What's new

Iran and Saudi Arabia reportedly agree to resume diplomatic ties and re-open embassies within two months

An American Senator to "Riyadh": The fate of the United States is linked to its relations with the Kingdom

US Senator Joe Lieberman said in exclusive statements to Al-Riyadh newspaper: The fate of the United States is closely linked with the fate of its allies in the Middle East, led by Saudi Arabia, and this is something that the new generation of politicians in America must be aware of.

He added, talking about the policy of distancing from the Middle East is nothing but a foolish idea, and if we implement it, we will have risked the safety and stability of American society and the status of the United States, and any loss of our relationship with allies will cost us a heavy price in the future.

Lieberman pointed to the depth of the dimensions of the Saudi-American relationship, which is no longer confined to oil in exchange for security guarantees. Saudi Arabia today is not what it was in the region in the eighties of the last century. Rather, it has become a pivotal country that has opened up to new sectors and files in the Arab world and the international arena.

Adding, if we harm the relationship with Saudi Arabia today, we will face great challenges in trying to restore it later, and we must avoid making such mistakes.

Lieberman pointed out the necessity of teaching the new generation of American politicians the Arabic language, the history of US relations with the Middle East, the importance of this region for US national security, and hot files for Washington, such as the competition between America and China.

Lieberman believes that successive US administrations need to understand the accelerating changes in the Middle East, which have emerged in Saudi Arabia more than anywhere else, which requires a flexible US move to understand the changes and keep pace with them so that US interests in the region do not recede.

Lieberman praised President Biden's move, who visited Saudi Arabia last year, which was followed by visits by a number of US government delegations to Saudi Arabia, the latest of which was the participation of the US government delegation in the meetings of the joint working group between the United States and the Gulf Cooperation Council countries.

The New York Times newspaper:
Renewed Iranian-Saudi relations resulting from Chinese mediation mean "loss, loss, loss" for American interests

KSA considering globalization?
Yes.. Multi-polar globalization..

Last edited:
Shiah is not really too much different with Sunni. That political view of adoring Ali is something that is not really a dividing factor anymore under current modern time.

As long as you dont do Mutah married (contract married) then you are basically similar like Sunni. One of the major sins in Islam is Zinah and you should not legalize Zinah under disguise of Married Contract (Mutah).

Hi brother,

I agree with your latter message and appreciate it. That being said I would be careful calling something adultery which was halal at one point (according to you). It is a disrespect. As it WAS practiced during the time of the prophet(PBUH), when there were wars or Hijrats in which men were away from their wives for a prolonged period of time and lest they turn to adultery mutah was constituted. Also there is a reference towards what you are referring to in the holy Quran according to some Ahle Sunnah scholars. It is as following: Lawful for you is what is beyond all that, that you may seek, using your wealth, in wedlock and not in license. So those of them whom you enjoy, give them their appointed wages; it is no fault in you in agreeing together, after the due apportionate. God is All-Knowing, All-Wise" (4:24).

Russian Foreign Ministry:
We support the agreement of #Saudi Arabia and Iran to normalize relations, and we have contributed to the dialogue between the two countries

Russia:
We also played a role alongside the Sultanate of Oman and Iraq in normalizing relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
The normalization of relations between Tehran and Riyadh in an important region is a key factor in ensuring social and economic development.
@_AAN90

The White House :
We were shocked by the decision to restore Saudi-Iranian relations
We welcome any decision to restore stability in the region, especially Yemen

@Corruptistan (This is your post I replied to, incidently it becomes Mustang 125 post)

Basically my previous post is just a post made by me, Sunni Islam, to Shiah follower. That is view about Sunni vs Shiah divide that is mentioned by that Pakistani Shiah PDF member.

I believe the oldest Shia communities should be found in Iraq. I believe people who called some community in Madinah as the first Shiah is just the community who support Ali and basically almost all prophet family would be supporting Ali and prophet Muhammad family. Prophet Muhammad families were seen as danger politically by Umayyah and then Abassiyah.

The different between Sunni and Shiah I believe started in Basrah, Iraq. That is the first settlement of Arab soldiers in Iraq and become the military center for Ali Bin Abu Thalib administration. The different comes later, maybe about 300 years later after the hadiths being compiled and selected by famous Muslim and Bukhari. Hadith was compiled 200 years after the death of prophet. This is the reason of the division. If hadith is compiled much sooner, so basically there will be no much different between Sunni and Shiah, just different in political view and some interpretation about who are the best authority in interpreting Islam. Because of Shiah followers are opposition to Umayyah, they dont believe the compilation conducted during Umayyah period.

Shiah of course see prophet Muhammad offspring as one of the best authority to do it, and this is why their Imams come from prophet Muhammad family. Regardless of that, prophet Muhammad offspring are many and spread across Muslim world as they were prosecuted under Umayyah and Abassiyah due to their high position among Muslim (thus give them political weight that is afraid by rulers during that time)

We need to understand that the feud of Banu Hashim and Banu Ummayah did not start after the Holy prophets(PBUH) wafaat. It was a feud between two clans of ar
@Corruptistan (This is your post I replied to, incidently it becomes Mustang 125 post)

Basically my previous post is just a post made by me, Sunni Islam, to Shiah follower. That is view about Sunni vs Shiah divide that is mentioned by that Pakistani Shiah PDF member.

I believe the oldest Shia communities should be found in Iraq. I believe people who called some community in Madinah as the first Shiah is just the community who support Ali and basically almost all prophet family would be supporting Ali and prophet Muhammad family. Prophet Muhammad families were seen as danger politically by Umayyah and then Abassiyah.

The different between Sunni and Shiah I believe started in Basrah, Iraq. That is the first settlement of Arab soldiers in Iraq and become the military center for Ali Bin Abu Thalib administration. The different comes later, maybe about 300 years later after the hadiths being compiled and selected by famous Muslim and Bukhari. Hadith was compiled 200 years after the death of prophet. This is the reason of the division. If hadith is compiled much sooner, so basically there will be no much different between Sunni and Shiah, just different in political view and some interpretation about who are the best authority in interpreting Islam. Because of Shiah followers are opposition to Umayyah, they dont believe the compilation conducted during Umayyah period.

Shiah of course see prophet Muhammad offspring as one of the best authority to do it, and this is why their Imams come from prophet Muhammad family. Regardless of that, prophet Muhammad offspring are many and spread across Muslim world as they were prosecuted under Umayyah and Abassiyah due to their high position among Muslim (thus give them political weight that is afraid by rulers during that time)

One thing that we need to understand sir is that the rivalry between Banu Ummayah and Banu Hashim was not created after the Holy prophets (PBUH) wafaat. It was way before that as they were cousin clans. During the time of Hashim (which means crusher) as he was known and introduced to Arabia a dish which made of crushing bread with meat and make into a kind of stew with which he fed the poor, his contemporary abd shams (the father of Ummayah and grandfather of abu sufyan)could not gather that same fame, moving forward the time of Abdul Muttalib who inherited the same generosity, could ‘not be replicated by Ummayah . The biggest friction point happened when Banu Hashim the rival clan of Banu Ummayah got blessed with the honour of the final prophet (PBUH)being born there. Now they could not compete, they could compete with wealth or generosity (try to) but not with prophet hood. Hence the rivalry continued with Abu sufyan and the holy prophet (PBUH) that’s why they even tried to bribe the holy prophet (PBUH) in their ignorance that take the chiefdom of Quraish, the most beautiful women and/or the most money. What you see happening after the holy prophet(PBUH) is just a continuation. With Imam Ali and the enemity with him you need to understand the Battle of Badr, imam Ali and banu hashim killed Utbah bin rabiah (father in law of abu sufyan and father of Hinda) Walid bin utbah ( brother in law of Abu sufyan and Brother of a Hinda) and Shayba bin Rabiah ( uncle of Hinda and husband to abu sufyan sister) . Imam Ali was cursed during the reign of umayyads for 70’years on the pulpits of mosques during Friday prayers It is a unanimous fact. What Hinda did with hazrat hamza is also a unanimous fact. So it’s not exactly all black and white sir. @M. Sarmad @Mentee correct me where I am wrong sirs.

Last edited:
The most important provisions of the agreement that were signed in the Chinese-Saudi-Iranian statement regarding the return of Saudi-Iranian diplomatic relations:

- Security cooperation in extraditing wanted persons.
- Not to prejudice the internal affairs of states.
- Not supporting the militias in the region.
- Respecting the sovereignty of countries in the region and not undermining it.

While the United States remains the undisputed military power, aid provider, and political influence throughout the region, China is the Middle East's largest trading partner with a rapidly expanding role in investment and infrastructure construction.

Tuvia Gering, an academic and non-resident fellow at the Atlantic Council's Global China Center: "It used to be that the United States was the indispensable power.",, "Now China is the indispensable power in the Middle East - that's a fact."

Mark Dubowitz, CEO of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies; A think tank that supports tough policies towards Iran and China.
He said, “It showed that Saudi Arabia does not trust In Washington, Iran eases its isolation, and China "has become a major player of power politics in the Middle East..

Last edited:
The Chinese have truly caught the Americans off guard. Biden and the entire Western gang are shocked to the core. This is an absolute knock out punch. China is showcasing diplomacy of the highest order. This is epic.

Oh I see. You are just one of those Pakistanis who is drunk over Israel, the "zionists", and anything related to the West . Lol So anybody or country that says those words is all good by you.😆 Its ok though, there are quite a few memebers here that are like that. So I'm not surprised much..No point in debating much with someone who believes every single thing is the fault of Israel and the West and that any country in the world who doesnt agree with this is a western puppet. 😂

No, let's just pretend Tel Aviv has no stake in regional conflicts and never interferes in them, be it via the American regime whose policies towards West Asia happen to be heavily influenced by the Isra"el" lobby as demonstrated by professors Mearsheimer and Walt in their seminal work "The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy" (I'm guessing said American scholars are "drunk over Israel" too).

I understand it's so much more convenient to those who'd like to see antagonism between regional actors fanned for the benefit of extra-regional imperial powers. But other than a bunch of maniacs and/or simpletons, nobody's buying the narrative.

You mentioned the "axis of resistance" . Lmao. Dude you seem to have fully embraced the Mullahs propaganda to the extreme.😂 Hope you didnt join the shia militias Iran was recruiting in your country paksitan as cannon fodder to fight their war in Syria as the "axis of resistance "? 😂

What brilliant, comprehensive, disarming demonstration! Now we no longer have any doubts that the USA and zionist regimes haven't played any role whatsoever in plunging Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Lebanon into war. Those were just so-called "Middle Easterners" jumping at each other's throats because of some ancestral, deep seated ethnic and confessional hostilities burdening them akin to an inescapable fatality.

Last edited:
Oh I see. You are just one of those Pakistanis who is drunk over Israel, the "zionists", and anything related to the West . Lol So anybody or country that says those words is all good by you.😆 Its ok though, there are quite a few memebers here that are like that. So I'm not surprised much..No point in debating much with someone who believes every single thing is the fault of Israel and the West and that any country in the world who doesnt agree with this is a western puppet. 😂

In fact i will say that using your logic , your own country Pakistan is a western puppet as well. 🤣 In fact even Indonesia, Malaysia etc will be a western puppet. 😆

You mentioned the "axis of resistance" . Lmao. Dude you seem to have fully embraced the Mullahs propaganda to the extreme.😂 Hope you didnt join the shia militias Iran was recruiting in your country paksitan as cannon fodder to fight their war in Syria as the "axis of resistance "? 😂

Sour grapes, mate.

No, let's just pretend that Tel Aviv has no stake in regional conflicts and never interferes in them, be it via the American regime whose policies in West Asia happen to be heavily influenced by the Isra"el" lobby as demonstrated by professors Mearsheimer and Walt in their seminal work "The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy" (I'm guessing these American scholars are "drunk over Israel" too).

I understand it's so much more convenient to those who'd like to see antagonism between regional actors fanned for the benefit of extra-regional imperial powers. But other than a bunch of maniacs and/or simpletons, nobody's buying the narrative.

What brilliant, comprehensive, disarming demonstration! Now we've no longer have any doubt that the USA and zionist regimes haven't played any role whatsoever in plunging Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Lebanon into war. Those were just so-called "Middle Easterners" jumping at each other's throats because of some ancestral, deep seated ethnic and confessional hostilities burdening them akin to an inescapable fatality.

This guy is a hateful Indian. He pretends to be a Brit.

Hi brother,

I agree with your latter message and appreciate it. That being said I would be careful calling something adultery which was halal at one point (according to you). It is a disrespect. As it WAS practiced during the time of the prophet(PBUH), when there were wars or Hijrats in which men were away from their wives for a prolonged period of time and lest they turn to adultery mutah was constituted. Also there is a reference towards what you are referring to in the holy Quran according to some Ahle Sunnah scholars. It is as following: Lawful for you is what is beyond all that, that you may seek, using your wealth, in wedlock and not in license. So those of them whom you enjoy, give them their appointed wages; it is no fault in you in agreeing together, after the due apportionate. God is All-Knowing, All-Wise" (4:24).

Sunni Muslim see Muthah married as Haram.

LOL that Quran verse cannot be used to make mutah as Halal. It is very logic to see Muthah married as prostitution. The same thing, no different. I need to say this since the action can made any Muslim go to hell.

I have explained this as well to Bangladeshi in other forum.

Here I show you the explanation

This is Quran, An Nisa verse 24

Also ˹forbidden are˺ married women—except ˹female˺ captives in your possession.1 This is Allah’s commandment to you. Lawful to you are all beyond these—as long as you seek them with your wealth in a legal marriage, not in fornication. Give those you have consummated marriage with their due dowries. It is permissible to be mutually gracious regarding the set dowry. Surely Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

-----------------------------------

The Quran doesnt talk about Mutah, it is about normal marriage. In Islam of course the men needs to spend some money when they want to marry a women, it is called as Mahar

Maher (alternately transliterated as mahr, mahar, mehr, or mehrieh) is a contract some Muslims enter into upon marriage. In Islamic law, it is a gift or contribution made by the husband-to-be to his wife-to-be, for her exclusive property, as a mark of respect for the bride, and as recognition of her independence

And of course men needs wealth to marry any woman since in Islam men is responsible on the financial of the family while women dont have obligation for that matter. We cannot marry women if we dont have jobs, unless we are ready to have family under fragile situation and men is not really respected if they cannot become the source of income of their family.

Giving mahar in Islam is similar like Western/Modern time men give wedding ring to propose their girl freind

happy-young-man-proposing-to-his-girlfriend-and-giving-her-a-beautiful-engagement-ring.jpg

-------------------

The reason there is religion is also to make us control our desire, dont let desire (dunya) above faith, Iman, etc

The European Union:
The resumption of relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran could contribute to the stability of the region..

Fq7oXmYWcAA_ioq

The European Union:
The resumption of relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran could contribute to the stability of the region..

Fq7oXmYWcAA_ioq

Once the 9 years war and blockade on poor Muslims of Yemen end Iran can have good relations with Ale Saud

Sunni Muslim see Muthah married as Haram.

LOL that Quran verse cannot be used to make mutah as Halal. It is very logic to see Muthah married as prostitution. The same thing, no different. I need to say this since the action can made any Muslim go to hell.

I have explained this as well to Bangladeshi in other forum.

Here I show you the explanation

This is Quran, An Nisa verse 24

Also ˹forbidden are˺ married women—except ˹female˺ captives in your possession.1 This is Allah’s commandment to you. Lawful to you are all beyond these—as long as you seek them with your wealth in a legal marriage, not in fornication. Give those you have consummated marriage with their due dowries. It is permissible to be mutually gracious regarding the set dowry. Surely Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

-----------------------------------

The Quran doesnt talk about Mutah, it is about normal marriage. In Islam of course the men needs to spend some money when they want to marry a women, it is called as Mahar

Maher (alternately transliterated as mahr, mahar, mehr, or mehrieh) is a contract some Muslims enter into upon marriage. In Islamic law, it is a gift or contribution made by the husband-to-be to his wife-to-be, for her exclusive property, as a mark of respect for the bride, and as recognition of her independence

And of course men needs wealth to marry any woman since in Islam men is responsible on the financial of the family while women dont have obligation for that matter. We cannot marry women if we dont have jobs, unless we are ready to have family under fragile situation and men is not really respected if they cannot become the source of income of their family.

Giving mahar in Islam is similar like Western/Modern time men give wedding ring to propose their girl freind

happy-young-man-proposing-to-his-girlfriend-and-giving-her-a-beautiful-engagement-ring.jpg

-------------------

The reason there is religion is also to make us control our desire, dont let desire (dunya) above faith, Iman, etc
So do you deny that mutah ever happened or was allowed by the Holy prophet(PBUH)?

So do you deny that mutah ever happened or was allowed by the Holy prophet(PBUH)?
Nobody that I personally know has ever done mutah. So if you accept it was halal during the Holy Prophets( PBUH) time but was disallowed after his wafaat that’s a different story. Also don’t want to derail this thread so Wouldnlove to connect with you on a separate basis sir.

Mutah was allowed at time of holy Prophet ﷺ and first caliph, but it got forbided at time of second caliph.

There is an aya about it:

And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

[4:24] Sahih International Translation

Last edited:

Nobody that I personally know has ever done mutah. So if you accept it was halal during the Holy Prophets( PBUH) time but was disallowed after his wafaat that’s a different story. Also don’t want to derail this thread so Wouldnlove to connect with you on a separate basis sir.

There is reason why Sunni Islam see it as Haram. They have read many hadiths as well. There is also story this, story that, that is actually debatable to really exist.

This is why we have Quran. Quran is there to screen any story or hadiths as not all of them true, many are basically not said by prophet himself, this is why there is category on hadiths like strong, weak, false, etc.

I dont know why you are so defensive in relation to Mutah marriage ? Even though I am Sunni and some Ulama say this and that, I would be critical on what he said

We have brain, Quran, and heart. No need to follow our stream of Islam as if they are our God. This is why we need to read whole Quran (meaning), so we can understand the connecting line between all Quran verses. In the end, the responsibility is on us. We cannot say to God during the judgement day saying, " Oh God, I do this, because this Ulama said this is not Haram.

Mutah was allowed at time of holy Prophet ﷺ but it got forbided at time of second caliph.

There is a Qur'anic aya allowing it:

And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise [4:24]

I have explained the verse, look on my previous post.

Look like this verse is the favorit among Shiah follower to justify the Mutah married

Back
Top Bottom