment on topic, or be prepared to be put in your place.

Well, Turkey is the reason why there is nothing the zealots in Iran can do about it against Azerbaijan.

However, by 'harsher' if you meant barking, then that is another story...

Well, Turkey is the reason why there is nothing the zealots in Iran can do about it against Azerbaijan.

However, by 'harsher' if you meant barking, then that is another story...

I'm getting really sick and tired of Turks thinking anybody in Iran gives a damn about them or is scared. Listen up and listen good, because you don't seem to get it. Your country is chicken hearted.

Israel massacred your people illegally in cold blood, your response: nothing.
Syria shot down your plane and killed your pilots, your response: nothing.
Resourceless Armenia took 1/3 of your brother country's land, your response: nothing.

So please, put the undeserved machismo and bravado aside. Until your country actually does anything to prove she isn't a coward (big words from Erdogan don't count) stop bringing up these laughable claims of "Badass Turkey will come and destroy you".

I am getting more and more convinced that something will happen here. As soon as there is a peace agreement between Iran and US I think we will become much harsher with Azerbaijan's meddling.

Each time Azerbaijan has had some exposed negotiation with Israel, some Azerbaijanian have been detained by our government. This is not the sole example of our active diplomacy! Do you remember the detained British soldiers? Do you remember those Americans? ... Lets to be hopeful in coming days for an active foreign policy not the one on the bases of hostage policy!

And please do not forget the fact that making peace with Israel is vital to having US back up! By the way I am not against US friendship!

Each time Azerbaijan has had some exposed negotiation with Israel, some Azerbaijanian have been detained by our government. This is not the sole example of our active diplomacy! Do you remember the detained British soldiers? Do you remember those Americans? ... Lets to be hopeful in coming days for an active foreign policy not the one on the bases of hostage policy!

And please do not forget the fact that making peace with Israel is vital to having US back up! By the way I am not against US friendship!

I am not necessarily against peace with Israel either. But it can't be purely on their terms, it has to be beneficial for Iran as well.

I'm getting really sick and tired of Turks thinking anybody in Iran gives a damn about them or is scared. Listen up and listen good, because you don't seem to get it. Your country is chicken hearted.

Israel massacred your people illegally in cold blood, your response: nothing.
Syria shot down your plane and killed your pilots, your response: nothing.
Resourceless Armenia took 1/3 of your brother country's land, your response: nothing.

So please, put the undeserved machismo and bravado aside. Until your country actually does anything to prove she isn't a coward (big words from Erdogan don't count) stop bringing up these laughable claims of "Badass Turkey will come and destroy you".

Man, you are really eager to carry us away.

I don't remember how many times i had to deal with that 'you did nothing' BS. If you are wondering, go and check Syria and Israel related threads in Turkish section, you'll find your answer by my very posts. However, until then, i will leave you with the thought of how you beat me in a discussion :)

Hey there mate,long time no see.It's good you are back. :)

On topic,Azerbaijan too has detained Iranian citizens in the past without any basis,and Iran does the same.
There is a mistrust between 2 countries, and both can be blamed for it, or neither one,not just one.

My advice : Stop dreaming ... & Stop polishing my balls ...

Back
Top Bottom