What's new

Iran - Ally or Foe for Pakistan

They have not shown this in their policies.

You are right, they have not shown it yet.
Let's hope they choose Pakistan over India, so that the Iran-Pakistan-China oil/gas pipeline can work.
Remember, if Iran chooses India, Iran is also working against Chinese interests, since the G8 nations currently voted who they "liked." Its obvious that the western nations will prop up India to go against China. This is what Bush also wanted.
America does not want an IPC pipeline to work.
Its up to China to make this work, because only China has the potential to stand up to America.

China could also get oil from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, and Kuwait through Gwadar. I also heard Saudi Arabia is moving away from America's camp.

before revolution Iranian shah was really kind to Pakistan especially at the time of 1965 and 1971
but after revolution Iranian turn their foreign policy towards India

Firstly be careful, some of our mods are very pro Iranian, anti arab, you could get banned for inciting sectarianism.

As long as Iran stick to Shia expansionism they will view sunni Pakistan as an enemy, they will oppose us in Afghanistan, and Baluchistan[/B].

Remember how they came in like vultures into Afghanistan after the soviets left?

Secondly they heavily court India, they are building a competitor port to gwadar and always look to enhance ties with India, no matter how much India snub them.

So my perception of Iran is that they are slippery customers, they play the Palestine card, the Kashmir card when they want, but they do really care I don't think so.

However I wish it were not like this, but I don't look favourably on Iran right now.

Are you see Balochistan as a seprate country

Iran is not an ally, nor is it an enemy. Most Pakistanis don't understand how to deal with a neutral nation. For all they are worth, to us this is what they are, Neutral.

That's the thing, they are not neutral, they have done acts of outright aggression to Pakistan, we are too light on them, hawkish Iranians will interpret this as weakness, believe me.

But don't worry, we should remain mature and still deal with them, just be careful.

You are right, they have not shown it yet.
Let's hope they choose Pakistan over India, so that the Iran-Pakistan-China oil/gas pipeline can work.
Remember, if Iran chooses India, Iran is also working against Chinese interests, since the G8 nations currently voted who they "liked." Its obvious that the western nations will prop up India to go against China. This is what Bush also wanted.
America does not want an IPC pipeline to work.
Its up to China to make this work, because only China has the potential to stand up to America.

China could also get oil from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, and Kuwait through Gwadar. I also heard Saudi Arabia is moving away from America's camp.

Wake up, china doesnt hate them as much as you think, if India ever worry China too much china will engineer a war for us to fight, not them.

Everyone is doing business with everyone else, except Pakistan, the world is not so binary!!

Iran is the first country,who recognize Pakistan in 1947. Iran support Pakistan in every difficult time.in 1965 war Iran supplied free fuel for Pakistani jets,and give Pakistani fighters landing facilities.shah of Iran support gen.ayub khan in bolach uprising with gunships and other assets.if we talk about current Iranian leadership,they offers so many times to Pakistani leadership,for defense cooperation,energy projects,1000MW electricity supply on cheaper rates.as we are taking for GAWADAR AREA.butt Pakistani govt,and intelligence consider Iran a possible rival in Afghanistan.in Afghanistan Pakistan support Taliban along with Saudi Arabia and UAE. Iran support northern alliance.both Iran and Pakistan have their own vital interests in Afghanistan.it,s part of great game for huge oil and gas resources of central Asian states.that,s why american forces landed in Afghanistan not for bullfighter AL- QAEDA.american recently inked a deal with hamid karzai to stay for long time in Afghanistan with selective bases,special forces,cia and AIR FORCE.so it,s the matter of trade routes not,shias and Sunnis. Pakistan is not protector of Sunnis in the world. hundred of Sunnis killed daily in Yemen, Libya and so many other countries.35 hazara shias killed by AL-QUEIDA proxy lashkar-i-jhangvi in last week in Baluchistan,what Iran do for shia,s???.so Iran is not our rival,we have to settle our economic interests in bilateral talks,not by using proxies to kill each other...any how i do,nt consider Iran a foe,butt preferred to b a best friend of Pakistan.if america allow Pakistan to do this?????america don,nt allow Pakistan to alliance with a future nuclear Muslim state,and power full political player in middle east.butt it,s in the best interest of Pakistan and Iran to become strategic allies.

nor ally not foe man its muslim country and we have no problem with each other simply .

Iran is our neighbor and w must have good relations with Iran.It is a major influential Muslim country.Pakistan needs to form strategic relationship with Iran - In the past Iran and Pakistan were at the opposite end of the tunnel but now some of our interests are converging.We just need to ensure Shia Rights are well protected in Pakistan and that will keep Mullahs of Iran Happy!

Pakistan and Iran had hood relations under the shah because we were both under American thumb!!

But since ayatollahs what common interest do Pakistan and Iran have??

i dont think Iran is either ally or foe of pakistan....

Just because they support India dose'nt means Iran is your foe.

Firstly be careful, some of our mods are very pro Iranian, anti arab, you could get banned for inciting sectarianism.

As long as Iran stick to Shia expansionism they will view sunni Pakistan as an enemy, they will oppose us in Afghanistan, and Baluchistan.

Remember how they came in like vultures into Afghanistan after the soviets left?

Secondly they heavily court India, they are building a competitor port to gwadar and always look to enhance ties with India, no matter how much India snub them.

So my perception of Iran is that they are slippery customers, they play the Palestine card, the Kashmir card when they want, but they do really care I don't think so.

However I wish it were not like this, but I don't look favourably on Iran right now.

why Pakistani members think that India always snub Iran?

As long as Iran stick to Shia expansionism they will view sunni Pakistan as an enemy, they will oppose us in Afghanistan, and Baluchistan.

However I wish it were not like this, but I don't look favorably on Iran right now.
I think now Iran has now learned it's lesson after the UN vote on Iran Program.There should not be even a sunni-shia problem - Both Shia and Sunni can coexist any problem at all - I just don't understand the bias against Shia's...although i imagine it exists on their side too against Sunnis..
Just to be clear: I am a sunni myself but i don't have any problems with Shia People..Obviously there are few nutcracks in every sect and their interests lie in creating more hatred between people of different sects.What i want to say is we should not go out of our way to make Iran an enemy - Just treat it as we treat any other neutral country..If it tries to mess with our interests then big deal we can retaliate quietly.

shia Iran , wahabi Saudi , hindu india ,chiristian amreeka have their interests , its time for the land of pure to start considering their civilians and their interests first. Dont make emotional allies on the basis of religion ..

Iran does what it best for it's own country rather like India we don't look at religion as a binder.

Back
Top Bottom