What's new

Iran and India have similar views on Afghanistan

Because main part of Taliban went to Pakstan,it still has strong presence in Afghanistan though.

What are you defending here?Your own people Are victims of Taliban terrorism.
Isn't Malala,the innocent girl in your avatar,a good example?who the hell are you defending here?
Taliban?really?

Pakistan support Pashtons and their share in power as the are largest ethnicity, We do it for our own interests as we also have millions of Pashtons who have their families on other-side of border and norther alliance is more hostile towards Pakistan, so it's natural for us to side with the party to whom we can influence using cross border family relations and cultural ties and make our border peaceful as nobody else will take care of our interests.

Regarding Taliban - TTP & AT are different, first one is fighting against Pak, second is fighting against US+NATO.

paan singh stop being retard, how do we destroyed afghanistan exactly? start giving explanation not bullcrap

After the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan in 1988-89, American concern about that country and South Asia in general diminished. Pakistan, however, remained focused on its rivalry with India. During the 1990s, then, Pakistan supported the rise of the Taliban, for several reasons: to restore order in what had become a chaotic country, to promote an Islamist ally that would sympathize with Pakistan over Kashmir and thus resist Indian influence, to establish a secure road network across Afghanistan to link Pakistan with newly independent Central Asia (thus benefiting the politically powerful Pakistani trucking industry), and even to extend Pakistani influence across Afghanistan into Central Asia. The Pakistani military and security services also believed that having an ally in Afghanistan would give Pakistan “strategic depth” in any future confrontation with India (though precisely what this meant and how it would work were ill-defined and poorly thought out).

Middle East Policy Council | Pakistan and the "War on Terror"

I said above that lust of strategic depth.Even 1-2 yrs back pakistan said that they want pro pakistan A-stan then other neighbors of the A-stan raised eyebrows on it ...why u want pro pakistan A-stan?

Policy of seeking strategic depth has changed, US told | DAWN.COM

Pak is with Arabs and Turkey. The decision by Iranians and afghans to ignore us will make our alliances with the already respected countries I pointed plus china to further increase. Good for all of us....
brace yourself for more bombings and target killing of shias in Pakistan thn, No thank you.

According to Pakistani Afghanistan expert Ahmed Rashid, "between 1994 and 1999, an estimated 80,000 to 100,000 Pakistanis trained and fought in Afghanistan" on the side of the Taliban against the United Front.

In 2001 alone, according to several international sources, 28,000-30,000 Pakistani nationals, 14,000-15,000 Afghan Taliban and 2,000-3,000 Al Qaeda militants were fighting against anti-Taliban forces in Afghanistan as a roughly 45,000 strong military force. Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf – then as Chief of Army Staff – was responsible for sending thousands of Pakistanis to fight alongside the Taliban and Bin Laden against the forces of Ahmad Shah Massoud. Of the estimated 28,000 Pakistani nationals fighting in Afghanistan, 8,000 were militants recruited in madrassas filling regular Taliban ranks.

Gulbuddin Hekmatyar received operational, financial and military support from Pakistan. Afghanistan expert Amin Saikal concludes in Modern Afghanistan: A History of Struggle and Survival:
Pakistan was keen to gear up for a breakthrough in Central Asia. [...] Islamabad could not possibly expect the new Islamic government leaders [...] to subordinate their own nationalist objectives in order to help Pakistan realize its regional ambitions. [...] Had it not been for the ISI's logistic support and supply of a large number of rockets, Hekmatyar's forces would not have been able to target and destroy half of Kabul.

In November 2001, Taliban, Al-Qaeda combatants and ISI operatives were safely evacuated from Kunduz on Pakistan Army cargo aircraft to Pakistan Air Force bases in Chitral and Gilgit in Pakistan's Northern Areas in what has been dubbed the "Airlift of Evil"

In 2000, the UN Security Council imposed an arms embargo against military support to the Taliban, with UN officials explicitly singling out Pakistan. The UN secretary-general implicitly criticized Pakistan for its military support and the Security Council stated it was "deeply distress[ed] over reports of involvement in the fighting, on the Taliban side, of thousands of non-Afghan nationals". In July 2001, several countries including the United States, accused Pakistan of being "in violation of U.N. sanctions because of its military aid to the Taliban"

What's with all the denying?You wanna say you didn't support Taliban?they didn't destroy Afghanistan?Ok,no problem,but for God's sake,don't accuse Iran of first lies tha come to your mind if you see any of us criticize Taliban.

What I want to say is that,Iran's opposition to Taliban,doesn't mean we are enemies of Pakistan,you guys should accept that.
Just like Pakistan who is mutual friend of Iran and Saudi Arabia.Have we ever complained why you have good relations with KSA?no,because it's not any of our business.
We are friends,with both Pakistan and India,and yes,it's possible,AT THE SAME TIME.

That thing i already said in my first post, Iran's relation with NA is not a new those since decades and so is India's. and it's a common sense that they have similar view i.e. NA to be in power. and both are trying to safeguard their interests and there is nothing wrong. Pakistan don't trust on NA and can't support only NA as we think without including majority (Pashtons) any kind of arrangement will again result into civil war and we will be effected most with this sh!t as we share uncontrolled border with them.

But one thing is not mentioned here that Iran & Pakistan also share similar views that US must leave the region and must not have their basis here - but India wants that they must keep their presence here.

Pakistan should be with anyone who is in its interests,be it US,Iran,Turkey or Arabs.

But about Afghanistan,you should accept your policies is not very popular among them,it almost destroyed the whole country.
Afghans will decide what's best for 'them',not the best for their neighbors.They are sick of 30 years of war,killing,drugs,blood and aggression.

Well you are correct in your part, but i'm telling you the reality of our government and their policy making.

I said above that lust of strategic depth.Even 1-2 yrs back pakistan said that they want pro pakistan A-stan then other neighbors of the A-stan raised eyebrows on it ...why u want pro pakistan A-stan?

That's the most childish argument i have seen, Tell me why India want Pro-India Bangladesh? Why Indian want NA in power (who is Pro-India). Which country on earth want that hostile neighbor. Even every normal person don't want that there should be any hostile person in the street he lives - i don't know what the yindoo logic is in this?

That's the most childish argument i have seen, Tell me why India want Pro-India Bangladesh? Why Indian want NA in power (who is Pro-India). Which country on earth want that hostile neighbor. Even every normal person don't want that there should be any hostile person in the street he lives - i don't know what the yindoo logic is in this?

Here Pro-pakistan A-stan means only pro pakistan not pro to others ...

Thats y tag of strategic depth had to drop by pakistan coz earlier pakistan used it as training center of terrorist.

and where we used bangladesh as training center of terrorist?

At what cost?even if it leads to mass murder of people of that nation?it's a crime against humanity.Taliban is responsible for death of thousands Afghans.
Taliban is killing people of your own country or terrorizing them.Malala was the last one.isn't that enough?till where you will support these criminals?
Why don't you accept these historical facts?or that your governments made terrible mistakes in the past?

Here Pro-pakistan A-stan means only pro pakistan not pro to others ...

Thats y tag of strategic depth had to drop by pakistan coz earlier pakistan used it as training center of terrorist.

and where we used bangladesh as training center of terrorist?

Stop your brain farts - We have seen India's a$$ on fire whenever there is pro-Pak action from Bangladesh or Srilanka. You forgot that you showed Pakistan path by training mukti bahinis in 70s.

We don't have objection A-stan being Pro-Iran, Pro-Turkmanistan etc. besides being Pro-Pakistan as Iran, Turkmanistan, Tajikstan etc are also their neghbour - India is the only enemy of Pak in this region and we can't have Pro-India A-stan as India first conspired against eastern Pak and now supporting terrorists to destabilize Baluchistan & KPK.

Yes - If india resolve disputes with Pak and stops supporting terrorist organizations like TTP, BLA etc. than we will be more than happy to provide land trade route.

At what cost?even if it leads to mass murder of people of that nation?it's a crime against humanity.Taliban is responsible for death of thousands Afghans.
Taliban is killing people of your own country or terrorizing them.Malala was the last one.isn't that enough?till where you will support these criminals?
Why don't you accept these historical facts?or that your governments made terrible mistakes in the past?

In civil war that was not one sided, After 9/11 most of Afghans are killed on the hands of US+Nato.
And for me Pakistan & People of Pakistan first as for you Iran & Iranians are first.

In civil war that was not one sided, After 9/11 most of Afghans are killed on the hands of US+Nato.
And for me Pakistan & People of Pakistan first as for you Iran & Iranians are first.
Yes,But we don't kill Afghans or other people for sake of Iranians,that's the difference.

US is whole another story,they are used to kill people of other countries for sake of their own people,and you did the same.

Yes,But we don't kill Afghans or other people for sake of Iranians,that's the difference.

US is whole another story,they are used to kill people of other countries for sake of their own people,and you did the same.

We also didn't not killed Afghans, They killed & killing each other. Anyways Thread is going to derail :-) Shab-Bakhair

Back
Top Bottom