What's new

Iran and Turkey become drone powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets examine this out of the box:
3 important elements that made Iran's Drone technology close at par with US and China:

1- Early start..1980's (first Combat use of Drone in Iran-Iraq war as Artillery spotter" .

2- Bigger funding share due to outdated air force asset availabilities (Sanctions);

3- Capture of RQ-170 which propelled Iranian drone tech by at least a decade.(I add access to downed US and Israeli hardware in Iraq and syria also)

Now unless you consider Turkish engineers as some sort of above human intelligence capabilities (and I have lots of respect for engineers of both countries )..the scientific facts governed by the above three elements make Iran more advanced in this Tech..
Even Russia who started late in this field (and we all know and respect their defence industry)..still behind Iran and Israel in this technology.

They issue here, something they want to try and sugar coat is that they want to be considered as an advanced UAV (and other sectors too) power but at the same time rely entirely on key components such as engine on the outside world. I am afraid it does not work like that, putting a hardware together using imported bits and pieces is one thing, but to have the capability to deliver the near full needs of that system indigenously is another level all together. As the articles I have posted earlier show, the extend of Turkish defence industry is an import-assemble one with relatively low indigenous capability. This is not bad compared to the likes Persian Gulf Arab states that rely entirely on imports, but they should not get carried away comparing themselves to nations that actually do not heavily rely on the importing.

They issue here, something they want to try and sugar coat is that they want to be considered as an advanced UAV (and other sectors too) power but at the same time rely entirely on key components such as engine on the outside world. I am afraid it does not work like that, putting a hardware together using imported bits and pieces is one thing, but to have the capability to deliver the near full needs of that system indigenously is another level all together. As the articles I have posted earlier show, the extend of Turkish defence industry is an import-assemble one with relatively low indigenous capability. This is not bad compared to the likes Persian Gulf Arab states that rely entirely on imports, but they should not get carried away comparing themselves to nations that actually do not heavily rely on the importing.
They cannot produce anything in their country, they simply import everything and call themselves as a power with no logic 😂 but anyway I like their effort on pdf. 🤣🤣🤣

iran is more advanced because they used UAV in iran-iraq war lol!, what did you use? an rc toy with a couple of rpg loaded with eye sight correction and not onboard camera, ha ha, did you hit something? when iraqies push the radio button you lost control....

1612626025695.png

this is first turkish UAV in 1992, named "şahit" (shahid) , name similar right?

Turkey is still a main partner of most advanced fighter plane called f35 so Turkey is most advanced than iran according to logic that provided by iranian guys.

They cannot produce anything in their country, they simply import everything and call themselves as a power. 😂

Indeed, the only reason their defence industry has even the little to say that it does is due the perks of being a member of NATO and having access to western defence technology to import. Their lifeline is the west and they can chose to cut that off and any moment. See below:

"Before looking into weapon programs first a look over the shoulder. The present state of the Turkish defence industry is not a miracle made by Ankara, but the result of an intentional policy by NATO. In 1993, the Dutch antimilitarist research collective AMOK investigated arms exports and support for the Turkish armed forces and support for the defence-industry (published as “De Turkije-connectie” also published in English and German).

Turkey was seen at the time as one of NATO's Less Developed Defence Industry (LDDI) countries. NATO-countries like the US, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and UK, with more advanced armed forces and defence industries, commonly decided to help building the Turkish defence industry. NATO stands at the foundation of the
growth of Turkish military industry."

it is bull chit, in 1930s and 1940s Turkey was an aircraft manufacturer even exported to european countries one gifted to iran too. there were gun and bomb factories inside turkey but when we enter NATO league they deliberately destroyed turkish arm industry, we paid very high price for security, not the other way

Indeed, the only reason their defence industry has even the little to say that it does is due the perks of being a member of NATO and having access to western defence technology to import. Their lifeline is the west and they can chose to cut that off and any moment. See below:

"Before looking into weapon programs first a look over the shoulder. The present state of the Turkish defence industry is not a miracle made by Ankara, but the result of an intentional policy by NATO. In 1993, the Dutch antimilitarist research collective AMOK investigated arms exports and support for the Turkish armed forces and support for the defence-industry (published as “De Turkije-connectie” also published in English and German).

Turkey was seen at the time as one of NATO's Less Developed Defence Industry (LDDI) countries. NATO-countries like the US, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and UK, with more advanced armed forces and defence industries, commonly decided to help building the Turkish defence industry. NATO stands at the foundation of the
growth of Turkish military industry."

Turkey is an lucky country because they import anything, on the other IRAN produces everything. MASHALLAH IRAN ..

War and sanctions only made us stronger.

Turkey is an lucky country because they import anything, on the other IRAN produces everything. MASHALLAH IRAN ..

War and sanctions only made us stronger.

Iran's industry developed out of necessity, and of course given Iran's resistance against the western powers Iran was never going to gain access to western technology in the way others so. Iran's path is very difficult, but much more fruitful. As an example, today, despite all America's sanctions and effort, they cannot even put a dent in Iran's missile program. Whereas if Iran was reliant on importing, they could simply cut that off with one sanction.
it is bull chit, in 1930s and 1940s Turkey was an aircraft manufacturer even exported to european countries one gifted to iran too. there were gun and bomb factories inside turkey but when we enter NATO league they deliberately destroyed turkish arm industry, we paid very high price for security, not the other way

I am sorry, but we'll go with real historical facts over Turkish invented propaganda. Forgetting the fact that article is based on historical realities, it is also common sense. When one looks at Turkish defence industry, it is mostly western technology.

Iran's industry developed out of necessity, and of course given Iran's resistance against the western powers Iran was never going to gain access to western technology in the way others so. Iran's path is very difficult, but much more fruitful. As an example, today, despite all America's sanctions and effort, they cannot even put a dent in Iran's missile program. Whereas if Iran was reliant on importing, they could simply cut that off with one sanction.

I am sorry, but we'll go with real historical facts over Turkish invented propaganda. Forgetting the fact that article is based on historical realities, it is also common sense. When one looks at Turkish defence industry, it is mostly western technology.
@Philosopher let me applaude you for all the indepth research on this subject..all issues you have pointed to about any countries defence industry relying on foreign parts will eventually manifest itself on a prolonged combat situation and the endurance time a country can continue to fight...Turkey in my view can not tolerate a long conflict exactly due to her reliance on foreign imported components.

IRAN produces everything

as 500 proofed many times attaching a canon eaos camera into an rc toy giving it the shape of an US aircraft is not producing..

he some people who are also a drone power:

as 500 proofed many times attaching a canon eaos camera into an rc toy giving it the shape of an US aircraft is not producing..

It's 'proved', not proofed. I know many of you guys over here are residing in the likes of Germany and Netherlands, where your countrymen aren't exactly known for their intelligence, but if you want to have a constructive and informative discussion regarding complex weapon systems, at least show some intellectual ability.

I'm just going to leave this comment by the head of IDF's Intelligence Directorate here:

* On Iran: "The are somewhat like us. They value life and learning... They have monstrous/stupendous advanced technologies."

Last edited:
as 500 proofed many times attaching a canon eaos camera

Sure, show us this so called Cannon camera and what UAV it was.

Iran is producing multiple E/O seekers for its UAVs, this is while you're too busy importing Canadian sensors for your UAVs.

One example from over 5 years ago:

1612631088189.png

1612631104599.png

1612632009405.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 17.31.11.png

Iran produces dozens of different types of seekers, here are some ground based ones:

From Russian defence exhibition:

1612632172776.png

Iranian "Sadad" seeker used in Iraq:

1612632292094.png

RU3225:

1612632338779.png

RU1000:

1612632359684.png

1612632367329.png

IR-seeker for missiles and UAVs:

1612631313942.png

And of course, Iran is even producing seeker for anti-ship ballistic missiles, a technology far beyond anything you are able to produce:

1612631811387.png

You are simply outclassed. The extent of your capability is over-reliance on foreign assitant/import.

into an rc toy giving it the shape of an US aircraft is not producing..

Toys that Turkey could only hope of having its hand on?

1612630929928.png

These UAVs are technologically few decades ahead of anything you're able to produce, not counting importing more western technology of course.

The irony is even those RC UAVs are probably using engines made by the originating country, meanwhile Turkey cannot even produce a simple piston engine for its UAVs so I suppose you are even below these people that produce RC UAVs?

Last edited:
It's 'proved', not proofed

I hit some nerves huh?.. if you find more I can buy you some biscuits and a coffee :)

I gave my comment about some countrymen before your infantil attempt..

I also dont get why some people go into the fight with:

religious secterian fanatics paid by government raised by a brutal Dictatorship wich does not allow critical thinking and an open mind with massive supression of other thoughts a system that keeps people raised in a victim bubble so they are easyly manipulated and pushed into directions with speeches (victim life is so hard) or pumped up with goodies (you did fine)

taking anything serious here on a thread like this and certain people involved and the likes of people keeping pictures on their harddisk to reply on a forum all the same things again and again and repeating it does not require a certain nationality its seen on many people with disabled parts in their brain.. its a meaningless thing to talk to such attitutes because the only thing thy would want to hear and see is their enemy or someone praising him.. toying around with such people may be a thing that gives entertainment for 10 seconds.. thats how I value them..

as for iranian stuff as I said earlier and wich might have hurt some people its good for them.. but whats good for them may not be enough for Turkey..

so have a nice day and a good coffee and maybe to cover up some chauvinism you could from time to time say something face saving.. 😘

taking anything serious here on a thread like this and certain people involved and the likes of people keeping pictures on their harddisk to reply on a forum all the same things again and again and repeating it does not require a certain nationality its seen on many people with disabled parts in their brain.. its a meaningless thing to talk to such attitutes because the only thing thy would want to hear and see is their enemy or someone praising him.. toying around with such people may be a thing that gives entertainment for 10 seconds.. thats how I value them..

Are you using google translate? What a mess.

as for iranian stuff as I said earlier and wich might have hurt some people its good for them.. but whats good for them may not be enough for Turkey..

Turkey is more than welcome to continue importing from the west, just don't try to compare yourself to nations that do not need to resort to such things to keep their defence industry afloat.

this thread is an excellent insight into absolute turkish delusions.. complete utter delusions bordering on insanity,....

They managed to overwhelm poor armenia. a 3 million isolated landlocked improverished country with no allies. with sheer numbers of drones.. the armenians simply could not shoot enough down and were sitting ducks.

now these turks are puffing their chests. and thinking their assembled drones (from foreign imported critical parts) can actually compete with indigenous battle proven Iranian drones that have bypassed and humiliated "state of the art" multi-billion dollar american systems....

Are you using google translate? What a mess.

nope only my smartphone and deletin many things I wrote to make it pdf compatible my secterian, fanatic, dictatorship raised friend.. :)

I have a new idea for you.. you can install some software for textphrases if you cathegorize your answers and make a cathegory for each topic and user than after a small search you only need to copy paste your text and if your software is good enough than you will have text + pictures

Turkey is more than welcome to continue importing from the west, just don't try to compare yourself to nations that do not need to resort to such things to keep their defence industry afloat.

man you guys are so desperate to compare yourself with turkey.. such obsessed with your enemy turkey from your secterian point of view that you always fall into this shit.. except for trolling around no turk takes this here serious they ask themselves how obsessed people can be.. I know why and I know your kin really good and I have no illusions on you.. but same as them I dont take you guys serious why should I compare my beautiful homeland turkey with a banana republic?

you guys are the same cathegory like deluded armenians living in a bubble likewise pkk and their homies likewise you guys .. this little thing is something I know for many years thats somehow why you three say that you are brothers same brain same illusions maybe different in religion but not in general behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom