What's new

Iran - Ally or Foe for Pakistan

Ayatollah Khomeini lived a significant portion of his life in Kashmir, and I find it odd that he would not support the independence of Kashmir.

local interst first but u ppl look for ummah.how many muslim nations voiced for pakistan losses in wot??even blames are on the countries like uae,arabia for financing terror in pak.:azn:

Iran is an important regional player today, and they look set to grow much more powerful in the future.

It is a good idea to cooperate with them where possible.

local interst first but u ppl look for ummah.how many muslim nations voiced for pakistan losses in wot??even blames are on the countries like uae,arabia for financing terror in pak.:azn:

Islam says to worry about your own problems first before worrying about other people's problems.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Iran is an important regional player today, and they look set to grow much more powerful in the future.

It is a good idea to cooperate with them where possible.

Yes, that might be true to some extent, but if they are against Pakistani interests and if they are supporting Indian interests, what makes you think Iran will support Chinese interests?

this is truth,so u agree with my post??:lol:who is worried about you??

All the Muslim majority countries are looking after their own national interests.

Look, the relationship between two Muslim countries or any other country has to be based on just and moral principles.
There cannot be a one-sided sacrifice in order to help the other.

Iran is not an ally, nor is it an enemy. Most Pakistanis don't understand how to deal with a neutral nation. For all they are worth, to us this is what they are, Neutral.

Islam says to worry about your own problems first before worrying about other people's problems.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Yes, that might be true to some extent, but if they are against Pakistani interests and if they are supporting Indian interests, what makes you think Iran will support Chinese interests?

I think we Pakistanis need to stop being such reactionaries. Iran is not Anti-Pakistan, our government does not know how to promote our interests with other countries. If you talk to Iranians, you would be surprised to find how many times the Iranians say we have stepped on their toes and we are not even aware of those offences. How hard have we tried to be kind to Iran. We have our Sunni Mullahs blowing up shias in their Mosques. How do you think such stories play out in Iran. I am a Sunni Pakistani and I am ashamed of these Sunni fundamentalist Blowing up worshippers in Shia and Ahmedi Mosques. The funny thing is they believe they are doing it to please God, as if Allah swt would be pleased by such Heinous Sins.

I am proud of our Pakistani Shia brothers who are highly educated segment of our society. We should be more like Iran. We should have excellent realtionship with both Iran and Saudi Arabia. Our relationships should not be with one at the expense of our relationship with the other.

Pakistan's Foreign Policy should gear itself to prioritizing its relationship with the following countries in this order of priority:

1. China
2. Turkey
3. Iran
4. Saudi Arabia
5. UAE and Gulf countries
6. Afghanistan
7. Eygpt
8. India ( to be moved up the ladder as they respond positively to friendship gestures ).

( Apart from countries with whom we have had Historical ties like China, Turkey and Saudi Arabia - we should prioritize our relationship with our neighbours).

We should also target our Trade and Co-Investment priorities in the same order of priority. It makes sense to do business with people who support you. Any contracts open to Foreign countries should opt for joint ventures with these partners.

Iran is a neighbour of ours and we need to do everything to improve our relationship with Iran and support their interests. Now after we have done right by them and our conscience is clear that we have been good friends and neighbours to them and they don't respond, then we will be justified to ignore them.

I think we Pakistanis need to stop being such reactionaries. Iran is not Anti-Pakistan, our government does not know how to promote our interests with other countries. If you talk to Iranians, you would be surprised to find how many times the Iranians say we have stepped on their toes and we are not even aware of those offences. How hard have we tried to be kind to Iran. We have our Sunni Mullahs blowing up shias in their Mosques. How do you think such stories play out in Iran. I am a Sunni Pakistani and I am ashamed of these Sunni fundamentalist Blowing up worshippers in Shia and Ahmedi Mosques. The funny thing is they believe they are doing it to please God, as if Allah swt would be pleased by such Heinous Sins.

I am proud of our Pakistani Shia brothers who are highly educated segment of our society. We should be more like Iran. We should have excellent realtionship with both Iran and Saudi Arabia. Our relationships should not be with one at the expense of our relationship with the other.

Pakistan's Foreign Policy should gear itself to prioritizing its relationship with the following countries in this order of priority:

1. China
2. Turkey
3. Iran
4. Saudi Arabia
5. UAE and Gulf countries
6. Afghanistan
7. Eygpt
8. India ( to be moved up the ladder as they respond positively to friendship gestures ).

( Apart from countries with whom we have had Historical ties like China, Turkey and Saudi Arabia - we should prioritize our relationship with our neighbours).

Iran is a neighbour of ours and we need to do everything to improve our relationship with Iran and support their interests. Now after we have done right by them and our conscience is clear that we have been good friends and neighbours to them and they don't respond, then we will be justified to ignore them.

In the long run Pakistan, China, India, and Iran need to get along.

If Iran support our enemies and support proxies against Pakistan's interests, then Pakistan has the right to act in self-defense.

I don't know brother, we'll have to wait and see.

China is already the biggest customer of Iranian oil. So Iran is currently beneficial to our interests, but they are still keeping their distance from us in terms of politics.

China is already the biggest customer of Iranian oil. So Iran is currently beneficial to our interests, but they are still keeping their distance from us in terms of politics.

Hmmm... This is getting interesting now, Who does Iran prefer? China or India? Only time will tell. I think India gets a lot of oil from Iran too.

Who has the larger trade with Iran? China or India?

Like I said before, Pakistan, China, India, and Iran all need to get along in the long run and solve their disputes according to just and moral principles, otherwise a "Greater SCO" isn't going work!

Being a Pakistani and sharing some similar culture with Iranians, I don't feel they are trust worthy. To me China is a greater ally than Iran.

Well then India is the biggest loser in the region, if China was able outdo India on Iran and Myanmar. Does India have any allies inthe region other than Russia who is far away?

An Iran-Pakistan-China pipeline could work, but America will not let this succeed.
Is China strong enough to support a Iran-Pakistan-China pipeline.

This pipeline may anger Pakistan's and China's allies in the Middle East.

Back
Top Bottom