What's new

Iran announces the first maiden flight of home-made copy of the U.S. drone

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivINDIAN

Reaction score
Country
India
Commander of the Iranian Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Force Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh said that Iran moved as much as 35 years ahead in building drone engines by reverse engineering the US drone, RQ-170 which was tracked and hunted down in Iran late in 2011. The RQ-170 engines are the fifth generation and the engines of Iranian unmanned planes are the third generation, Hajizadeh said on Wednesday, October 11, 2013, adding that to produce the engine we had to spend 35 years on the project.
RQ-170_United_States_drone_display_in_Iran_640_001.jpg

United States drone RQ-170 on display in Iran.

Are there any new pictures of this home-made copy of the U.S. drone?

Again, claims but no evidence. I'm still waiting for that evidence that was promised.

I am not much of a drone guy, but I had use a couple of those during my time in the army

But wasn't there are some remote program protocol to control the drone engine, if they do reverse engineer the engine, that should mean our protocol is compromised, right?

I am not much of a drone guy, but I had use a couple of those during my time in the army

But wasn't there are some remote program protocol to control the drone engine, if they do reverse engineer the engine, that should mean our protocol is compromised, right?
USAF General James Poss, chief of the drone surveillance program, pretty much dismissed all the overhyped speculations about Iran reverse engineering efforts. As far as he is concerned, it is all about the data and data linking system, of which Iran will not be able to replicate since Iran does not have the capabilities to handle the data. Iran have no satellites, for example, to exploit the over-the-horizon command and control system. Iran can copy down to the rivets of the recovered US drone and it would do Iran not one bit of good.

The first flight hasn't happend and the thread title is misleading and has nothing to do with the article.
And where is the source? this thread should be locked.

Again, claims but no evidence. I'm still waiting for that evidence that was promised.
No iranian official claimed that iran's copy of rq 170 has made its maiden flight, this thread is misleading.

When the Photochop Brigade can find good enough an artist.

HA HA HA ... U R funny ! :)

They have not found a perfect background picture yet.

U R funny too :)

He said that the home-made version of the US drone RQ-170 captured by the IRGC will make its maiden flight in the near future.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/irania...erse-engineering-us-rq-170-a.html#post4857296

USAF General James Poss, chief of the drone surveillance program, pretty much dismissed all the overhyped speculations about Iran reverse engineering efforts. As far as he is concerned, it is all about the data and data linking system, of which Iran will not be able to replicate since Iran does not have the capabilities to handle the data. Iran have no satellites, for example, to exploit the over-the-horizon command and control system. Iran can copy down to the rivets of the recovered US drone and it would do Iran not one bit of good.
sir i may sound wierd but why do you think russia will not help Iran with it (decoding)as for engine reverse engineer im pretty sure iran has sold the engine of the drone to russia as they are the onli one who could do it china althogh a super power in reverse engineering but they dont have the base knowledge of many key technologies im pretty sure russians are working on that captrured drone for quite some time now wont be surprised that if we see something simmilar in russian arsenell in coming years and russia must have awarded Iran with many "good things" in exchange of the drone

:lol: :lol: :lol:
@mohsen !

what was that famous saying about fool enemies ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom