What's new

Iran Almost Invaded Afghanistan in 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Google is banned in Iran or not but...

Fifty-two American diplomats and citizens were held hostage for 444 days from November 4, 1979, to January 20, 1981, after a group of Iranian college students belonging to the Muslim Student Followers of the Imam's Line, who supported the Iranian Revolution, took over the U.S. Embassy in Tehran.

There is also a thread running about the knife wielding mob who attacked and held hostage British diplomats.

What else do you wanna know my friends? Their family names? how family backgrounds, how many times they married or got divorced? How many kids they had? Where they went to kindergarten/school and whom they had their first crush? What are their toilet routines? :-)

BTW, can you give us the names of those diplomats who were kidnapped by Talibans?
So we've all learned that the American diplomats were not kidnapped/injured or even killed by Iran but were taken hostage back in 1979 .. but can you tell me why it happened?

While we are on that case:
On 21 November 1979, Pakistani people, enraged by a radio report claiming that the United States had bombed the Masjid al-Haram, Islam's holy site at Mecca, stormed the U.S. embassy in Islamabad, and burned it to the ground.[1] The Grand Mosque had suffered a terrorist attack, but the U.S. was not involved. The U.S. diplomats survived by hiding in a reinforced area. Marine Security Guard Corporal Steven Crowley, 20, Army Warrant Officer Bryan Ellis, 30, and two Pakistan staff members were killed in the attack.

Or​
Attack on the Egyptian Embassy in Pakistan
Two men approached the embassy at approximately 9:30 am[9] and killed its security detail with their guns and grenades. A vehicle described alternately as either a pick-up truck or a small car resembling a taxi loaded with a 250-pound bomb then rushed into the compound. The driver set off the bomb, blowing apart the gates.[10] Three minutes later, a Jeep carrying a second, larger bomb also detonated and the side of the building crumbled.[9][10] The Japanese and Indonesian embassies were also damaged, as was a nearby bank.

Or

June 2002 attack
On the morning of June 14, 2002, a truck with a fertilizer bomb driven by a suicide bomber was detonated outside the United States Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan. Twelve people were killed and 51 injured, all Pakistanis.[9]

A group called al-Qanoon claimed responsibility for the attack. However, the incident is believed to have been connected with al-Qaeda and the US War on Terror although no conclusive links were proven. Several people were arrested in the aftermath of the attack, and were reported to be members of Harkat-ul-Mujahideen, a large insurgent organisation. In November 2004, the alleged mastermind of the attack, Naveed-ul Hassan, was arrested in Pakistan.[10]

February 2003 shooting
On February 28, 2003, gunmen killed two police officers and wounded five other officers and a civilian in front of the consulate. The attack was conducted from motorcycles, and was deliberately aimed at the paramilitary rangers who have taken over guard duties at the consulate from the Pakistani police.[11]

March 2004 bomb plot
On March 15, 2004, there was another attempt to blow up a van in front of the consulate. A grey van was stolen the day before after the driver was shot in the leg. The same van with different plates was later found parked in front of the US Consulate at 7:15 am. When the driver of the parked van was questioned by the police, he claimed that the van had broken down. Soon after, the man was picked up by another car. The police investigated the van and discovered a large blue tank filled with nearly 200 gallons of liquid explosives hooked up to a timer and two detonators. The device was deactivated.[12]

March 2006 bombing
On March 2, 2006, a suicide car bomb killed four people and injured thirty outside the Marriott Hotel in Karachi, which is about 20 yards from the consulate. Among the dead was David Foy, an American diplomat and three Pakistanis. It appears that Foy was the direct target of the bomber, who detonated his vehicle in the car park behind the consulate as Foy arrived. The bomb was reported to be the most powerful attack of its kind in Karachi, and it left a two-metre crater in the car park and destroyed at least ten nearby cars.[13]

Last edited:
So we've all learned that the American diplomats were not kidnapped/injured or even killed by Iran but were taken hostage back in 1979 .. but can you tell me why it happened?

Aha, so you are trying to say that taking hostage of diplomats by host country is acceptable, because it is not called "kidnapping/injuring or even killing"

Iranian logic.

You never stop amusing us :lol:

Let me tell you, how the world sees it: It is worst than a terrorist sneaking into embassy and manage to attack it. Why? Because it is not done by the mobs under protection of the hosts.

This is the reason that when Russian ambassador was killed in Turkey by a terrorist, Russians did not blame the Turkish govt.
But if some mobs would have taken him hostage with the patronage of Turkish govt, it would have been a major international escalation.

But I seriously don't blame you, the madrassah education system in Iran needs serious reforms.

Last edited:
Aha, so you are trying to say that taking hostage of diplomats by host country is acceptable, because it is not called "kidnapping/injuring or even killing"

Iranian logic.

You never stop amusing us :lol:
How did u get this from my post? as I said:

"..So we've all learned that the American diplomats were not kidnapped/injured or even killed by Iran but were taken hostage back in 1979 .. but can you tell me why it happened?.."
Show me were I said taking hostage of diplomats by host country is acceptable .. besides you didn't answer my Q which was" can you tell me why it happened?"

Not to mentioned I amused that you didn't say anything on burning U.S. embassy in Islamabad to the ground in 1979, is it acceptable?

How did u get this from my post? as I said:

"..So we've all learned that the American diplomats were not kidnapped/injured or even killed by Iran but were taken hostage back in 1979 .. but can you tell me why it happened?.."
Show me were I said taking hostage of diplomats by host country is acceptable .. besides you didn't answer my Q which was" can you tell me why it happened?"

Not to mentioned I amused that you didn't say anything on burning U.S. embassy in Islamabad to the ground in 1979, is it acceptable?

So let me put my questions this way:

Q1): Do you agree that taking hostage of foreign diplomats is a very very serious offense and must be condemned at every level?

AND

Q2) Do you condemn that Iran had taken hostage of foreign diplomats?

Yes or No?

So let me put my questions this way:

Q1): Do you agree that taking hostage of foreign diplomats is a very very serious offense and must be condemned at every level?

AND

Yes or No?

These questions are worthless as long as you're playing blind to the context of the situation.

These questions are worthless as long as you're playing blind to the context of the situation.

Your reply verifies why should such questions not be asked to a primitive mullah madrassah graduate.

However I am quite sure that a member who seems like a little less emotional in his writings can surely reply them.

Your reply verifies why should such questions not be asked to a primitive madrassah graduate but a member.

However I am quite sure that a member who seems like a little less emotional in his writings can surely reply them.

Try writing in proper English so I can understand you. You don't even have the capability to put simple sentences together.

Try writing in proper English so I can understand you. You don't even have the capability to put simple sentences together.

" Your reply verifies why should such questions not be asked to a primitive mullah madrassah graduate.

However I am quite sure that a member with no negative ratings and who seems to be a little less emotional in his writings can surely reply them. "

(Hint: the later is not you)

Corrected the typos. Since English is not my first language, I do hope that my sentences were understandable for a "scholar in English literature" like you? :lol:

Far cry from being injured and killed

"

Corrected the typos. Since English is not my first language, I do hope that my sentences were understandable for a "scholar in English literature" like you? :lol:

Mate, the point is, if you can't conduct yourself in a discussion, then don't get involved. The unfortunate fact for you is that this is not just a language barrier, it's a brain barrier. You just don't have the mental capability to engage in such discussions.

Mate, the point is, if you can't conduct yourself in a discussion, then don't get involved. The unfortunate fact for you is that this is not just a language barrier, it's a brain barrier. You just don't have the mental capability to engage in such discussions.

You guys conversing with Coffee?

Ok professor, I have quite a thick skin to take personal insults seriously. Only those who run out of arguments to conclude something logically need help of abuses. So lets get back to two main simple questions that I have put:

AND

Yes or No?

Ok professor, I have quite a thick skin to take personal insults seriously. Only those who run out of arguments to conclude something logically need help of abuses. So lets get back to two main simple questions that I have put:

AND

Yes or No?

Repeating the same comment like a parrot will not change the situation for you. Like I said earlier, you're pretending to be blind to the context. Context is very important. Try to understand why the situation occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom