What's new

Iran and India relation Banking oil gas culture economy

@yavar

Good thread bud! I believe the possibility of cooperation between India and Iran should cross beyond just Oil gas or Financial transactions. We can collaborate in the field of education, Science and technology. I know quite a lot guys from Sharif University, studying in US, you people have brilliant academic background.
Yes, it will happen. Tbh i think INdia was "staying away" from Iran mainly beccause of sanctions and US pressure. That has reduced considerably now so we can see new devt. Also, I think Afghanistan has learnt that India and Iran are better partners than Pakistan....its quite obvious now.

Iran, once an international outcast due to its controversial nuclear programme, has expressed hope it can work in tandem with India to enhance nuclear safety and knowledge management in the region to prevent “accidents”. The country also plans to invite India to participate in the annual VVER Technology Forum next year. “We have common issues. Both countries use VVER (Water-Water Energetic Reactor) technologies. Both have developed research activities and they could follow that. We have similar interests in the nuclear programme from the safety point of view. Things could be done very easily. We hope things could be extended in a more tangible manner in the future,” Naser Rastkhah, who heads the Iran Nuclear Regulatory Authority, told media.

Rastkhah is participating in the 11th International Public Forum-Dialogue “Nuclear Energy, Environment, Safety”. “Next year we are going to host the VVER Forum and we will invite the (nuclear) regulatory body of India,” Rastkhah said.

Banking on India’s long-standing experience in nuclear safety, Rastkhah raised concerns over the dearth of knowledge among countries that are foraying into the nuclear energy sector in the region.

“From the regulatory point of view, we belong to the same region and any accident anywhere is an accident everywhere. India has a very good experience long before Iran in this regard and they could probably cooperate with our nuclear regulatory authority to increase safety in the region… to of course prevent accidents.”

“Most of the newcomers in the region have least knowledge in safety of (using) nuclear energy. If people are aware, safety is there. Usually we are influenced by lack of information. If we could extend our collaboration with the Indian regulatory body, we are on the safe side,” he noted.

Earlier this year, India and Iran took a major step in boosting connectivity and trade with the inking of an agreement on the Chabahar port. Prime Minister Narendra Modi held talks with the Iranian leadership and said that the time has come for both sides to “regain the past glory of the relationship”. The two sides also signed 12 agreements, including on science and technology, culture and railways and three on the port itself.

India and Iran are not members of the Nuclear Suppliers Group. Asked about India’s bid for membership and China blocking its entry into the group, Rastkhah clarified he has no information on this. Iran’s nuclear programme began in the 1950s and has had a chequered past.

On July 14, 2015, Iran clinched a deal with five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany, or P5+1, ending a decade-long dispute over its controversial nuclear programme.

The agreement resulted in the lifting of international and Western nuclear-related economic and financial sanctions on Iran in exchange for wide-scale limitation on the country’s nuclear activities for a specific period of time.

Focusing on the current scenario, Rastkhah flagged issues with countries in the southern part of the Persian Gulf.

“I am very much concerned about the southern part of the Persian Gulf. Clean energy in the region is nice, but there is lack of knowledge and it is very difficult to manage. Our people say ‘never we want another Fukushima’,” he added.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...n-nuclear-safety-accident-prevention-4393377/

https://defence.pk/threads/iran-wan...on-nuclear-safety-accident-prevention.462996/

India cooperated to implement UN-mandated sanctions against Iran: US Report

India, a major buyer of oil from Iran, has implemented UN-mandated sanctions against it, a bipartisan Congressional report has said amid the Trump administration’s efforts to muster international support against Tehran after conducting a missile test.

The independent Congressional Research Service (CRS) said in its latest report said that India began reducing economic relations with Iran in 2010 when India’s central bank ceased using a Tehran-based regional body, the Asian Clearing Union, to handle transactions with Iran.

“India implemented UN-mandated sanctions against Iran and generally cooperated with multilateral efforts to use sanctions to achieve a nuclear agreement with Iran,” the report which was presented to lawmakers on Monday.

CRS is the independent research wing of the US Congress which prepares periodic report on issues of interest for lawmakers for them to make informed decisions. Its report are not considered as official report of the US Congress.

In its 42-page report CRS notes that during 2010-2016, India’s private sector described Iran as a “controversial market” a term used by many international firms to describe markets that entail reputational and financial risks.

In January 2012, Iran agreed to accept India’s currency rupee to settle 45% of its oil sales to India, which Iran mostly used to buy Indian wheat, pharmaceuticals, rice, sugar, soybeans, auto parts and other products.

“India reduced its imports of Iranian oil substantially after 2011 - by the time of the JPA, Iran was only supplying about six per cent of India’s oil imports, down from over 16% in 2008. India incurred significant costs to retrofit refineries that were handling Iranian crude. However, since the JCPOA, oil imports apparently have increased to close to 2011 levels,” the report said.

Indian firms ended or slowed work on investments in Iranian oil and gas fields—work that is likely to resume now that sanctions have been lifted, CRS said, adding that India and Iran are considering using Turkey’s Halkbank to transfer to Iran $6.5 billion for oil purchased by India during 2012-2016.

In 2015, India and Iran agreed that India would help develop Iran’s Chahbahar port that would enable it to trade with Afghanistan unimpeded by Pakistan.

“With sanctions on Iran now lifted, that project no longer entails risk to Indian firms involved. In May 2016, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Iran and signed an agreement to invest $500 million to develop the port and related infrastructure,” CRS said.

The report came as US President Donald Trump criticised Iran over its actions. The White House put Iran “on notice” over the move and vowed to take action, setting the stage for confrontation between the two nations.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...n-us-report/story-oCAZLc2vWSU9ZYp835ttgO.html

@yavar You pathetic fcuk sl*t....i have told you before not to drag Pakistan in here
Your country has a stellar record of exporting terror in Syria being involved in the murder of 200,000 civilians
So don't talk about Pakistan exporting terror particularly on a Pakistani forum
If you have an ounce of self respect you wouldn't crawl in here and throw mud at Pakistan while using a Pakistani forum....but i guess self respect eludes your kind

STFU...Your country does more harm... Ill talk about Pakistani terror in a Pakistani forum...if the truth hurts do something about it...Self respect? Bitch plz learn what the words mean..

Example of India Iran partnership
GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

So you are an other fellow Mulla. My extremist friend :)
I agree your subjects in Pakistan are most extremists and ungrateful people, but I'm not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom