What's new

Iran and Saudi Arabia reportedly agree to resume diplomatic ties and re-open embassies within two months

Sure, it is obviously the real deal by being signed by both parties and becoming official and everything. Only the Chinese guy in the middle (foreign minister I believe, I have seen him before) looked happy, lol.

I was more interested in whether you believe that the outcome of said deals will amount to concrete changes on the ground. This is what I am interested in seeing.

As I said above, I am no expert and I doubt there is ANYONE who is an expert on this or a seer who could predict the future.
I don't know anything about you as others have said that you have been using multiple ids etc. But you sure sound like the JHungary guy in the Ukraine-Russia war thread who drove people to just skip his long rantings!

Sure, but I am afraid that there are no active Saudi Arabian users any longer other than @The SC who is yet to comment on this thread strangely.

That aside, I was more thinking about what you as an Iranian is expecting of outcomes of this deal and agreement and the potential of KSA-Iran bilateral relations and as such increased people to people relations. I think that such increased relations will showcase to both parties how close they are to each other on many (if not most) fronts naturally.

Look at Europe post WW2. From being at constant war with each other, they seem to have relaxed a bit albeit the timing of my words (Ukraine-Russia) seems to be a bit counterproductive but overall they have been VERY quite considering their track record of the past.:lol:
Well.. they have been talking seriously many times in a row.. seems all or most conflicting interests have been solved and aligned..This was expected despite the media hypes..The choice and the decision are wise..

Yes, and tomorrow Iranians will continue smuggling weapons to Yemen and aiding backward terrorists such as Houthis because they happen to be anti-KSA.

Tell the truth, that most Iranians hate Arabs, hate Islam etc.

Only in Iran are people openly burning headscarves in the 100's, setting fire to mosques and disrespecting Islamic symbols on a daily basis. That and in occupied Palestine.

Half of the Iranian users on PDF are daily obsessing about Arabs while I am yet to see a single Arab user even mention Iran more than a few times.
There are some secret talks going on at the same time between KSA and the Houthis.. most likely it is part of the deal..

What has struck me, as I am trying absorb all the knowledge from today, including from my own damn job, is an uncanny feeling after watching Comments at the NY Times, at France 24, at BBC, at Al Jazeera, at WION etc is an EMBRACE of today's development between Iran and KSA!!
The world is yearning for peace. So should we not try to stop the Neo Cons??!!

Congratulations!

It's a very important meeting that can't be put off, usually there's no foreign affairs in Beijing during China's two sessions.

We cannot do anything if someone responds to your posts or likes it with an emoji, but if there are cases of personal insults towards you, please DM me the links to those posts. Apologies, I cannot quite go through the whole thread right now.

When it comes to highlighting countless striking similarities between an active account on the one hand and banned ones on the other, why wouldn't this be permitted? After all isn't it a breach of forum rules for banned members to resurface under new handles, and shouldn't other users be able to signal signs suggestive of such? Given the widespread availability of VPN's, the only means left to evidence a breach of this kind is by looking for similarities. Otherwise any banned person could return with ease. I kept it to two examples but could literally show dozens if required (those screen shots take time). Furthermore old time users such as @AmirPatriot and @aryobarzan have noticed the same. So I'm not issuing completely baseless insinuations, rather did I substantiate my statement with concrete indications and am moreover able to produce many more of these. If this isn't considered definitive proof, it could nonetheless remain visible for readers to make up their own mind as to whether this amount of analogy can be dismissed as mere coincidence.

Last edited:
You are not telling me anything new that I did not know ages ago and that I did not already write in this very thread long ago.
I see only two things in those early pages: optimism and you. 😅

Your words:

The Chinese (at least many of them) want to replace the US as the main sheriff.

As far as I know, nonone serious of Chinese want China to replace the US as the main sheriff.
The thing is, providing security to those gulf royals and emirates is sometimes essential to get the support you need from them, it is not something from China's playbook but certain situations in the future may call for China to step up its game

Agree completely on this one. Iran during the Shah period was much more limited and inward looking. Since nationalist Iran of the shah era didnt have any persian takers regionally, so they couldn't use that to influence Arab states(who are all fervent islamic by nature). So the Islamic revolution of 1979 and the mullah hijacking the revolution actually helped shaped Iran's foreign policy to be much more aggresssive in expansion and exporting their version of Islam and influence thereafter. The shah by contrast never really engaged in such endeavours, I guess that was the reason why there wasnt much sectarian issues and fight for influence with KSA and other Arab countries in the region back then, if anything there was no issues between both sides.
In terms of gaining influence, leverage and proxies over neighbouring states in the region i will say the Mullahs have done a far better than the shah nationalistic Iran. So it depends on which angle we look at it. Some will argue that the Islamic revolution and rise of the Mullahs was the start of instability, wars and sectarian conflicts of influence in the region as well, depends on which angle we look at it.

Ever heard of the Nixon doctrine whereby the shah was designated as the "gendarme of the Persian Gulf" and main guarantor of western interests in the area, flooding Iran with overpriced weaponry (and American advisers to perform maintenance)? Of the Iranian intervention in Oman to clamp down on the pro-Soviet Dhofar rebellion in the early 1970's?

However it's true that the Islamic Republic has been the sole source of actual power for Iran in modern times, since whatever presence the shah regime had outside Iran's borders, it was at the behest of the west and as second fiddle to the latter. Whereas today Iran is enjoying full fledged independence, sovereignty and decision-making autonomy.

Also the Islamic Republic's foreign policy is not aimed at gaining regional influence per se, nor is it confining itself to alliance with Shia Islamic movements (ie its outlook is not sectarian): Iran's objective is to see West Asia free of illegitimate encroachment by oppressive NATO and zionist imperialists, full stop. Iran's strategy is not to provoke wars but consists in inviting local actors to emancipate themselves from imperial overlordship, and assisting those who do. To this end Sunni Moslems such as Palestinian Resistance groups and even non-Moslem countries such as Venezuela and Korea are welcome partners to Iran.

Any and all conflict since 1979 involving the Islamic Republic or the Iranian-led Axis of the Resistance has been the result of aggressive reaction by extra-regional, western imperial powers to this Iranian policy principle. These wars have not been a consequence of rivalry between Iran and Saudi Arabia at all, and much less so of supposed expansive ambitions on Iran's part, but of the Islamic Revolution's staunchly anti-imperialist orientation and the zio-American empire consequently using its regional clients as proxies to try and counter Iran, as they did with Saddam during his 1980-1988 war of aggression, in Afghanistan against the Soviets, in Ukraine by installing an anti-Russian regime in Kiev etc.

Last edited:
00003.jpg
00004.jpg

In my eyes, there is a Saudi/Arab shill lol I could care less for Iranians or saudis but don’t lie to yourself atleast. Just to reiterate one thing, Hazrat Salman was a sahaba of Iranian origin and some arabs during the Holy prophets (PBUH) time used to dislike him because of him not being Arab. Guess what? He turned out to be one of the greatest Sahabas for the Holy prophet(PBUH). So islam does not
Look at race or ethnicity for being a good Muslim. So GTFOH here with this bullshit and stop lying to yourself while being shah se ziada shah ke wafadaar. You guys ain’t fooling anybody.

I am a Shia of the holy prophet and imam Ali and proudly I am. I have seen so much hate for Shias that some member said we are worse then Jews. Lol. Guess what you forget that we are MUSLIMS. So what if there is a disagreement on the successor ship of the prophet (PBHUH)? I don’t bitch at anybody for saying the person who I think should be first is 4th lol. If this is the case with PDF and this blatant abuse continues then I will not think twice before leaving this platform. Allah (SWT) sab ko hidayat de.

Shiah is not really too much different with Sunni. That political view of adoring Ali is something that is not really a dividing factor anymore under current modern time.

As long as you dont do Mutah married (contract married) then you are basically similar like Sunni. One of the major sins in Islam is Zinah and you should not legalize Zinah under disguise of Married Contract (Mutah).

Well.. they have been talking seriously many times in a row.. seems all or most conflicting interests have been solved and aligned..This was expected despite the media hypes..The choice and the decision are wise..

There are some secret talks going on at the same time between KSA and the Houthis.. most likely it is part of the deal..

I don't disagree. The main point however is to see if changes on the ground emerge. Once/if they do it is a different discussion and very much welcome news. However a lot of people are skeptical, me included, based on 43 years of track record overall. As I wrote, I hope to be proven wrong.

Regional stability is the best thing that can happen for the ongoing development of KSA and the wider GCC.

There has been a ceasefire in Yemen for 1 year or so by now.

Shiah is not really too much different with Sunni. That political view of adoring Ali is something that is not really a dividing factor anymore under current modern time.

As long as you dont do Mutah married (contract married) then you are basically similar like Sunni. One of the major sins in Islam is Zinah and you should not legalize Zinah under disguise of Married Contract (Mutah).

It has nothing to do with Sunni vs Shia. It is about geopolitical influence in the region. The sectarian narrative is usually the Western narrative. Every Islamic sect within Sunni and Shia Islam (Hanbalis, Shafi'is, Malikis, Hanafis + Twelvers, Zaydis and Ismailis) is found natively within the various regions of KSA and all of them live peacefully. The oldest Shia community in the world is found in Madinah. ARAMCO and other huge Saudi Arabian companies based in the Eastern Province, much of their local personal are Shia. Shias in KSA are part of every field in KSA, governmental, military, business, private sector, you name it. Include the Sufis and Salafis.

All those sects within KSA belong to the same ethnic group and the same ancient tribes, clans etc. This probably helps the cohesion but just stating the obvious here. If the opposite was the case, KSA would have fallen apart ages ago.

Last edited:
This is the topmost headline on NY Times right now. As I said yesterday, Biden administration is very likely to be ranked the worst in American foreign policy!

"“There is no way around it — this is a big deal,” said Amy Hawthorne, deputy director for research at the Project on Middle East Democracy, a nonprofit group in Washington. “Yes, the United States could not have brokered such a deal right now with Iran specifically, since we have no relations. But in a larger sense, China’s prestigious accomplishment vaults it into a new league diplomatically and outshines anything the U.S. has been able to achieve in the region since Biden came to office.”

Back
Top Bottom